Mail?

Redtravel

Live in suburb of Milwaukee. Two brochures from Oceania today. Offers some September cruises in Europe.  We had planned to go to France in October, but dropped the plans when the second airline we booked with cancelled the flight we booked.  We'll try again next year.  When I went to see what flights were available from the US to Europe, there were slim pickings from Chicago O'Hare and the flight arrangements were unattractive.

As for the postal service, my sister in law is a USPS carrier in the CIty of Milwaukee.  She says the USPS makes money on the parcel service that they carry out for Amazon.  Nothing else. The current administration would like to deep six the postal service altogether, and may do so by budget cuts.  So that would mean the end of any first class mail service, and parcels would go to the other commercial carriers, at higher prices.  Perhaps a private firm would do some first class mail service but it would only make sense from a  profit standpoint to do that in major urban areas.  Not the last mile delivery that USPS currently has as a mandate.   

• Like 1

We got or first Oceania brochure in the mail yesterday after a couple of months. The first cruises being advertised were August, 2020. We are holding off cruising until next April when we have a trip scheduled on Silver Seas to the Galápagos Islands. Our next O cruise in March, 2022 with final payment due in September 2021. We just have to watch and see how things go as everything starts opening back up. Stay safe everyone.

36 minutes ago, kathy9 said:

We got or first Oceania brochure in the mail yesterday after a couple of months. The first cruises being advertised were August, 2020. We are holding off cruising until next April when we have a trip scheduled on Silver Seas to the Galápagos Islands. Our next O cruise in March, 2022 with final payment due in September 2021. We just have to watch and see how things go as everything starts opening back up. Stay safe everyone.

It has been a while since we got any brochure from Oceania.  Miss them.   Pretty pictures.  Hope they start coming again soon.

13 hours ago, Mura said:

I've been getting them for quite a while.  They never seemed to stop.  They are just about the ONLY mail we are getting, however.

We had a two-month hiatus until we received two this week.  I always enjoy perusing them although I certainly will not be cruising in 2020 again.  I just am so very grateful we were able to cruise in late February on Riviera; those wonderful memories will have to sustain me for now.

50 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

We had a two-month hiatus until we received two this week.  I always enjoy perusing them although I certainly will not be cruising in 2020 again.  I just am so very grateful we were able to cruise in late February on Riviera; those wonderful memories will have to sustain me for now.

We got two also and they went straight to the recycle bin.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, ORV said:

2 Brochures from Oceania today. They must be making up for lost time. I do agree that it's bad form to be sending these out while still having huge waits and backlogs of refunds to process. 

Would you have the same opinion if your family business was Printing?

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Maybe.  Would depend on weather or not we were getting paid for what we have printed for them in the past few months.  Don't know but probably not paying their bills any faster than they are sending refunds to people they owe.  And most likely much slower.

2 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Don't really get the point of your question but I'd feel the same. I don't see what one has to do with the other.