FCC for cancelled cruises

On 4/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

So I should have called but I did get the answers.

- Customer cancelled cruises are still having the FCC split equally among all guests

- Sailings cancelled by Royal will have the FCC issued based on the cruise fare paid per guest

- They will allow moving FCC amounts around when you do the booking as long as the guests are on the reservation.

- You are allowed to apply more that 1 FCC per booking.

Thanks for this info. I am in the boat of having my FCC's divided up equally instead of being based on fare paid. 

Because we were two adults and four children split among two cabins, the math is frustrating as the FCC stands due since my 10 year old son's FCC is worth $676 (as pax 2 in a cabin for 2) whereas mine is $542 (pax 1 in a cabin for 4). 

Do you happen to know if I want to have the FCCs moved around more equitably for a future booking (given that four of the passengers cannot cruise without an adult), can I contact RCL directly or would I have to work through the agent I booked the cancelled cruise through? 

Thank you so much for posting new info as it's becoming available. 

8 minutes ago, JillK said:

Thanks for this info. I am in the boat of having my FCC's divided up equally instead of being based on fare paid. 

Because we were two adults and four children split among two cabins, the math is frustrating as the FCC stands due since my 10 year old son's FCC is worth $676 (as pax 2 in a cabin for 2) whereas mine is $542 (pax 1 in a cabin for 4). 

Do you happen to know if I want to have the FCCs moved around more equitably for a future booking (given that four of the passengers cannot cruise without an adult), can I contact RCL directly or would I have to work through the agent I booked the cancelled cruise through? 

Thank you so much for posting new info as it's becoming available. 

You can work directly with Royal as the FCC is yours and no longer tied to the agent.  You can use the same agent, book direct or book with a different agent...your choice.

It would probably be best if you had a cruise decided on or one already booked before calling.

• Like 1

Excuse me if this has been asked already (I am sure it has), but there has been so much going on. We have an August 13 booking for 4 ($1000 paid), and we have only paid the deposit so far. We are going to cancel and rebook one for next year.. I know we will have a new $1000 deposit we will put down.  The FCC from August 13 would be $1000 still right (no taxes or fees paid yet??)? Hope that makes sense.  I've read so many different things, I don't know anymore.  We didn't want to make final payment, and then have that money tied up as a FCC right now.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:56 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully soon

Just received the 125% FCC for the cancelled 3/15 Anthem cruise.  It was received in two emails, one larger amount sent to me and a smaller amount (60% less) sent to my spouse.  Hopefully will be able to combine on a future cruise.  No word yet on refunds for internet purchases and taxes and fees.  

8 minutes ago, seadays4me said:

Just received the 125% FCC for the cancelled 3/15 Anthem cruise.  It was received in two emails, one larger amount sent to me and a smaller amount (60% less) sent to my spouse.  Hopefully will be able to combine on a future cruise.  No word yet on refunds for internet purchases and taxes and fees.  

Good news.  Once you decide on a cruise call to see if money can be moved from one to another if needed.  I have been told that they are making exceptions on a case by case basis. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good news.  Once you decide on a cruise call to see if money can be moved from one to another if needed.  I have been told that they are making exceptions on a case by case basis. 

I just got off the phone with Royal. They told me that they will re-allocate the FCC between family members as long as 2 conditions are met

1 - Your cruise was cancelled by Royal and you got the 125% FCC (does not qualify if YOU cancelled your cruise for 100% FCC, only if Royal cancelled on YOU) during the Cruise with Confidence time period and

2 - The exact same family members are on the original and new bookings.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Already booked the Anthem for 3/14/21 but had to pay the $500 deposit.  Will use the FCC and any amount left over for another cruise.  We have another one booked that will now be cancelled and plan to take the refund. 

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I just got off the phone with Royal. They told me that they will re-allocate the FCC between family members as long as 2 conditions are met

1 - Your cruise was cancelled by Royal and you got the 125% FCC (does not qualify if YOU cancelled your cruise for 100% FCC, only if Royal cancelled on YOU) during the Cruise with Confidence time period and

2 - The exact same family members are on the original and new bookings.

Thanks for the update.

I knew about the second condition which makes sense.  

The first condition is somewhat troubling as people who have cancelled under this have reported FCC’s issued both equally among all parties in the reservation and divided based on cruise fare paid. 

Just now, seadays4me said:

Already booked the Anthem for 3/14/21 but had to pay the $500 deposit.  Will use the FCC and any amount left over for another cruise.  We have another one booked that will now be cancelled and plan to take the refund. 

The deposit can be reallocated to cover taxes and fees, gratuities and travel protection leaving more room for the FCC  if you need to use more up.  

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the update.

I knew about the second condition which makes sense.  

The first condition is somewhat troubling as people who have cancelled under this have reported FCC’s issued both equally among all parties in the reservation and divided based on cruise fare paid. 

My guess is this is all still very fluid for Royal as it is for us and policies are being made and changed over and over again. Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

Ugh, can you hear me screaming?  Today I get an email from Royal for the cruise they cancelled March 22nd with a FCC of $2250 and my husband gets one for $250.  Where the heck do they come up with these figures?  How could we possibly apply those amounts to a future cruise?  And still no mention of the $1620 FCC that I used to book the March 22nd cruise in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Ugh, can you hear me screaming?  Today I get an email from Royal for the cruise they cancelled March 22nd with a FCC of $2250 and my husband gets one for $250.  Where the heck do they come up with these figures?  How could we possibly apply those amounts to a future cruise?  And still no mention of the $1620 FCC that I used to book the March 22nd cruise in the first place. 

Was the $1620 FCC in your husbands name?  That would explain the difference.

fcc’s are based on the cruise fare paid, you would have to look at your invoice  to see if it is correct. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was the $1620 FCC in your husbands name?  That would explain the difference.

fcc’s are based on the cruise fare paid, you would have to look at your invoice  to see if it is correct. 

No, the $1620 was split evenly $810 each. As far as I can tell that’s not even included in this FCC. We had a GS on Anthem so the $1620 didn’t even cover half of the fare. 

Honestly, I don’t know how you can handle being a TA right now. This whole situation is so frustrating for everyone. 

Edited by RosieRoo

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

No, the $1620 was split evenly $810 each. As far as I can tell that’s not even included in this FCC. We had a GS on Anthem so the $1620 didn’t even cover half of the fare. 

The 810 each will be reinstated and would not be part of this.  

Once you have a cruise picked out call and call and they will work with you To redistribute the funds.

it looks like you booked under 60% off the second guest which is why the huge difference. FCC’s are allocated based on cruise fare paid so the first persons higher fare is magnified even more so by the extra 25%

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Once you have a cruise picked out call and call and they will work with you To redistribute the funds.

it looks like you booked under 60% off the second guest which is why the huge difference. FCC’s are allocated based on cruise fare paid so the first persons higher fare is magnified even more so by the extra 25%

I do already have a booking in September out of NY. I was planning on putting as much of the FCC as I could there, but who knows if that cruise will even sail. Then I’ll have the issue of what happens with that $1620 again if they cancel September because it expires in November. It’s enough to make your head spin. 

Edited by RosieRoo

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was told by the RCL resolution department you could not apply 2 FCC for the same person to cover one future cruise for the said person.  If you plan on 2 more cruises that’s ok.. but if only only one cruise is your future.....stuck with an FCC...?

Just now, RosieRoo said:

I do already have a booking in September out of NY. I was planning on putting as much of the OBC as I could there, but who knows if that cruise will even sail. Then I’ll have the issue of what happens with that $1620 again if they cancel September because it expires in November. It’s enough to make you head spin. 

Call on the FCC for the $1620.  I think I mentioned this earlier but I believe that one will have an apply by date. 

Just now, mstayman said:

I was told by the RCL resolution department you could not apply 2 FCC for the same person to cover one future cruise for the said person.  If you plan on 2 more cruises that’s ok.. but if only only one cruise is your future.....stuck with an FCC...?

There was another confirmation today that you could indeed apply two FCC’s to the same person. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There was another confirmation today that you could indeed apply two FCC’s to the same person. 

Unbelievable.  I just gave up and applied for the refund this weekend to avoid “gifting” my daughters 17yo friend an FCC she couldn’t possibly use.  That also was mixed messages when I was told there “was a fee” to change the name...to absolutely “not able to change the name” similar to the airlines.

4 minutes ago, mstayman said:

Unbelievable.  I just gave up and applied for the refund this weekend to avoid “gifting” my daughters 17yo friend an FCC she couldn’t possibly use.  That also was mixed messages when I was told there “was a fee” to change the name...to absolutely “not able to change the name” similar to the airlines.

I can tell you that on existing bookings that have not been cancelled TA’s are allowed to do double name changes (previously not allowed) up to 48 hours prior to sailing for sailings departing prior to Sept. 1, 2020

Name changes on FCC’s are not allowed for those under 70. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can tell you that on existing bookings that have not been cancelled TA’s are allowed to do double name changes (previously not allowed) up to 48 hours prior to sailing for sailings departing prior to Sept. 1, 2020

Name changes on FCC’s are not allowed for those under 70. 

Ugh,You are full of good info today... 😉 

• Like 1

Thanks, that's how mine were.  I know for guest cancelled cruises they were issuing it equally.  I wonder if that has changed

Ours was based on what each guest paid, so 2nd guest FCC was less. When I booked for February 2021 using the FCCs, I was told my balance would include the 2nd guest’s shortfall.
I called back and got someone else. She put me on hold, came back, and said the money was now split evenly.
So it all depends on who your get. Some will go a little farther to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were informed that our Med cruise for April 26 had been cancelled on March 17, I requested a refund of the drinks package I ordered. I got the money back on my CC just 3 days later. Unfortunately, RCL later sent out a mail that you could transfer prepaid amenities to a new cruise as well and they would apply an additional 25% to the original amount as well. Oh well.

We then rebooked to a TA cruise in October 2021, RCL granted us the full discounts we had received for booking the original cruise at the Future Cruise Desk aboard Spectrum last year. Originally, our travel agent told us that there was a $900 deposit to hold our booking until the FCC would be applied but then rechecked with RCL and they told her that as long as there was any amount on the booking, they would hold it. So we just had to put in $50 per person.

Yesterday, we received an e-mail with half of our FCCs, the travel agent is talking to RCL right now when the second half will show up.

Haven't received our port fees and taxes back, but I expct them to refund those in the next few days as well.