Just got off the phone with RCCL, here's some info

From my own personal experience, BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE.  I canceled my April 26 cruise proactively on March 13 before the first official suspensions.  They told me 7-10 days for my FCC.  It's now approaching 45 days since then.  When I asked about it the CSR said "wow, that is a long time" and after speaking with his "supervisors" said their backend JUST processed my canceled cruise TODAY, so I will see the FCC in 10 days, on April 30.  Weird coincidence?  Or are the "forgetting" to process FCC to buy themselves time until customers actually call?  Hard to say, but it's suspicious.

Secondly, he said that cruises that were included in the May suspensions will not be issued FCC until May 22, regardless of when they are requested.

Thirdly, if you have an upcoming pay in full date around the corner with just a deposit and wish to cancel it under the CWC policy those FCC are issued within 5 business days of the request.

I spent 1 hr 15 minutes on the phone, mostly on hold, and then the call died.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

3 minutes ago, ljmandelbaum said:

How do you know when the FCC is issues?  We canceled a cruise on april 3rd before the paid in full date.  No FCC as far as I know.  

YOu should call.  It appears there is massive lack of organization with everyone's money and vouchers at RCCL

Ugh.  My cruise was paid off, before final date, and I cancelled it one month before final date, and I still have no refund.  We opted to refund because 1...it was a lot of $$$. 2...I'm out of work because of all this.  3...we will cruise again, but with the way the world is, who knows when we might be able to cruise again.  I had heard it could take up to 30 days.  Guess it's time to get on the phone myself. Thanks for sharing your result.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

YOu should call.  It appears there is massive lack of organization with everyone's money and vouchers at RCCL

Since it is only a $200 FCC, I'll wait patiently.   But I figure at some point I'll call Royal about refund from the canceled Alaska cruise.  I filled out the form on Royal's website to get our money back, on March 24 when it was announced it was canceled.  On thursday we got an email from Costco travel so on Friday called Costco travel about the canceled cruise.  No clue when we will see the refund.  

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Call back. You'll get a different answer from a different call center person. 

Great. Just what I like doing, sitting on hold for hours getting different stories from different people until my head explodes.

16 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

Thirdly, if you have an upcoming pay in full date around the corner with just a deposit and wish to cancel it under the CWC policy those FCC are issued within 5 business days of the request.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

Don't believe that's what most are reporting here.

All of that makes sense, the CSR will tell you anything to get you off the phone and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

Great. Just what I like doing, sitting on hold for hours getting different stories from different people until my head explodes.

Your choice. Don't shoot the messenger. Nothing new when calling RCs call center. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy

Our final payment is not due for 11/01/2020 TA till mid July..who knows if this cruise is going to sail or not...if we cancel now we will receive our refundable deposit from RCCL correct?

we have Air2sea non - refundable and saw that others were told call the airlines even though we paid directly to RCCL...when they called the airlines they were told that we do not have any of your credit card info...that is all with RCCL and they must be called 

so run around continues...also travel insurance is not covered because of pandemic status ..

has anyone else heard this ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pema said:

Our final payment is not due for 11/01/2020 TA till mid July..who knows if this cruise is going to sail or not...if we cancel now we will receive our refundable deposit from RCCL correct?

we have Air2sea non - refundable and saw that others were told call the airlines even though we paid directly to RCCL...when they called the airlines they were told that we do not have any of your credit card info...that is all with RCCL and they must be called 

so run around continues...also travel insurance is not covered because of pandemic status ..

It sounds like there is no consistency at RCCL, no accountability at RCCL, and they will tell you anything whether it's accurate or not.  What a great company.  I'm really looking forward to sailing with them after all this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pema said:

Thank you ..will canceling of cruise now  affect our Air2sea refund if there is a chance we could get a refund from RCCL?

There's a chance refund rules could change in a few months if your sailing is cancelled by Royal, but no way would I wait for that (plus you'd have to make final payment too).

9 minutes ago, pema said:

Thank you ..will canceling of cruise now  affect our Air2sea refund if there is a chance we could get a refund from RCCL?

Since you booked non refundable air you will get what the airlines are offering as far as cancellation penalties.  Royal cancelling the cruise won’t make a difference. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

All of that makes sense, the CSR will tell you anything to get you off the phone and move on.

1 hour ago, adidas5676 said:

It sounds like there is no consistency at RCCL, no accountability at RCCL, and they will tell you anything whether it's accurate or not.  What a great company.  I'm really looking forward to sailing with them after all this.

They are in deep s**t. Everything they are doing now is to survive. At this unbelievably rare and very split second in time, they are not accountable to us... they are accountable to their shareholders.

Re the second comment, it hasn't been quoted lately, however the following quote has been for years extremely well known by many of us here on CC:

RCI = "Really Consistently Inconsistent"

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:42 PM, pema said:

We were scheduled to fly to Copenhagen in early June on Lufthansa and then fly back on Air Canada, booked via Air2Sea. Non-refundable tickets. Air Canada cancelled one of our flights and sent an email saying if the replacement flight wasn't acceptable we could cancel. I called and they said Yes, you can cancel for a refund BUT the res is actually on Lufthansa so you have to call them.  Called Lufthansa and again verified that we qualified for a refund BUT they said I had to call RC because I booked it through them. Called RC, same thing. Yes, we qualify for a refund.  That was about six weeks ago. Still waiting for the refund but after calling RC the booking disappeared from the Lufthansa web site.  I guess that is progress ha.

If any of your flights are cancelled or rescheduled giving you a lengthy layover, you are eligible for a cash refund. 

kathy

• Like 1