$150 OBC for Alaska Cruises booked 2020/2021

Kennact

My TA let us know we would get $150 OBC per person for our August 2020 Alaskan cruise since we had our May 2020 Alaskan cruise cancelled, and the OBC is already there! Thanks Princess 🙂 You get this if you rebook for Alaska in 2020/2021. Offer ends May 31st

Edited by Kennact
Add info
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 5:15 PM, memoak said:

The only Alaskan cruises this season are 2 ships round trip out of Seattle. They may or may not sail depending on Canada.  The all stop on Victoria

This also will require the Port of Seattle allowing the cruises. As of this date, the Port is closed indefinitely with no commitment of opening this summer to any cruises. The State of Washington has also not agreed to these sailings. Well.Good luck Princess, you're going to need it...

On 4/15/2020 at 5:10 PM, Kennact said:

My TA let us know we would get $150 OBC per person for our August 2020 Alaskan cruise since we had our May 2020 Alaskan cruise cancelled, and the OBC is already there! Thanks Princess 🙂 You get this if you rebook for Alaska in 2020/2021. Offer ends May 31st

Do you have a source for this you could share? 

We booked a July 2021 Alaska cruise three months ago (January) to replace our just cancelled June 2020 cruise. Wondering if we might qualify for this OBC offer but don't know where to look. 

Thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, nooptere said:

This also will require the Port of Seattle allowing the cruises. As of this date, the Port is closed indefinitely with no commitment of opening this summer to any cruises. The State of Washington has also not agreed to these sailings. Well.Good luck Princess, you're going to need it...

Indefinitely means just that. The restriction could be lifted at any time. 

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Do you have a source for this you could share? 

We booked a July 2021 Alaska cruise three months ago (January) to replace our just cancelled June 2020 cruise. Wondering if we might qualify for this OBC offer but don't know where to look. 

Thanks for the heads up!

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Thanks for the heads up!

I would think not. You cancelled in January, before any of this was going on. However, go back to the original (March) announcement about cancellations. There was to be some benefits to those who cancelled before Princess shutdown, but after the virus became a consideration. You might fall in that category.

10 hours ago, fishin' musician said:

My understanding is that if your Alaska cruise was cancelled you get $150 obc when rebooking any future tour, not just Alaska.

This was in the email we received -  I haven’t tried to rebook anything, so I don’t know if it could apply to another destination.  

Rebook any 2020 or 2021 Alaska cruise or cruisetour by May 31, 2020, and enjoy $150 onboard spending money* for each guest.   

We booked our May 16th cruise out of LA roundtrip to Alaska last year and got $400 OBC and free gratuities.  Right now the cabin fare is higher and the obc is lower for summer of 2021  We are waiting to get our refund and we will book when a better offer comes out.  If not, then we go to cruising in our car around the good old U.S.A.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Rebooked our Princess-cancelled May 2020 B2B Alaska cruise to May 2021 and was able to get the new OBC promo mentioned in the email -- thanks Princess for the additional $300.00.

Did this additional OBC just show up automatically in your cruise personalizer or did you have to contact Princess?

And is it shown in the Payments tab? The same place where FCD, shareholder and other OBCs are listed?

14 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

I would think not. You cancelled in January, before any of this was going on. However, go back to the original (March) announcement about cancellations. There was to be some benefits to those who cancelled before Princess shutdown, but after the virus became a consideration. You might fall in that category.

Not exactly. Guess I could have been clearer. 

Princess cancelled our June 2020 Alaska cruise this week. 

Anticipating the cancellation, we booked a replacement Alaska in January 2020.  The replacement cruise is in July 2021.

I've been searching using all of the search terms I can think of but am still unable to find a link to this offer. Any help would be much appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Did this additional OBC just show up automatically in your cruise personalizer or did you have to contact Princess?

And is it shown in the Payments tab? The same place where FCD, shareholder and other OBCs are listed?

I use a TA.  Called her and told her about the promo mentioned in my email.  She contacted Princess and was able to get it.  The information appeared on the new copy of my invoice from my TA.  I also went into my reservations, selected payments tab and then scrolled down the page for "credits" and that is where I saw the increase in OBC; I already had a military OBC in place.  

If you booked your replacement cruise with Princess I would contact them and ask them about the promo mentioned in the letter -- I don't believe it will automatically appear.  Good luck.

14 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Anticipating the cancellation, we booked a replacement Alaska in January 2020.  The replacement cruise is in July 2021.

I've been searching using all of the search terms I can think of but am still unable to find a link to this offer. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Did you cancel in January? If so, you're out of luck.  "Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022." If you didn't cancel, but just booked the other cruise as a backup, then you should be okay.  

My August cruise to Alaska was cancelled on Tuesday so we rebooked for next year and then got the email last night. My TA was able to add it to the booking. Now I have $300 extra to spend on our cruise in 2021. 

2 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

Did you cancel in January? If so, you're out of luck.  "Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022." If you didn't cancel, but just booked the other cruise as a backup, then you should be okay.  

Agggggg........

"Princess cancelled our June 2020 Alaska cruise this week."

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Agggggg........

"Princess cancelled our June 2020 Alaska cruise this week."

Sorry,

I understood that you cancelled in January, then booked next year's cruise as a replacement. I gather you only booked the "backup" cruise in January, but did not cancel your June 2020 booking. You should get full benefit. Sorry that I couldn't follow. You never said you cancelled in Jan, I just assumed that. Well, we know what that means.

17 hours ago, Bgwest said:

If you had an Alaska cruise cancelled and wan to rebook with the 150 OBC----It shows up when you are in the process of booking a new Alaska cruise  on the included offer page when, and only when,  you are logged into Princess.com. If you try booking the same cruise without logging in, the OBC does not show. There is no separate form to fill out, nor it does not appear anywhere else.

Edited by weedpindle

We had a July cruise tour, 17 days. When Princess cancelled I asked my travel agent to rebook for 2021. We were on the Coral, now the Royal. Same price, we got the $150.00 OBC per person and also received the same perks we had booked with the July 2020 cruise, drinks, gratuities and internet. 

On 4/15/2020 at 5:10 PM, Kennact said:

THANK YOU, Kennact. Emailed my TA yesterday and the $300 showed up in my account today. 

Many, many thanks as we would not have even known about this perk were it not for your post. Hope I can do something to return the favor one day.

• Like 1