Looking for penpals to write to about cruising.

jonthomas

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yeah, seems rather desperate and mindless.  Really miss talking about plans, places and people. 

johthomas100z@gmail.com

So do it here. There are millions of people here who will 'talk' to you about those things.

8 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Perhaps not quite millions! 😉

I based that on the 'front page' of the site that shows tens of millions. But, yeah, thousands anyway 🙂

8 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yeah, seems rather desperate and mindless.  Really miss talking about plans, places and people. 

johthomas100z@gmail.com

Be careful what you wish for 😀

Sometimes you have to have thick skin and can't be too sensitive around here 😀

Actually, most people here are very nice and helpful - ask away.

I understand what Jonthomas means.  Having sailed in 2019 on both the Riviera and Insignia,  I miss having a cruise to look forward to.  Planning is half the fun - checking excursions, finding the perfect cabin, looking at menus, making specialty reservations and checking the cooking classes.  Cruise critic has been invaluable!  I love being able to get so much great information.

This is just a very sad time.  We can only hope there’s a vaccine soon and cruising can resume.  

• Like 2

Yes writing here helps, but you do have to be careful with opinions, statements, private information, etc. 

A pen pal is a whole other world, if you are lucky enough to be able to find some that you have things in common with. Cruising is that one commonality. 

A vaccine is the only way I can see cruising resuming and resembling what we used to enjoy in the past. Without it, masks , distancing, total paranoia over everything...sure does not sound like something I would want to even think about. Might as well just stay home. 

But even a vaccine will not bring us back to the way it used to be. Not everyone will take it. It will not work on everyone. 

Our last two cruises were on Oceania and Viking. Both were amazing. Oceania food was beyond belief. Both insisted hands be washed before entering. Everything in the buffet was served to us on O. Viking took everyones temp before boarding. But I don't believe that would work. Someone said they had a fever and just took  a bunch of Tylenols before boarding. Very strange that they would admit that. So the point I am making is you cant trust the temperature testing.

Anyway, I am probably boring everyone here. So need to find something else to do. Thank you for listening. 

Still want penpals so no one else needs to be bored by my rambling.

johthomas100z@gmail.com

53 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

So the point I am making is you cant trust the temperature testing.

Especially as so many carriers may be asymptomatic and yet infectious. Then there are those that will get sick and have fever in a few days but it's too late to know by then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yes writing here helps, but you do have to be careful with opinions, statements, private information, etc. 

Still want penpals so no one else needs to be bored by my rambling.

Jon-

Totally understand where you're coming from just as Roccaforte said. Half the fun is the planning and chatting about our cruises. I was very fortunate to "meet" a lovely person on my roll call about a year before our canceled April cruise. I'm in the USA, she's in Australia. We've chatted back and forth about our upcoming cruise, excursions, then on to our families, politics and the fires in Oz all the last year. And now even with canceled cruise we still are penpals and talk about cruising, COVID in our countries and all kinds of things. It's a joy that is irreplaceable. Now my fondest wish is that she and husband would come visit and stay with us.

Going to email you as soon as I finish writing this. We may not have a lot in common but we'll always have cruising in common. Talk to you later.

Nancy