Queen Elizabeth Position

sfred

Here's a port of call we don't see too often. QE is in Ibiza today. This image was captured from the Ibiza Port webcam hosted by the Ibiza Style website found at "ibiza-style.com/en/webcam-livecam-ibiza-port". I'm posting this with the kind permission of Ibiza Style.

1921416343_QEIbiza2022-04-26.thumb.jpg.65e09d108fe815fb46160d026988328a.jpg

• Like 3

Here's an image of QE's departure from La Coruña / A Coruña this afternoon. Probably worth posting since this is another port QE won't be visiting again any time soon.

This image was captured from the "A Coruña (móbil)" webcam found on the CRTVG.es website at "www.crtvg.es/crtvg/camaras-web/a-coruna-mobil". I am posting this image here with the kind permission of CRTVG.es.

174295078_QELaCorunaDeparture2022-04-30.thumb.jpg.e11ae21e004184ce462661b6293705d8.jpg

Edit to add: The other cruise ship in this image is Mein Schiff 4.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

I don't think we've seen this particular view yet on this thread showing QE at the Ocean Terminal in Southampton. This is a capture from the Cruise Cam live stream on the Solent Ships YouTube channel. I think this view is particularly important today since it's likely to be a very long time until we see QE back in Southampton again.

171392216_QESouthampton2022-05-02.thumb.jpg.50a5256f21ce620df7d8613ab8d03061.jpg

• Like 7

There were plenty of good webcam opportunities for QE's departure this evening. I thought this might be an appropriate image to bid farewell to QE from Southampton for at least the next two years if things go according to plan. This is a capture from the Netley Cam stream on the Solent Ships YouTube channel.

915723150_QESouthamptonDeparture2022-05-02.thumb.jpg.7a6f6909bfaa3e5e9ccb46c4598e15ef.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

QE is transiting the Panama Canal today. Here is a capture from the Gatun Locks webcam on the Panama Canal Authority website found at "multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/gatun.html".

gatun00001.thumb.jpg.05cc80673ab8e75c48b69a29890eb8c9.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a view of QE departing Los Angeles (San Pedro) this evening. This is a capture from the webcam on the Port of Los Angeles Live Stream on YouTube. The navel vessel at the left is of course the Battleship USS Iowa Museum.

508236839_QELosAngelesDeparture2022-05-30.thumb.jpg.403b1a733f988f8c8125a7e8116dff64.jpg

Next stop for QE is San Francisco then on to Vancouver to start the Alaska season.

• Like 6

Oops, I see I misspelled "naval" in my last post. Oh well, on to San Francisco.

Here's an image captured from another of Skyline Webcams' cameras showing QE's arrival at San Francisco this morning. This one is hosted by the Mersea Restaurant on Treasure Island. It's found at "www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-states/california/san-francisco/san-francisco-skyline.html". Kudos to the camera operator who zoomed in on QE and followed her arrival into port.

1656403801_QESanFranciscoArrival2022-06-01.thumb.jpg.212173d4f8e4cff6992ef2b6ac84f822.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a view of QE's arrival at Juneau, Alaska a few hours ago. This is from PTZtv's Juneau Harbor Webcam found at "www.juneauharborwebcam.com". I wasn't watching to catch QE's arrival live this morning but fortunately this image resides in their image archive.

1519626990_QEJuneauArrival2022-06-05.thumb.jpg.e4a5234c82d7d2e4675fcdb155cc6255.jpg

• Like 5

QE is in Ketchikan, Alaska today. Here is a view of QE as seen on the "Mega-View (cam 2)" camera found on the KPU Ketchikan Webcam site at "webcamketchikan.com". It was quite cloudy earlier today, but it looks like the sun has made an appearance this afternoon. I am posting this image with the kind permission of KPU.

cam2.thumb.jpg.f8b156e6215c0bc8c82bea04a85668a7.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another view of QE in Alaska. QE has returned to Ketchikan today for her third visit this season. The folks at KPU have so many different webcam views at "webcamketchikan.com", let's check out the view from another one of them today. This is the view from their "Mega-View (cam 5)" camera. It shows QE passing the Ketchikan airport in the background with the Taquan Air floatplane facility in the foreground as she arrived at Ketchikan this morning.

1482939222_QEKetchikanArrival2022-06-29(cam5).thumb.jpg.c354d404e274e69fdb4ef995b3e9638c.jpg

• Like 6

If my webcam capture of QV at Tallinn a few days ago offered a "distant" view, then this capture of QE entering Glacier Bay, Alaska this afternoon might be termed "microscopic". The only webcam I've found showing Glacier Bay with cruise ships is the one at Lower Glacier Bay hosted by the US National Park Service at "www.nps.gov/media/webcam/view.htm?id=81B4672D-1DD8-B71B-0B04336F55ECDD47".

That webcam mostly refreshes once a minute. To make things interesting, I turned successive webcam captures into a video showing each image for three seconds. That essentially produces a time lapse running at twenty times normal speed (15 minutes reduced to 45 seconds). Let's see how well this works as a video showing QE far off in the distance arriving at Lower Glacier Bay, Alaska this afternoon. QE sails from left to right across the field of view in this video. Maximize the video for best results.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

QE is in Juneau, Alaska for her third call this season. As usual there are good views on PTZtv's "Juneau Harbor Webcam". For something a bit different today though, let's take a look at another Juneau webcam.

This is a capture from one of the webcams hosted by a site called The Snow Cloud found at "webcams.thesnowcloud.com". This is the view from their Tram North webcam showing QE's arrival at Juneau a few hours ago. I am posting this with the kind permission of The Snow Cloud.

412792491_QEJuneau2022-07-05.thumb.jpg.f89ec694f238caf41c55585a3c4a780c.jpg

• Like 4

QE has arrived at Icy Strait Point (Hoonah, Alaska) to what looks like a mostly cloudy day today. This is the view from another of the webcams hosted by The Snow Cloud site found at "webcams.thesnowcloud.com". The other ship at the right of this image is Viking Orion which happens to be the ship we cruised on to the Mexican Riviera this past Christmas and New Year.

695173753_QEIcyStraitPoint2022-07-07.thumb.jpg.f352297e84a0eaa40cb25faabbdac4da.jpg

• Like 2

QE is back at Ketchikan today and it's an opportunity to show another of the webcams on the KPU Ketchikan Webcam site at "webcamketchikan.com". This one is their "Mega-View (cam 7)" overlooking downtown Ketchikan.

It's a busy day today at Ketchikan for cruise ships. In this view Queen Elizabeth, Westerdam and Grand Princess are docked at berths 2, 3 and 4 while Noordam in the background is approaching to dock at berth 1 to the far left. If you look closely you will also see the small National Geographic expedition ship Sea Bird to the port of Westerdam and aft of Grand Princess. Not seen in this view is Norwegian Encore which is docked a few miles to the west at Ward Cove. Westerdam is scheduled to depart in about two hours with Celebrity Eclipse arriving to replace her two hours after that.

1921287290_QEKetchikan2022-07-08.thumb.jpg.b4a249490db725532ca0d0657f59c58d.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

Today is our last chance to see QE at Juneau this year. Let's take a look at another of the webcams hosted by The Snow Cloud site found at "webcams.thesnowcloud.com". This is the view from their Mariner View Center South webcam.

The other cruise ships in this view are Zuiderdam to the left of QE and Quantum of the Seas to the right. Disney Wonder is also at Juneau today but QE is blocking the view to her.

1754523208_QEJuneau2022-07-15.thumb.jpg.d4312bad41eb838b6f18dc121310633e.jpg

• Like 3

Today is the last chance to see QE at Ketchikan this year and the last chance to show off another of the webcams found on the KPU Ketchikan Webcam site at "webcamketchikan.com". It's a murky day today at Ketchikan, but perhaps this is still a worthwhile view of QE's arrival captured from their "Mega-View (cam 4)" camera. That camera's description says it is "located at The Point and looks West / Southwest toward Gravina Island and Ketchikan’s airport." Except for traces of color on the funnel you could be mistaken for thinking this image is only in black and white.

1931578267_QEKetchikanArrival2022-07-18(cam4).thumb.jpg.b6d1bab01d68ddb1398b38646e8adde1.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1