Please clarify - Cruises now canceled through July 31

Unless I have misunderstood, it sounds that ONLY a FCC will be offered with this new announcement - NOT an option for a full refund even if Royal cancels the cruise - not the passenger.   I was debating which I prefer, and now it seems there IS no choice?  Thanks for your help!

17 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

I was debating which I prefer, and now it seems there IS no choice?

Three choices:

125% FCC - this is the default is you don't do anything.

Full refund.

Lift and Shift.

• Like 2

Thanks for clearing that up - if you go back and read the information listed by Royal - it gives all the information about FCC - it does not mention refund unless you hit the blue words saying "read more" then it says IF Royal cancels then you can opt for a full refund - thanks (I did not see that when I first read the information - )

It sounded like they were all finished telling us to get the FCC.  ONLY if you clicked read more - did it mention you could still ask for a refund IF the cruise line cancelled.  Maybe this was my fault (it was) or was this a way to get more people to accept a FCC?  Matters not - all is fair - I think they are trying to be as fair to all of us as possible.  After all, they DO want our business back.  And they know we addicts (cruise addicts) want to get back eventually when all is safe.  Smooth sailing to all. Stay healthy.

All of the cruise line websites make it difficult to find out how to get a refund to discourage people from requesting one. They also word it so you think you will lose money if you request a refund with phrases such as “you can choose the lesser amount for a refund...”. You get 100% of what you paid, but it is less than the 125% FCC amount. I have seen several discussions where people thought they would lose money if they requested a refund and decided to take the future cruise credit instead

I also was confused when I saw the initial mailing go out yesterday.  You really needed to dig into the email/website to find out how to get a refund rather than the FCC.  They certainly did not make it easy. 

I still get the feeling I am going to have to pay for my November TA in full when payment is due in August then get my refund.  Unless they announce an Eastbound TA there is no way the ship can travel Westbound in November.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, fredflint said:

I still get the feeling I am going to have to pay for my November TA in full when payment is due in August then get my refund.  Unless they announce an Eastbound TA there is no way the ship can travel Westbound in November.

There certainly WILL NOT be an Eastbound TA I can guarantee you that. A cruise line would never risk starting back cruises with a two week cruise, six days on the Ocean. Not going to happen.