New Promo

roger001

Got the latest and greatest promo offer today, offer only good through May 31.   Checked sailings.  Alaska sailing on Aug 3, Miami Caribbean sailing on Aug 2nd.  All is well and we're back in business!   NCL wouldn't be hot promoting these cruises today, with these last minute promos,  if it wasn't going to happen....would they?   They wouldn't be selling a product and taking customers' money for a cruise they know won't happen...would they??   No!   

• Haha 1

Not sure if the OP is being sarcastic. Yes, they will take your money now and then cancel that cruise at the last minute and offer you a future cruise credit or refund in November. They need cash coming in even if it is deceitful in a way knowing those cruises probably won’t happen. Many other lines have already cancelled their entire Alaska season. 

27 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Not sure if the OP is being sarcastic. Yes, they will take your money now and then cancel that cruise at the last minute and offer you a future cruise credit or refund in November. They need cash coming in even if it is deceitful in a way knowing those cruises probably won’t happen. Many other lines have already cancelled their entire Alaska season. 

I am.

• Like 2

The Alaska 2020 cruise season for all intends and purposes is closed. I have a few friends

who operate "cruise season" shops in Ketchikan and Skagway and they reported a month ago

they were not planning on being open while in the meantime trying to cancel stock they had pre ordered.

Many of these shops at the three main Alaskan cruise ports are only open for the May - September cruise

season with their operators living elsewhere.   

You can use  two of your already purchased CruiseNext certificates to book cruises for 2021 right now.  Those currently have an added promo of OBC.   Nothing more out of my pocket to pick out a cruise and cabin I like for next year.   

I wondered if they would be adding an enticement promo as soon as they cancelled another month of cruises. Interesting that this OBC promo says it is for Cruises sailing in 2021 or Later......not 2020🤔

UP TO $1,000 ONBOARD CREDIT PER STATEROOM - 3+ DAY CRUISES SAILING IN 2021 OR LATER
Booking Window: May 21, 2020 - May 26, 2020 11:59 pm EST

Sail Length Studio Inside Oceanview Balcony Club Balcony Suite Suite & The Haven See below for applicable categories
3-4 Day $25 $50 $60 $100 $140 $300 $500
5+ Day $50 $100 $120 $200 $280 $600 $1,000

7 hours ago, roger001 said:

Got the latest and greatest promo offer today, offer only good through May 31.   Checked sailings.  Alaska sailing on Aug 3, Miami Caribbean sailing on Aug 2nd.  All is well and we're back in business!   NCL wouldn't be hot promoting these cruises today, with these last minute promos,  if it wasn't going to happen....would they?   They wouldn't be selling a product and taking customers' money for a cruise they know won't happen...would they??   No!   

Come on over to the Carnival board with me, so you can also get flamed, insulted etc for stating the obvious!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Come on over to the Carnival board with me, so you can also get flamed, insulted etc for stating the obvious!

So what do you have to say about the news river cruises will start up next month?

Just now, seaman11 said:

So what do you have to say about the news river cruises will start up next month?

I would say that "will start up" is not the same as "want to start up".  It depends on the rules and regulations that they'll be subject to and if it will be profitable when they conform to those rules.

Please don't bait me.  I've given up explaining reality.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mrdodgy said:

Nothing its not a comparable!

right and then you will tell me a bahama cruise is not comparable to a ncl and if carnival goes in august its not comparable to the anthem of seas ect. 

a cruise is a cruise, on the ocean hugging the coast, or on the river. I dont think its as good because i like going to caribbean ports.  and i like a little bigger ship. but its still a cruise. 

im not trying to bait anyone, but i really think ppl around here are way too pessimistic, this covid will pass and and we have to move on with our lives.  sure it may not hit zero cases, but hey you can get the flu or noro. there is always a risk. 

11 hours ago, seaman11 said:

im not trying to bait anyone, but i really think ppl around here are way too pessimistic, this covid will pass and and we have to move on with our lives.  sure it may not hit zero cases, but hey you can get the flu or noro. there is always a risk. 

Look at the title of this thread.  If I wanted to comment about river cruises, I would have done it in that thread, not here.

People around here, in this thread, aren't pessimistic at all.  They're realistic.  If you start ANYTHING before it's ready, it fails.  I mean ANYTHING...      Covid will pass when it's not allowed to spread.  And, cruiseships (very unessential)  are not equipped, at this point, to keep social distancing (remember....people from everywhere can get on a ship...not just locals).

If people want to be stupid and give "interest free loans" to book sailings that most likely will never happen, and that's what this thread is all about, it will help keep the line financially afloat.  That's a good thing for the company.  So...as long as it's "other people's money"....people should take advantage of the new promo the OP tells us about.

• Like 5