Alaska Ovation cruise update

If you have been watching any of the recent news on the TV......................You would have to expect it to be cancelled. If I was you I wouldn't plan on it happening. Wait until  Royal cancels it and either get your money back or reschedule it for 2021.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Wait until  Royal cancels it and either get your money back or reschedule it for 2021.

Prices are much higher for Alaska 2021 right now.  I think they are anticipating everyone that got canceled this season, to try to use their FCC next summer.  We opted for a refund on our Alaska sailing that was canceled this June, because we would have had to add much more, even if we took a 125% FCC for the same cabin we had booked this year.  That doesn't even consider the additional perks we lost.

Expect to have a long wait for a refund, if the cruise does not happen.  Haven't receive any refund for either a cruise we had canceled under round one, or the one under round two.

10 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

The cruise planer app is not accurate, e.g. it still shows our one months ago canceled May cruise as active and ready to set sail...

Thank you. As I suspected. Will wait and see how things pan out. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If you have been watching any of the recent news on the TV......................You would have to expect it to be cancelled. If I was you I wouldn't plan on it happening. Wait until  Royal cancels it and either get your money back or reschedule it for 2021.

Will definitely wait for them to cancel. We shall see. 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Prices are much higher for Alaska 2021 right now.  I think they are anticipating everyone that got canceled this season, to try to use their FCC next summer.  We opted for a refund on our Alaska sailing that was canceled this June, because we would have had to add much more, even if we took a 125% FCC for the same cabin we had booked this year.  That doesn't even consider the additional perks we lost.

Expect to have a long wait for a refund, if the cruise does not happen.  Haven't receive any refund for either a cruise we had canceled under round one, or the one under round two.

We will likely take cash refund if they cancel. 

• 1 month later...

Our May 27 Alaska cruise was cancelled.  We took the refund and then booked the Ovation for August 28th Alaska cruise.  Hoping RCCL won't cancel this one.  But if they do cancel we'll take the full refund again and look for another cruise.

47 minutes ago, Gadget 1004 said:

Our May 27 Alaska cruise was cancelled.  We took the refund and then booked the Ovation for August 28th Alaska cruise.  Hoping RCCL won't cancel this one.  But if they do cancel we'll take the full refund again and look for another cruise.

You could “Lift & Shift” your Aug. 2020 Ovation cruise to another Alaska cruise a year from then (+/- 4 weeks)  - and get the same cabin category for the same price as this year’s cruise. You have until August 1st to Lift & Shift, as long as it’s before RCI cancels it. 

Edited by NancyIL

2 hours ago, Gadget 1004 said:

Lift and Shift that Alaska 28th 2020 cruise Now you will be price protected for the Alaska 2021 season. Do it now when you still have the chance...........If when they cancel the next  set of cruises, it may be ALL Alaska cruises for the entire 2020 season that are canceled............ if they do that all you will get  is a full refund and then you will have to pay 2021 prices which most likely are higher.

Lift and Shift now!

Edited by Jimbo

Thank you for the info.  We'll just see what happens.  Alaska is one of our favorite vacation spots.  We have been several times so if RCCL cancels it's not a big deal.  We live in Texas and just rebook a cruise out of Galveston.