Carnival just extended until June 26, 2020

2 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

Likely Royal will follow and be extending their cancellations  😞

Not only that, but Carnival suspended all sailings out of New York until the end of 2020 it seems. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Thanks 2

Just got this off their web site:

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All ships sailings through and including June 26, 2020
  • All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020

It is nice that they go ahead and give you some advance notice. I think Royal could do a little better with providing advance notice. With the 100 day extension, it seems impossible that Royal would be able to do any sailings in May and not resume until late June. I have one booked in July and honestly, I do not think it will sail either. I have until May 5 to cancel before my final payment is due. My guess that they don't want to cancel until everyone has made their final payments so that they can keep the money and issue an FCC instead of refund.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

It is nice that they go ahead and give you some advance notice. I think Royal could do a little better with providing advance notice. With the 100 day extension, it seems impossible that Royal would be able to do any sailings in May and not resume until late June. I have one booked in July and honestly, I do not think it will sail either. I have until May 5 to cancel before my final payment is due. My guess that they don't want to cancel until everyone has made their final payments so that they can keep the money and issue an FCC instead of refund.

I expect that you will see an announcement from Royal in the next 48 hours.  

Not sure why why people are reading interior motives into any cruise line not making an announcement within minutes of another cruise line.  Even within Carnival Corp, Princess is not scheduled to make an announcement until tomorrow.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Carnival had previously canceled our June Legend TA out of New York, so I am not surprised to see this announcement. Waiting to see what Royal will do. 

It would be nice if they decided soon.  I have a September cruise out of NY that I am waiting to apply my FCC (which I still have not received) from my cancelled March sailing. 

27 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Just got this off their web site:

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All ships sailings through and including June 26, 2020
  • All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020

Anyone have any idea why those specific ships aren't sailing until Oct/Nov?

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I expect that you will see an announcement from Royal in the next 48 hours.  

Not sure why why people are reading interior motives into any cruise line not making an announcement within minutes of another cruise line.  Even within Carnival Corp, Princess is not scheduled to make an announcement until tomorrow.

Maybe they will make an announcement in the next few days. It doesn't matter to me personally. I was referring to the probability that Royal won't make a decision about July cruises until mid May so that they can make sure they get all of the final payments. I will make my final payment regardless because I can use the FCC on November or April. However, I know that everyone isn't in the same situation and would need to get the refund instead of making final payment.

3 minutes ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

Maybe they will make an announcement in the next few days. It doesn't matter to me personally. I was referring to the probability that Royal won't make a decision about July cruises until mid May so that they can make sure they get all of the final payments. I will make my final payment regardless because I can use the FCC on November or April. However, I know that everyone isn't in the same situation and would need to get the refund instead of making final payment.

Without making final payment there is no refund to get

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Without making final payment there is no refund to get

Not necessarily- They would get their deposit back if they booked refundable. If I cancelled right now, I would get my $200 deposit back in a refund. If I wait until after final payment, I would get the full cruise amount credited as an FCC as long as I cancelled 48 hours before the cruise. So I was just thinking that some people might choose to get their deposit back instead of having hundreds tied up in an FCC. 

9 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Anyone have any idea why those specific ships aren't sailing until Oct/Nov?

It has to do with ship specific itineraries. The Legend was doing Europe before coming back in the fall. That's not going to happen. The Radiance is an old ship that's getting a major dry dock that's going to be posponed until who knows when.

3 minutes ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

Not necessarily- They would get their deposit back if they booked refundable. If I cancelled right now, I would get my $200 deposit back in a refund. If I wait until after final payment, I would get the full cruise amount credited as an FCC as long as I cancelled 48 hours before the cruise. So I was just thinking that some people might choose to get their deposit back instead of having hundreds tied up in an FCC. 

Agreed 

The problem with all these cancelled cruises and FCCs is some of us don’t just sail on Royal.  I have cruises booked into 2022 with Celebrity, Princess, and Oceania.  If you already have your vacation time planned, you can’t just throw a cruise in somewhere to use up a credit they’re only giving you basically one year to use.  

3 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

The problem with all these cancelled cruises and FCCs is some of us don’t just sail on Royal.  I have cruises booked into 2022 with Celebrity, Princess, and Oceania.  If you already have your vacation time planned, you can’t just throw a cruise in somewhere to use up a credit they’re only giving you basically one year to use.  

Then take the refund. 

54 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Not only that, but Carnival suspended all sailings out of New York until the end of 2020 it seems. 

Where did you see that?

Edited by Jimbo