Coco Cay Beach Club Excursion

Hello all,

Haven't been on this site in quite awhile and looking for advice.  We have not been to Coco since it was completely redone and I'm wondering if you feel the coco beach club all day pass is worth it or not?  Are there other relaxing beach areas without lots of children running around?  We are not opposed to kids, just looking for a more adult relaxing location.

1 hour ago, jletsgo said:

Hello all,

Haven't been on this site in quite awhile and looking for advice.  We have not been to Coco since it was completely redone and I'm wondering if you feel the coco beach club all day pass is worth it or not?  Are there other relaxing beach areas without lots of children running around?  We are not opposed to kids, just looking for a more adult relaxing location.

We were there on harmony in February, and at $65/pp it was barely worth the cost. I would not pay much more than that, however. 

Coco Beach Club is NOT exclusively for adults.   All beach areas may have children present.  The time of year has major impact on the number of children on a ship, and at Coco Cay.  

We've not purchased the club access but  we find the beaches to be much quieter than the lagoon or pool areas.  

enjoy 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Coco Beach Club is NOT exclusively for adults.   All beach areas may have children present.  The time of year has major impact on the number of children on a ship, and at Coco Cay.  

We've not purchased the club access but  we find the beaches to be much quieter than the lagoon or pool areas.  
enjoy 

M

So, if I read you right, I can go to South Beach, for example, for no additional fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 minutes ago, SimGuy said:

So, if I read you right, I can go to South Beach, for example, for no additional fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, but if you want quiet, the chill island beach (closest to the pier) is the quietest. The new section of South Beach (to the right of the Coco Beach Club) should also be quiet, although it is quite a hike from the pier.

We paid $70 for the Beach Club in February and thought it worth the cost.  Very few children, and we were on Allure, so there were lots of kids on board.  However, we were on Harmony in March and they wanted $199 per person.

Didn't feel it was worth that much, so just went to another area.  It was a windy day, so the umbrellas had to stay closed.  We were in CoCO Cay in August, went to the pool, and enjoyed that, again, no cost.

I felt it was worth the $70, but wouldn't pay more than that for it.  Lovely, relaxing area, but depending on the tide, the beach is not great.  When the tide goes out there are mud flats for a long distance, and if you have a cabana in that area you couldn't use the slide as there was mud at the bottom when exiting the slide.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, negc said:

We paid $70 for the Beach Club in February and thought it worth the cost.  Very few children, and we were on Allure, so there were lots of kids on board.  However, we were on Harmony in March and they wanted $199 per person.

Didn't feel it was worth that much, so just went to another area.  It was a windy day, so the umbrellas had to stay closed.  We were in CoCO Cay in August, went to the pool, and enjoyed that, again, no cost.

I felt it was worth the $70, but wouldn't pay more than that for it.  Lovely, relaxing area, but depending on the tide, the beach is not great.  When the tide goes out there are mud flats for a long distance, and if you have a cabana in that area you couldn't use the slide as there was mud at the bottom when exiting the slide.

We have the club booked for 2 cruises, paid $68.99. Will see how we like the first one & can always cancel second. They are B2B cruises. How was the food at the restaurant?We ate a few times at the Shake Shack & thought that it was quite good. Not liking the mud flats though. Been to Coco Cay a few times & did notice them at some parts of beaches when I walked. 

34 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

We have the club booked for 2 cruises, paid $68.99. Will see how we like the first one & can always cancel second. They are B2B cruises. How was the food at the restaurant?We ate a few times at the Shake Shack & thought that it was quite good. Not liking the mud flats though. Been to Coco Cay a few times & did notice them at some parts of beaches when I walked. 

We thought that the food at the club was excellent. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the responses.....since we are not doing any other excursions on this trip as we are labeling it our "relaxation" cruise, I may just book the beach club...my husband is a seafood lover and I have heard the food is quite excellent.

I cannot wait to check this out.   I had purchased for my DH's BD cruise end of march that was cancelled.    I think I paid something like $50 or $55 on a special sale day.     I never did tell him what he missed out on as missing the cruise for this birthday was always disappointing.     Someday in the future....

• Like 1

Really liked the food at the beach club.  Had the lobster tail and it was very good, dessert was excellent.  You get to visit the salad bar, but they bring your entree to your table.

• Like 1