FCC for cancelled cruises

5 minutes ago, karena1 said:

My FCC is more than I need for one cruise, so will have to get a new FCC instead.  I will have 2 FCC's in total and will apply them to cruises I already have booked

You will only get 1 FCC at a time.  When you apply that to a booking and then once that booking has sailed you will then get a new FCC for the balance remaining which you can then apply to a different booking.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Ourusualbeach,

While I have no skin in the game as I had no cruises booked.  I would like to thank you for keeping people update/researching what may be in happening regards to FCC/refunds.

• Like 8

I received my FCC last  night for an April 3rd sailing. Exactly the same experience as others stated. I called Royal because I had a Next Cruise Certificate which I applied towards the April sailing. Previously I was told any perks associated with the NCC were lost, but when I called today I was told they could be used on my next cruise.  We will see!

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will only get 1 FCC at a time.  When you apply that to a booking and then once that booking has sailed you will then get a new FCC for the balance remaining which you can then apply to a different booking.

I know that.  I am a TA and have also cruised over 100 times, so I know what will happen.  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ok, it didn't sound like it by your post which is why I posted a clarification.  Sorry for the inconvenience

no problem.  I have FCC's for clients already so I read how it works.  Thanks for posting

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, karena1 said:

no problem.  I have FCC's for clients already so I read how it works.  Thanks for posting

Just want to make sure I got this if I apply $2,000 FCC to a fare only costing $700 in December 28th  I won’t be able to use balance till January?

1 minute ago, w770496 said:

Just want to make sure I got this if I apply $2,000 FCC to a fare only costing $700 in December 28th  I won’t be able to use balance till January?

Right, at least until then.  My understanding is the new FCC will not be issued until the cruise in Dec sails.  So you would not be able to use the remaining (new) FCC until a 2021 cruise.  I can do that since we have 10 booked for 2021.  So I will use my first FCC on our Dec cruise and then use the new FCC on one of our 2021 cruises

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just got my FCC in for the March 15 sailing on Anthem that Royal Cancelled.

The FCC was divided based on what the guest paid on the invoice and not split equally as it was on guest cancelled sailings

- either they made a mistake on mine 

- they have change policy

- they are giving FCC's based on cruise fare for the sailings they cancel and are issuing them in equal amounts for guest cancelled sailings

Has anyone else received a FCC from a Royal cancelled sailing?

I was scheduled on the same cruise as you that was canceled by royal.  I have not as yet received any FCC for this cruise nor have I received a credit for items purchased precruise on my CC.  Hopefully by Monday.  The only thing that I received are the C&A points. 

23 minutes ago, seadays4me said:

I was scheduled on the same cruise as you that was canceled by royal.  I have not as yet received any FCC for this cruise nor have I received a credit for items purchased precruise on my CC.  Hopefully by Monday.  The only thing that I received are the C&A points. 

Hopefully soon

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just got my FCC in for the March 15 sailing on Anthem that Royal Cancelled.

The FCC was divided based on what the guest paid on the invoice and not split equally as it was on guest cancelled sailings

- either they made a mistake on mine 

- they have change policy

- they are giving FCC's based on cruise fare for the sailings they cancel and are issuing them in equal amounts for guest cancelled sailings

Has anyone else received a FCC from a Royal cancelled sailing?

Yes.  Mine are split evenly.  This makes it quite literally impossible to re-book without leaving a huge balance for one person and an amount due for the other.  Terrible of RC.  So angry.

Just received my FCC April 10, 2020 from a canceled March 15, 2020 sailing.

The March 15 sailing was moved to July 4, 2020. Another deposit paid and also told I had to pay for the balance of the July 4 cruise (90 day rule) by April 5th, 2020 and then apply my FCC when I received it both from RCL and travel agent.

I read in my RCL FCC email that my FCC CAN NOT be applied to a cruise paid in full..which was done 6 days ago....or I would have my reservation canceled!

Called travel agent, I called RCL. Both declined to apply FCC to the July 4, 2020 paid in full cruise.

I now have a paid in full rescheduled "new" cruise for July 4, 2020 and an FCC from the canceled March 15, 2020 cruise which expires 12/2021.

To top it off, if the July 4, 2020 cruise is canceled due to the new CDC 100 day rule and FCC is issued for the July 4, 2020 cruise, I will have 2 FCC certificates that CAN NOT be applied to just one new future cruise.

Multiple FCC for the same person are required to be used separately on 2 DIFFERENT cruises.

If I request refund for the March 15, 2020 cruise I lose the $1000 rooms deposit.

Can’t really get ahead…..or break even.

Cruiser beware.

4 minutes ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Yes.  Mine are split evenly.  This makes it quite literally impossible to re-book without leaving a huge balance for one person and an amount due for the other.  Terrible of RC.  So angry.

Call and they will look at redistributing the funds

When this all started I was told that if I booked a new cruise (and paid cash for the $1000 deposit) that once the FCC came, I could apply the full FCC value and my $1000 would be refunded to me.

Has anyone here applies their FCC to a booking and gotten the deposit refunded?

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

When this all started I was told that if I booked a new cruise (and paid cash for the $1000 deposit) that once the FCC came, I could apply the full FCC value and my $1000 would be refunded to me.

Has anyone here applies their FCC to a booking and gotten the deposit refunded?

I believe that money would only be refunded if the FCC covered any outstanding amount and there was still some left that could be applied to the deposit.

example. Cruise $3000, deposit 1000, fcc 2000= no money refunded but the cruise is paid in full

cruise 3000, deposit 1000, fcc 3000.  Deposit of 1000 would be refunded

taxes and fees not included in above examples as they are not covered by the FCC. 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe that money would only be refunded if the FCC covered any outstanding amount and there was still some left that could be applied to the deposit.

example. Cruise $3000, deposit 1000, fcc 2000= no money refunded but the cruise is paid in full

taxes and fees not included in above examples as they are not covered by the FCC. 

Yes that makes sense and is what I would expect. But had anyone actually had this happen yet? With all the mixed messages from Royal I could see them saying the opposite now. I don't want to put another $1000 down on a new cruise when my FCC would cover the full amount if it won't be refunded.

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

21 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Yes that makes sense and is what I would expect. But had anyone actually had this happen yet? With all the mixed messages from Royal I could see them saying the opposite now. I don't want to put another $1000 down on a new cruise when my FCC would cover the full amount if it won't be refunded.

So it appears that Royal has slightly changed the position on refunds of deposits. Here are the two relevant points from their FAQ sheet. 

19. Can Future Cruise Credits be used to pay for the deposit owed on my client’s reservation?
A Cruise with Confidence & Global Sailing Suspension FCC cannot be used to pay for the cruise deposit. However, if the gross cruise fare is less than the amount of the FCC, no payment would be required other than the amount for Taxes and Fees. If the FCC does not cover the gross cruise fare, the guest will be required to pay either the balance due, or the deposit amount, whichever is lowest. Guests awaiting the delivery of their FCC can take advantage of the automatic option extension to May 31st, 2020, at which time the FCC must be applied.
20. My clients paid their cruise deposit with a personal credit card while awaiting the delivery of their Future Cruise Credit. Upon redemption of the FCC, can their deposit be refunded?
The value of the FCC will be applied to the cruise fare owed, while the deposit paid via credit card will then be reallocated towards the amount owed for taxes & fees. Any monetary overage can then be applied to the purchase of pre-paid gratuities, transfers, and more. Currently, refunds will not be administered in this scenario and remaining balances will be issued in the form of a Future Cruise Credit.

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So it appears that Royal has slightly changed the position on refunds of deposits. Here are the two relevant points from their FAQ sheet. 
20. My clients paid their cruise deposit with a personal credit card while awaiting the delivery of their Future Cruise Credit. Upon redemption of the FCC, can their deposit be refunded?
The value of the FCC will be applied to the cruise fare owed, while the deposit paid via credit card will then be reallocated towards the amount owed for taxes & fees. Any monetary overage can then be applied to the purchase of pre-paid gratuities, transfers, and more. Currently, refunds will not be administered in this scenario and remaining balances will be issued in the form of a Future Cruise Credit.

Ugh. This is EXACTLY what I was afraid of.

Ken, sounds reasonable except when I did a new booking (through our TA on 4/6) I am not paying anything while waiting for the FCC.  No taxes and fees.  Still haven't seen taxes and fees come back from the cancelled cruises but it is still a bit early for that.  New cruises are slightly less than the FCC and Royal would not take a deposit for them. 

Kind of wondering if taxes and fees from cancelled cruises are being applied directly to the new bookings since they wouldn't even accept those.  

And I still can't make purchases or reservations in the Cruise Planner.  Arrgh.

We were booked on a 3/13 sailing that we cancelled. Our FCC's were not evenly split. My wife (guest 2) actually had a slightly higher value. We got our taxes and fees refunded this past week. We booked a cruise for May on 3/13 which was immediately paid in full. Once we got our FCC, our TA requested that they be put towards the May cruise and refunded the amount used. We were sent an updated invoice showing the refund amount and Royal confirmed as of last week that it was in process. While I don't think our sailing in May will happen at this point, the fact that we were not given equal FCC and that we were told we could use our FCC towards a previously paid cruise is contradictory to what has been posted here. Seems like things are consistently inconsistent as usual.

5 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Ken, sounds reasonable except when I did a new booking (through our TA on 4/6) I am not paying anything while waiting for the FCC.  No taxes and fees.  Still haven't seen taxes and fees come back from the cancelled cruises but it is still a bit early for that.  New cruises are slightly less than the FCC and Royal would not take a deposit for them. 

Kind of wondering if taxes and fees from cancelled cruises are being applied directly to the new bookings since they wouldn't even accept those.  

And I still can't make purchases or reservations in the Cruise Planner.  Arrgh.

Once you get your FCC and apply it to the cruise you will have to pay the taxes and fees at that point.  Taxes and fees are always refunded and won’t be moved. Until you have money on the booking you won’t be allowed in the cruise planner. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

29 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Yes it was for us too.  We were told we would get a refund after our FCC arrived.  Our 90 days prior to cruise date was April 5.  So we paid after I was declined an extension to April 14 waiting for FCC.  FCC arrived April 10.  In the email it said the FCC could not be applied to paid in full cruises.  Nice.

So today we applied for the refund of the March 15 cruise canceled by RCL which will nullify the FCC we cannot use towards the July 4 sailing.

517E6680-033B-4A3C-87DA-0B01A64C451B.jpeg

Edited by mstayman
Clarification:

22 minutes ago, jrapps said:

By the sounds of it the deposit can be reallocated to pay taxes and fees as well as gratuities and potentially insurance thereby leaving pretty much the entire basic cruise fare available to apply the fcc to.