Queen Elizabeth Position

sfred

I think it would be remiss of me not to post any webcam images of QE at Vancouver. I haven't been able to find a functioning webcam at the Canada Place cruise terminal. Now that QE's Alaska season has come to an end, I'll post a screen capture from a webcam near the cruise terminal offering views of the ships as they arrive and depart. Here is a view showing QE arriving at Vancouver this morning. This is a capture from the "Live Vancouver Harbour Webcam Stream" found on YouTube at "www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbAgGg6-Qs". I'm posting this with the kind permission of the site owner.

1905914154_QEVancouverArrival2022-07-21.thumb.jpg.3c32061a4a4ffebbb208a193d0c7f5fc.jpg

• Like 3

QE is in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico today and is visible on several of the webcams found on the Cabo Villas website at "www.cabovillas.com/webcams.asp". Here is a capture from their "Villa del Arco Live Video Pool Cam". I am posting this image with the kind permission of CaboVillas.com at "www.cabovillas.com".

1637525_QECaboSanLucas2022-07-29.thumb.jpg.a0153ef9c2740110cb2113cda1a5194f.jpg

• Like 6

QE is transiting the Panama Canal today, this time from the Pacific to the Atlantic. She's repositioning to Barcelona after completing her Alaska season. This is a capture from the Miraflores Locks webcam found on the Panama Canal Authority website at "multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/miraflores.html".

hd-miraflores.thumb.jpg.9d1e000985101bfb7dfaf551376834a4.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 5

Since it's going to be another full year until we see QE transiting the Panama Canal again, here's another view from a webcam I don't think I've posted before. This is a capture from the Cerro Luisa webcam found on the Canal de Panamá website at "multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/cerro-luisa.html". This view shows QE traversing the Pedro Miguel Locks.

1188189684_cerro-luisa00001(1).thumb.jpg.fc530fcf7db7feec61a6d19242fafaea.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 4

OK, I'm overdoing it, but I couldn't resist completing the trifecta of Panama Canal webcam images today from the Panama Canal Authority's Canal de Panamá website. This one shows QE at the Gatun Locks captured from their webcam found at "multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/gatun.html".

959627430_gatun00001(1).thumb.jpg.a04902f25c54a3258c66039a593c550c.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I couldn't resist completing the trifecta of Panama Canal webcam images today from the Panama Canal Authority's Canal de Panamá website.

Thaks @bluemarble.  The photos are great.  Last week, Cunard's "Big Balcony Event" sale enticed us to book next year's 2023 QE canal voyage, starting in San Francisco.  The canal has been on our bucket list of voyages for a while now. 

Here's a capture of QE's departure from Fort Lauderdale this evening. This is from PTZtv's webcam at "portevergladeswebcam.com". It's been an overcast day today, but since I didn't post anything from Fort Lauderdale when she was here in May, and this is the last opportunity to see any of the Cunard ships here this year, I decided to give it a go.

453341745_QEFortLauderdaleDeparture2022-08-09.thumb.jpg.9e4ec809c41bcb090303460e542ea0bc.jpg

• Like 6

On 8/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, bluemarble said:

OK, I'm overdoing it, but I couldn't resist completing the trifecta of Panama Canal webcam images today from the Panama Canal Authority's Canal de Panamá website. This one shows QE at the Gatun Locks captured from their webcam found at "multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/gatun.html".

959627430_gatun00001(1).thumb.jpg.a04902f25c54a3258c66039a593c550c.jpg

We were on her for this. Great to see those photos. The thing that I never expected was how beautiful Panama is as you slowly cruise along between the docks. An amazing day. 

QE is at Ponta Delgada, Azores today. She is calling there as a replacement for the call at Bermuda on August 12th that was canceled.

This is a capture from the Ponta Delgada webcam found on the SpotAzores website at "www.spotazores.com/cam/ponta-delgada/". I am posting this with the kind permission of SpotAzores.com.

VGAcurrent.jpg.4ec15d5b633dda93cd94705c186cad6d.jpg

• Like 4

QE is in Funchal, Madeira today. Here is a capture showing QE from the Funchal marina webcam found at "www.webcamtaxi.com/en/portugal/madeira/funchal-marina.html". The other cruise ship in this view is MSC Virtuosa. I am posting this image with the kind permission of WebcamTaxi.

2141538427_QEFunchal2022-08-18.thumb.jpg.dde321e1edfb42ddb071e84f28fef478.jpg

• Like 2

@D&N, now that QE is starting her schedule of Mediterranean cruises, is there any possibility you will have the opportunity to post some photos of QE in Villefranche (as you did with some excellent shots of QM2 recently)? I believe QE is scheduled to be in Villefranche on August 24th, September 7th and September 21st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

@D&N, now that QE is starting her schedule of Mediterranean cruises, is there any possibility you will have the opportunity to post some photos of QE in Villefranche (as you did with some excellent shots of QM2 recently)? I believe QE is scheduled to be in Villefranche on August 24th, September 7th and September 21st.

Sorry, don't think we'll manage back to Villefranche. We combined that with a picnic in Monaco that we sometimes do in summer.

We might be able to get something at Cannes on one of the visits.

We were planning to have a beach picnic at Île Sainte-Marguerite today, but I took one of our cats to the vets as she's not been eating well. We'll probably wait a few days to monitor her progress, which could mean that our trip could coincide with a Cannes visit.

Although we swim and picnic on the south of the island, the ferry should pass QE in both directions and we'd get opportunities from the jetty on the island and from the port at Cannes.

• Like 1

@bluemarble Update; Possibility we can work in Sept 21st. We'll have a visitor and plan a lunch at  Geppetto https://www.facebook.com/geppettoalex/ in Nice one of the days. If we get on the move early enough we could visit Villefranche and get bus back to Nice, breaking journey at viewpoint.

Let you know nearer time.

• Like 1

Not the best photo. I don't have a camera that deals very well with low light at a distance.

The low cloud on the horizon doesn't help either.

Dawn breaking on the Cote d'Azur at 06:08 this morning as Queen Elizabeth heads into Villefranche-sur-Mer

P1040877.JPG

Edited by D&N
  • Like 5

With kind permission of shinshu-a.com, I can post an image of Queen Elizabeth shortly before departure from Villefranche-sur-Mer this evening.

vsm_full (1).jpg

Edited by D&N
  • Like 4

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that when viewing MarineTraffic (without subscription) after a ship has departed from a tendering port, it often appears that some of the tenders have been left behind?

I find the thought that they might have forgotten about them mildly amusing. 😂

2 minutes ago, D&N said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that when viewing MarineTraffic (without subscription) after a ship has departed from a tendering port, it often appears that some of the tenders have been left behind?

I find the thought that they might have forgotten about them mildly amusing. 😂

Yes, like little ducklings abandoned by their mother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Very good, @D&N. I never got a reply to the email I sent to shinshu-a-com asking permission. I'm glad you were able to contact them.

The answer came quite quickly from: Shin SHIBATA (living in Japan).

I have tried emailing: portvillefranchedarse@departement06.fr as well, having taken a screenshot from that camera, but no response so far.

1 minute ago, D&N said:

The answer came quite quickly from: Shin SHIBATA (living in Japan).

I have tried emailing: portvillefranchedarse@departement06.fr as well, having taken a screenshot from that camera, but no response so far.

Prior to QM2's call last month, I tried contacting both portvillefranchedarse@departement06.fr and vision-environment@live.fr which I found somewhere as another possible contact for that "Webcam port départemental de la Darse" which shows the Villefrache harbor. No luck getting replies from either of those, I'm afraid. Fortunately you were able to provide much better photos anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, like little ducklings abandoned by their mother.

We were once on QV when all three Cunarders were in Southampton. QM2 deliberately left one of her lifeboats behind for repairs, and, as we sailed past the Ocean Terminal, which QM2 had just left, the poor little boat was charging along the dock as if trying to catch up with its mother. It was very pathetic.

• Haha 2