All Cruises Thru Aug Canceled?

MsTabbyKats

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What was there to misinterpret? It couldn’t have been written any clearer.  

Yeah...it could have:

Instead of a long list of what's not sailing...they could have written a short list of cruises still scheduled to sail.

22 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Unless I'm misreading, it looks like all cruises thru August are canceled.

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • All Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings through and including October 6, 2020
  • Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020
  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including September 17, 2020
  • All Other Ships sailings through and including August 31, 2020

Read the whole thing first before jumping to conclusions 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree.  Grammar might not be the OP’s strong point, but I don’t think she did anything malicious. If anything, she just made herself look bad. 

Please don't insult my intelligence, it makes you look bad.  My reading comprehension is perfectly fine.

I admitted I made a mistake.  As I said...in 2 earlier posts...instead of wasting my time reading thru a long list of cancellations they could have written a much shorter list of "what they think" will sail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree.  Grammar might not be the OP’s strong point, but I don’t think she did anything malicious. If anything, she just made herself look bad. 

I found the Carnival posting a little hard to decipher.

7 hours ago, mjktg99 said:

I hope to see you there! We are on the 8/15 Breeze sailing also.

Hope to see you on that sailing too.  We are on 8/15 Breeze (moved from 4/18).  Hope it will be a go with good weather.

@MsTabbyKats Our experiences with this pandemic have been different and it's hard to relate to another's situation.  I am in South Carolina  with a smattering of deaths where you, in NYC have more than your fair share. Please know I am in your corner, wanting you and my favorite city to be well and productive, like I know you do as well.  Online threads can get testy, but I know we all want the same goal. Stay safe.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

About a week ago I noticed that August and September months have been grayed out and some other cruises in October were disappearing.  Also someone else said her flight through Carnival was canceled..   That was a huge red flag, and some people have been saying the cruises were "sold out" to limited Cap.

23 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

MsTabbyKats - reality proved you 100 percent right.

I'm sure the "optimists" will shortly be posting acknowledgements of that truth & apologies for their weeks of surly, high-handed - and wrong - posts to the contrary. 😉

Thank you for your posts.

I don't want to get into "a thing" again and I don't want this post deleted, but in my opinion the biggest handicap to cruises starting up again....and I've said it before....is elevators.  I asked people to give suggestions...and nobody on this board came up with anything except take the stairs.  I doubt the majority of people on a Carnival cruise could make it up multiple flights.

And, think of embarkation/disembarkation day...when everyone has their carry-ons.

They can clean, they can hand out masks, they can ask people to social distance in the theatre, they can end the buffet....but they can't vertically transport people in a timely fashion if elevators are limited to 1 person/family per car even if the ship is only 50% full.

I hope a vaccine or drug to limit the effects of covid is developed soon.  But, if not, cruising in the future will be very different.  Someone said "short booze cruises" or "once in a lifetime cruises".  I see smaller ships and more sq ft per passenger; higher prices but reasonable for the product.

I'm just as anxious as anyone here to get on a ship again; I should have been on one this week.

Anyway....these aren't facts, just my opinion.  Anyone can agree or disagree....but I am entitled to an opinion.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I don't want to get into "a thing" again and I don't want this post deleted, but in my opinion the biggest handicap to cruises starting up again....and I've said it before....is elevators.  I asked people to give suggestions...and nobody on this board came up with anything except take the stairs.

I remember reading on some thread about one cruise line/ship having elevators that would be pre-set to go in-between specific floors so no touching. You had to make sure the elevator you were getting on was going to the floor you wanted (not sure if the elevator would be on a schedule or dedicated to one set of floors). This would help with the touching but not with the distancing I guess. They could put a limit on the # of persons on the elevators unless you were all part of the same party (if you are dining together then you should be able to be on the elevator together).

I do think they would need to rely on folks that don't have problems with the stairs to not take the elevators (which I am happy to do). They could prevent elevators from stopping at certain areas during debarkation when it is not their time so folks wouldn't use elevators except at their designated time. They would need to be more strict and go by room sections vs. just a whole deck and would need staff to help enforce. If you take the stairs you could have more flexibility on time which might lessen the number on elevators overall. Not perfect but think that would help.

1 minute ago, HxFx said:

I remember reading on some thread about one cruise line/ship having elevators that would be pre-set to go in-between specific floors so no touching. You had to make sure the elevator you were getting on was going to the floor you wanted (not sure if the elevator would be on a schedule or dedicated to one set of floors). This would help with the touching but not with the distancing I guess. They could put a limit on the # of persons on the elevators unless you were all part of the same party (if you are dining together then you should be able to be on the elevator together).

I do think they would need to rely on folks that don't have problems with the stairs to not take the elevators (which I am happy to do). They could prevent elevators from stopping at certain areas during debarkation when it is not their time so folks wouldn't use elevators except at their designated time. They would need to be more strict and go by room sections vs. just a whole deck and would need staff to help enforce. If you take the stairs you could have more flexibility on time which might lessen the number on elevators overall. Not perfect but think that would help.

They had the "touch buttons" on the CCL Horizon.

Thanks for trying "a plan" but it would be chaos.  The "whole deck" can't go together....only people who live under the same roof can (although the elevator monitor wouldn't know..lol). You may take the stairs....I would take the stairs....but, based on my last Carnival cruise, not too many others could.

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I don't want to get into "a thing" again and I don't want this post deleted, but in my opinion the biggest handicap to cruises starting up again....and I've said it before....is elevators.  I asked people to give suggestions...and nobody on this board came up with anything except take the stairs.  I doubt the majority of people on a Carnival cruise could make it up multiple flights.

And, think of embarkation/disembarkation day...when everyone has their carry-ons.

They can clean, they can hand out masks, they can ask people to social distance in the theatre, they can end the buffet....but they can't vertically transport people in a timely fashion if elevators are limited to 1 person/family per car even if the ship is only 50% full.

I hope a vaccine or drug to limit the effects of covid is developed soon.  But, if not, cruising in the future will be very different.  Someone said "short booze cruises" or "once in a lifetime cruises".  I see smaller ships and more sq ft per passenger; higher prices but reasonable for the product.

I'm just as anxious as anyone here to get on a ship again; I should have been on one this week.

Anyway....these aren't facts, just my opinion.  Anyone can agree or disagree....but I am entitled to an opinion.

Yes to elevators as a problem  ... and corridors, too.

Walk down a cruise ship hallway (on the cabin decks) and you're likely to run into other cruisers as well as staff. Passing them can be a complex dance even in normal times, especially if there are two or three and they're carrying anything bulky. 

Now imagine trying to do this and maintain distance. 

The cruise lines could try making them one-way only, but what are the odds that the "I don't gotta wear no darn mask" crowd can obey that rule any better? 

Distancing is an ENORMOUS problem if cruising is going to restart in the corona era ... and too few people seem to think that through. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

https://phobia.wikia.org/wiki/Elevatophobia

1 hour ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Yes to elevators as a problem  ... and corridors, too.

Walk down a cruise ship hallway (on the cabin decks) and you're likely to run into other cruisers as well as staff. Passing them can be a complex dance even in normal times, especially if there are two or three and they're carrying anything bulky. 

Now imagine trying to do this and maintain distance. 

The cruise lines could try making them one-way only, but what are the odds that the "I don't gotta wear no darn mask" crowd can obey that rule any better? 

Distancing is an ENORMOUS problem if cruising is going to restart in the corona era ... and too few people seem to think that through. 

Yep even with 1 way corridors there will be those that don't think it applies to them. Plus pax are still going to pass cabin stewards.

1/2 Full capacity there still won't be Social Distancing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1