Lift and Shift needs some flexibility if no exactly matching next year cruise cruise

Well, the Lift and Shift is a great idea. 

But we are booked on the 13 day Baltic cruise July 26, 2020 the only cruise similar to this 13 day cruise is an 11 day cruise starting on July 25, 2021 with pretty much the same itenerary. 

Both cruises do 3 days in St. Petersburg.  The reason to book the cruise and 3 days in St Petersburg is only offered on one sailing. 

Checked with my travel agent and she checked with Royal and they said since the 2021 cruise is only a 11 day cruise and not 13 we can't do the Lift and Shift

.......what the heck... it is a shorter cruise!!!

And Royal does not offer a 13 day cruise next year on this itinerary.

Royal needs to consider flexibility when they don't have an exact matching cruise

1 hour ago, SandiLynn said:

I am sorry to ask but what is Lift and Shift ?

It is a new policy issued by Royal Caribbean yesterday.  Nice if you can comply with all the stipulations.  

"

Royal Caribbean announced "Lift & Shift", where guests can move their existing booking to next year, protecting their original price and promotion. 

Lift & Shift is available by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.  It is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class.

Guests are eligible to rebook under the Lift & Shift guidelines between now and August 1, 2020. After this point, Lift & Shift expires and is no longer eligible.

All pre-cruise purchases will be removed during the re-accommodation process and can be added to the future reservation, as desired, at prevailing rates. 

You can opt to Lift & Shift only one time.

Just now, dccruisin said:

It is a new policy issued by Royal Caribbean yesterday.  Nice if you can comply with all the stipulations.  

"

Royal Caribbean announced "Lift & Shift", where guests can move their existing booking to next year, protecting their original price and promotion. 

Lift & Shift is available by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.  It is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class.

Guests are eligible to rebook under the Lift & Shift guidelines between now and August 1, 2020. After this point, Lift & Shift expires and is no longer eligible.

All pre-cruise purchases will be removed during the re-accommodation process and can be added to the future reservation, as desired, at prevailing rates. 

You can opt to Lift & Shift only one time.

This is something me and wife were waiting for. We had to cancel our previous cruise just in case of a lock-down. We were lucky to do so but if such measures that you listed could be aplied back in January, we would definitely move our cruise to another date and not bother filing refund requests..  

It's an addition to the Cruise with Confidence Policy. Lift and Shift”: For ease and as close as 48 hours prior to sailing, travelers have the option to simply “lift and shift” their cruise to the same itinerary departing on a future date. The original price and promotional offer on the reservation will be protected, along with the length of the cruise and stateroom category.

we are in the exact situation - 

Oasis out of FLL booked April 2021 - want to move to April 2022, but Oasis doesn't have any sailings out of FLL, and none match our original itinerary.

We had an Oasis Western Caribbean booked for December 2020 and have moved it to Harmony, also on Western Caribbean in December 2021.  Royal had no problem with this trade - but the April one isn't possible apparently.  Fighting this one tooth and nail.

I'm not sure why we can do it with one and not the other.

Is this "original proce" what you paid when you actually booked or dies the price reflect any "lower pricing" or upgraded

Example...originally booked a guarantee neighborhood balcony, have since switched to a junior suite guarantee, so should the "original price"  be on balcony or junior suite if I were to switch

TIA

Omg I rebooked our June med to next year a few weeks ago .... same everything except ship... was Allure now will be Harmony.  The price was a substantial increase...I will see if I can get this Lift and Shift to get my orig price!!  Brilliant!! 

If the price is near the same, then cancel, get an full FCC for what you've paid so far, and then book the new one.  You have to put a new deposit down on the new cruise, but once you get the FCC, you've got your original deposit on the old cruise to use for the new one, too.  You're going to pay out that extra deposit money, anyway. 

I wanted to Lift and Shift yesterday, but the cruises didn't exactly match up, either.  So, I did what I described above.  I got my cruise cancelled with a NRD fully reimbursed, and got my new cruise booked with a refundable deposit.  This way I can take advantage of price drops, if any.

I say take advantage of getting the whole deposit back on the cruise you don't want.

1 hour ago, Djsmrs said:

Oasis out of FLL booked April 2021 - want to move to April 2022, but Oasis doesn't have any sailings out of FLL, and none match our original itinerary.

We had an Oasis Western Caribbean booked for December 2020 and have moved it to Harmony, also on Western Caribbean in December 2021.  Royal had no problem with this trade - but the April one isn't possible apparently.  Fighting this one tooth and nail.

Update:

A couple things to address comments above - 

Our December 2020  cruise that we moved from Oasis to Harmony in Dec 2021 (still W. Caribbean, but different ports) was SIGNIFICANTLY more.  We have a star loft suite booked, and I'm guessing the price on Harmony was double.  It was moved - no problem at all.  Also sails out of a different originating port.   I would argue that price is not the issue.  We could have booked on Symphony - and that was even more expensive than Harmony, but dates didn't work for us.

Just had an update from my TA - he escalated to his rep who spoke with Miami and despite being told there was nothing comparable in April 2022 vs April 2021 - turns out that the stock hadn't yet been released for the Lift n Shift.  We are now waiting to hear back from Miami - but I anticipate we will be moving from Oasis 2021 to Symphony 2022 (most similar dates and ports of call).  We have a 2BR aquatheatre suite booked with friends for my DH's 50th bday - so we jumped on getting this done as we have a small travel window in April with our friends as we all have kids.

Hopefully Miami will move the booking - can't see why they wouldn't as the move fits exactly within the parameters of the Lift and Shift policy.  Same class of ship, same itinerary (Eastern Caribbean - with most similar ports of call we could find), same length.  Fingers are crossed.

1 minute ago, Kokomo91165 said:

If I have a NRD deposit, can I cancel that for a FCC?  Possible cash refund?

The NRD is not refundable, but you get it in FULL as an FCC.  This saves you the change/cancellation fee you would normally have to pay.  For us, it was $200.

40 minutes ago, Zendeck said:

Omg I rebooked our June med to next year a few weeks ago .... same everything except ship... was Allure now will be Harmony.  The price was a substantial increase...I will see if I can get this Lift and Shift to get my orig price!!  Brilliant!! 

SOL I bet

1 hour ago, Djsmrs said:

Their FAQ says this:

SCENARIOS
Different Ship:

If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my
client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

Explorer leaves from Rome, Harmony from Barcelona. Totally different itineraries too. I think your cruise should be covered. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Wonder what happens if I book a 7 day cheap cruise on the empress or something for next month, then ask them to move it to Symphony next year

Going to see your picture in the Post Office for sure......................

13 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

With a nice mask tan to boot!

Good thing you would be making this booking on the phone, don't think I could even call in this booking with a mask on without LFAO..........the agent on the phone is thinking what is this guy freaking nuts booking a cruise for next month?  LOL

Pretty soon it's going to be like just calling up RCL and just telling them what ship and itinerary you want and you telling them the price you are going to pay and they wil just say Okay Sir you got it, Confirmation on the way..................Would be so much easier and wouldn't tie up the phones all day.........

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, pcur said:

If the price is near the same, then cancel, get an full FCC for what you've paid so far, and then book the new one.  You have to put a new deposit down on the new cruise, but once you get the FCC, you've got your original deposit on the old cruise to use for the new one, too.  You're going to pay out that extra deposit money, anyway. 

I wanted to Lift and Shift yesterday, but the cruises didn't exactly match up, either.  So, I did what I described above.  I got my cruise cancelled with a NRD fully reimbursed, and got my new cruise booked with a refundable deposit.  This way I can take advantage of price drops, if any.

I say take advantage of getting the whole deposit back on the cruise you don't want.

The problem is the new cruise is priced $2,000 more (for 2 people) than the current rate we have.   That is a hearty increase.