Here is what I believe NCL's reopening pricing plan will be, once things get going again

pokerpro5

6 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I would have to also say there is Zero chance that I can get my cruise cheaper than I already have it even after final payment, even 30 prior thanks to the 20%.

Like I have said before. Point A to point A, I would agree. Point A to B to C is another thing.

Zero chance is missing too many parameters overall. Sure I may get a $1500 cruise with 48 hours notice for $500 leaving Copenhagen, but paying $3000 for airfare I could have gotten 2 months earlier for $900 makes the early booking the better deal.

B2B or longer, you risk not getting the same cabin.

Hotel accommodations can be difficult if you don't book well in advance. I have a cruise next year ending December 21st in Capetown next year, we are spending a week or more after, so being Xmas we need to book now.

steve

I don't agree.    This is your dynamic,   but,  it isn't a "zero"  for everyone.   It works for you,  because you are not flexible and you want firm plans in place.    Not everyone does.    My style is opposite.  I've late booked frequently and sorry-  at severe give away rates.    I am extremely flexible and actually delight in the scramble challenge being successful will all the plans.  

There are many opportunities.  and no single track to "follow".    It's naive to think anyone has a crystal ball.   All these "facts"  aren't known until hindsight.   

So,  booking options-  depend on many factors.    Something for everyone.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

I don't agree.    This is your dynamic,   but,  it isn't a "zero"  for everyone.   It works for you,  because you are not flexible and you want firm plans in place.    Not everyone does.    My style is opposite.  I've late booked frequently and sorry-  at severe give away rates.    I am extremely flexible and actually delight in the scramble challenge being successful will all the plans.  

There are many opportunities.  and no single track to "follow".    It's naive to think anyone has a crystal ball.   All these "facts"  aren't known until hindsight.   

Budget Queen,

Right different strokes for differed folks.

We don't repeat cruises, unless it is a TransAtlantic or TransPacific.  We have done the Caribbean and won't do it again.  We like to do a substantial land trip, usually on our own prior to a cruise.  All this requires planning, not just air fare, but lodging, tours, etc.

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

I agree with you, it isn't a zero for everyone is my point.

The OP in his statements are not correct, and as you stated, booking options depend on many factors. As a gambling man he is basing his statements on conditional probability outcomes. He is correct like I keep stating when it comes to point A to Point A cruises, as it can be seen how the rates behave on prior cruises and the outcomes are usually similar.

Not knowing how a once off Point A to point B to Point C cruises are going to price or fill is an unknown as it does not keep happening.

Steve

40 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Right different strokes for differed folks.

We don't repeat cruises, unless it is a TransAtlantic or TransPacific.  We have done the Caribbean and won't do it again.  We like to do a substantial land trip, usually on our own prior to a cruise.  All this requires planning, not just air fare, but lodging, tours, etc.

We travel like you do.  We don't repeat destinations and don't like the Caribbean.  We try to sandwich a cruise between two land journeys.  This necessitates extensive planning. We're not returning (big world and not young!) so we take whatever time is necessary (we're retired) to see everything that interests us.  This is another way of getting maximum "bang for buck" out of our airfare.   I've been using the present travel hiatus to do the advance research and draw up detailed itineraries including hotel and activity choices.  By researching several trips in advance while stuck at home I will be ready to pounce and book everything quickly if I spot a good deal.  I won't get a rock bottom cruise fare since cruises from our home port rarely interest us but I enjoy doing the research and it will help me get good deals while still travelling the way we prefer. The biggest waste of money to my mind is a trip or destination you did not enjoy.  Advance research goes a very long way towards preventing that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The "trigger" for a last minute deal is solely based on stateroom occupancy.  The greater flexibility you have with time off, itineraries, stateroom type, etc, the higher the odds you'll find a deeply discounted "sail away deal".

Correct-   I've been extremely successful with this booking style.    Suited my travel priorities, extremely well the past few years.   Incredible rock bottom prices to enjoy.  🙂   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

We travel like you do.  We don't repeat destinations and don't like the Caribbean.  We try to sandwich a cruise between two land journeys.  This necessitates extensive planning. We're not returning (big world and not young!) so we take whatever time is necessary (we're retired) to see everything that interests us.  This is another way of getting maximum "bang for buck" out of our airfare.   I've been using the present travel hiatus to do the advance research and draw up detailed itineraries including hotel and activity choices.  By researching several trips in advance while stuck at home I will be ready to pounce and book everything quickly if I spot a good deal.  I won't get a rock bottom cruise fare since cruises from our home port rarely interest us but I enjoy doing the research and it will help me get good deals while still travelling the way we prefer. The biggest waste of money to my mind is a trip or destination you did not enjoy.  Advance research goes a very long way towards preventing that.

And the more you establish a travel style,  the better you get at it.   🙂    I repeat all the time,  but I also travel at least 3/4 of the year.    I find it a lot of fun to have the challenge of putting together a last minute trip.   It's not difficult for me.   🙂     

As I mentioned,   there is no right or wrong,  and certainly something for everyone.    ONLY thing that matters is to be true to yourself.    🙂  

No sure why the Caribbean keeps being mentioned?   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Correct-   I've been extremely successful with this booking style.    Suited my travel priorities, extremely well the past few years.   Incredible rock bottom prices to enjoy.  🙂   

Outstanding!  And what I was getting at earlier in this thread, there are some people who book a year or more in advance and do not give it a second thought.  Then there are those passengers I've met on cruises where they book far in advance yet complain about the deeply discounted sailaway deal.  As I tell them, communicate with your employer to determine if you have options.  As stated, its never guaranteed, yet put yourself in the best position.  Asking "can I book a last minute cruise?" isn't the best pitch yet it could work in some situations.  Some strategies:

1)  "I was planning on taking a week off the second week of January, yet if no one else requests the week before or after off, is it a big deal to change my time off by a week on short notice assuming there isn't work issues?"

2)  "Can I request time off in advance and cancel that time off on short notice?"

I agree with you, OP. My friend was saying, oh I’m sure there are going to be tons of good deals for next year. I told her not as long as all those unspent FCCs are out there!! There’s just no incentive for cruise lines to offer rock bottom rates while FCCs are being used. My only hope is that the remaining staterooms on each cruise will be offered at great rates, but like you said, that’s likely close to the sailing date.

33 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I agree with you, OP. My friend was saying, oh I’m sure there are going to be tons of good deals for next year. I told her not as long as all those unspent FCCs are out there!! There’s just no incentive for cruise lines to offer rock bottom rates while FCCs are being used. My only hope is that the remaining staterooms on each cruise will be offered at great rates, but like you said, that’s likely close to the sailing date.

I think for those paying cash maybe on an inside room for point A to A cruises. Lets not forget that extra 20% right now and

the bidding sites that offer cruises.

I know if I was in charge of pricing, I would never sell them at give away prices because people may have thousands of dollars worth of FCC. I would put them out to the auction sites and let them go there as no FCC would be able to be used.

We also have the bidding that NCL has for its own upgrades. They take your Credit card if accepted, not your FCC.

Lastly, I assume that last minute pricing does not include perks, just the sail away pricing.

When I look at the grand scheme here, I see 45% off because of the extra 20% booking by May ?? bonus and the extra 25% of FCC

I am going to book another cruise for July 1st just to get another 25% FCC bonus if it don't sail, otherwise I will sail.

Steve

4 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I think for those paying cash maybe on an inside room for point A to A cruises. Lets not forget that extra 20% right now and

the bidding sites that offer cruises.

I know if I was in charge of pricing, I would never sell them at give away prices because people may have thousands of dollars worth of FCC. I would put them out to the auction sites and let them go there as no FCC would be able to be used.

We also have the bidding that NCL has for its own upgrades. They take your Credit card if accepted, not your FCC.

Lastly, I assume that last minute pricing does not include perks, just the sail away pricing.

When I look at the grand scheme here, I see 45% off because of the extra 20% booking by May ?? bonus and the extra 25% of FCC

I am going to book another cruise for July 1st just to get another 25% FCC bonus if it don't sail, otherwise I will sail.

Steve

In the past I’ve cruised at least monthly.    I did have 3 cruises - that are now with FCC.   My concern with stockpiles of FCC (and tying up CN,  I don’t stockpile them either).  Is the expiration dates and the continuing delay of ships sailing.   I’m very picky with itinerary and don’t want to waste my time and money on a lackluster cruise.   

7 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You can pay for the perks a la carte, you can save hundreds if not several thousands on sail way pricing if the stateroom category occupancy is low

13 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

.  Is the expiration dates and the continuing delay of ships sailing.   I’m very picky with itinerary and don’t want to waste my time and money on a lackluster cruise.   

I fully agree with you on both accounts.

I guess if things keep getting delayed, they may need to extend the 12/2022 date.  I have 6 paid in full using FCC for next year.

With the recent cancellations, I have 1 with FCC canceled now and another paid with cash.

I am waiting to see what they are going to do with the FCC canceled one.

I wonder if they are going to bonus the 25% on it?  The 1st answer would be no, but look at it from a legal standpoint....

When my prior cruise was cancelled, I agreed to take 125% FCC instead of a refund and the terms were they must be used by 12/2022.  I did use it! They canceled, so I now believe they must give me a new bonus or the option for a refund otherwise they broke the terms and conditions of my acceptance of the FCC.

We will see shortly

Steve

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You can pay for the perks a la carte, you can save hundreds if not several thousands on sail way pricing if the stateroom category occupancy is low

I drink way too much to not get the booze perk.  what is it $89 a day pp? That could cost more than the cruise.  I actually had that happen with an MSC cruise.

Plus I want a Balcony.

Steve