Queen Elizabeth Position

sfred

Here's QE on her way into Southampton at about 5:30 this morning as seen on the Isle of Wight webcam at Cowes.

850565215_QECowesYachting23-July-2020.jpg.24efe07981000bb6abbdc3640cacce11.jpg

Just a few months ago I don't think any of us were expecting to see her back at Southampton for several more years at the earliest. And of course she's not returning under the best of circumstances. But she is back to what might be considered her spiritual home at least.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Welcome home Queen Elizabeth and thank you Bluemarble. 
What an adventure she has had ....and the British crew members will be so relieved to see their families. 
Let’s hope it’s not too long before she can set sail. Roll on the vaccine. 

Home at last.  QE now docked at Mayflower terminal.  Interestingly, MarineTraffic still shows her origin port as Brisbane,  having departed here on 7 April for her stay in Manila.  A mere 109 days from Australia to England. 

image.png.12a7309a4ed31f602c0684d88d613112.png

image.png.05cddf9d190f9c19c69d896efea2842f.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Posted on one of my facebook groups, a particularly good quality video of this mornings arrival...

Thank you for sharing this video.  Today marks exactly one year from when my wife and I boarded QEL in New York for our first ever voyage.  It was a transatlantic crossing with stops in Canada,  Iceland,  Scotland  and Ireland.  Seeing this video brings back great memories. 

20190724_182807.jpg

Edited by Dranuc2016
Add photo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Dranuc2016 said:

Thank you for sharing this video.  Today marks exactly one year from when my wife and I boarded QEL in New York for our first ever voyage.  It was a transatlantic crossing with stops in Canada,  Iceland,  Scotland  and Ireland.  Seeing this video brings back great memories. 

20190724_182807.jpg

I still think that's one of the best sail away views one will ever have and 99% of the times there's a great atmosphere on deck.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:34 AM, Dranuc2016 said:

20190724_182807.jpg

Thats pretty cool, you would have sailed with friends we met heading to Southampton. We got off in New York after sailing from Vancouver, it was a fantastic trip that is no longer possible, how crazy is that. Wonderful ship, wonderful trip so glad we did it!

IMG_4255.JPG

19 hours ago, Springermaniac said:

Thats pretty cool, you would have sailed with friends we met heading to Southampton. We got off in New York after sailing from Vancouver, it was a fantastic trip that is no longer possible, how crazy is that. Wonderful ship, wonderful trip so glad we did it!

IMG_4255.JPGGorgeous sailing in/out of Vancouver!

• 2 weeks later...

As sometimes happens, there was a camera operator following QE's progress past the "Cowes Yachting" webcam at "isleofwightwebcams.co.uk" today making for an especially good show there. Here's one of the screen grabs I got from that webcam as QE departed Southampton this afternoon on her way back to Weymouth.

2103050359_QECowesYachting12-August-2020.jpg.ff4b8604e08afcaa48253965aa6b618a.jpg

Edited by bluemarble

39 minutes ago, Dranuc2016 said:

QEL webcam back up.  It has been quite some time since it was running.

Excellent! I had almost given up hope about QE's webcam. I notice the QM2 webcam is not working at the moment. It had been working earlier today. Hopefully that's just temporary.

50 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Excellent! I had almost given up hope about QE's webcam. I notice the QM2 webcam is not working at the moment. It had been working earlier today. Hopefully that's just temporary.

Oh, good. QM2's webcam is back showing the view from the Mayflower Terminal. All three bridge webcams are now back in operation.

qm2.jpg.11841c13f6604e6bdf023961cc13061b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Reviving old thread.  The QEL, currently anchored, can be seen pretty clearly from the bridge webcam of the Norwegian Encore.  The QEL was the first ship I ever sailed on and completely enjoyed it.  It has a more cozy feel than the QM2, which I also completely enjoyed, and plan to travel on again when possible.

NCL_Encore20201013_view_of_QEL.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Now I'm the one reviving this old thread to mention that QE's bridge webcam started working again last night following another long stretch of time offline. The image size is larger now (704 x 480). Here's what the view looks like this morning at QE's current position at Weymouth / Portland Anchorage.

qel.jpg.2dc6a963257d8e70deec8e279b104d81.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks bluemarble. I had seen the larger format previously before the webcam went dark, and have hopes this is a hint that the IT on board was being upgraded.

Tonight QEL is due back in Southampton,  and I want to share a couple of webcams I recently found.

They show Ocean Terminal, and Queen Elizabeth II terminal (also a third that shows the ferry terminal.

P&O Ventura leaving Queen Elizabeth II now, QEL due in same terminal 10pm local time.

• Thanks 1

Those are some interesting new perspectives provided by the live streams on the "Solent Ships" Youtube feed that @Dranuc2016 brought to our attention yesterday.

Here's a screen capture from the stream that's providing a view of QE docked at the QEII terminal today. It's shared here with the kind permission of Solent Ships, captured from the stream found at this link.

Port Cam - Southampton Port Camera Cruise, Ferries, Tugs and Container Ships (Live Stream 24/7)

601058444_QESouthampton2021-03-26.thumb.jpg.73117d65c5ba5160b6e8435cd835f197.jpg

QE is currently scheduled to be in Southampton for a couple more days, until 28-Mar-21 22:00.

Edited by bluemarble

• 1 month later...

I see the Cunard bridge webcam images are finally unfrozen after about a month. At the moment, the QV webcam is displaying the "unavailable" message though. Here's what the QE webcam looks like showing her in Southampton at the City Terminal.

qel.jpg

The "Solent Ships" YouTube channel is planning a live stream with commentary of QE's departure this evening starting at 20:45. Here's the link to that stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUkj1grOG5A

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Getting a bit like normal times in Southampton. Spotted Queen Elizabeth , passing Cowes on the Isle of Wight,  earlier this morning on her way in to join the three other cruise ships in port...

Queen Elizabeth Arrival 17 May 21.jpg

Yes it does look a bit more like normal times, doesn't it, especially for QE. An examination of the Southampton VTS cruise schedule shows QE in Southampton on the following dates leading up to her planned first cruise with passengers on 19 July. We should be seeing a lot more of her in Southampton during the upcoming weeks and months.

17 May - 19 May

23 May

31 May - 03 Jun

07 Jun - 10 Jun

14 Jun - 16 Jun

22 Jun - 23 Jun

02 Jul

07 Jul

09 Jul - 10 Jul

18 Jul

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 8:17 AM, Solent Richard said:

Getting a bit like normal times in Southampton. Spotted Queen Elizabeth , passing Cowes on the Isle of Wight,  earlier this morning on her way in to join the three other cruise ships in port...

Queen Elizabeth Arrival 17 May 21.jpg

Well having passed us only on Monday (the 17th) imagine my surprise when I spotted Queen Elizabeth passing Norris castle this morning, once again heading into Southampton...

Queen Elizabeth 1 Arrival 23 May 21.jpg