Kids and drinking package

sebas030

Good afternoon,

I am planning my kids first cruise. My 2 kids will be 11 and 14 at date of sailing.

The promo includes the drinking package for the first 2 guests. Of couse I get it but will my 14 years old get the package ? ( obviously no alcohol for him ) but virgin drinks and soda...

There is a $550 difference in the cruise with or without the "free" drinking package.

Thank you in advance,

I believe that of one of the first two passengers is under 21 they will get the soda package. Would include sodas but not virgin drinks. For $550 I would probably take the lower price and pay as you go.

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You will be charged the gratuities for one adult and one soda package (if your kid is Passenger 2). 

What bird says is correct.   If you are booking online, the corrected gratuity for the child as passenger 2 with the soda package will show up once you enter their DOB on the reservation.  I think the soda pkg grats are $13.98 for a 7d cruise. 

• Like 1

My kids are 10 and 12. They have never had a drink package on NCL. As long as your tipping a couple dollars they would happily give my girls as many froZen virgin drinks that they wanted without question. A couple dollars cash goes a long way. We did 15 days on the Bliss last year to the Panama Canal and they were never charged. My kids do NOT drink soda however .... 

18 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

As long as your tipping a couple dollars they would happily give my girls as many froZen virgin drinks that they wanted without question. A couple dollars cash goes a long way.

Yes, a bartender could do that or a bartender could also say "...sorry, rules are rules..." and not give away anything. 

Hope for the best (bartender willing to give to the kids) but prepare for the worst (paying for what the kid drinks that isn't covered).

The older kid in the OP's case would have the Soda Program which is normally $7.95pppd + 20% but the promo would cover the $7.95pppd. The younger kids gets nothing. To keep everyone happy and to not have to worry about the generosity of the bartenders, it's best to buy the Soda Program @ $5.95pppd + 20% for the younger kid and get the promo for the older kid. 

• Like 1