Refunds now expected to take longer than 90 days per Carnival?

SRQMom

74 days since my 3/13 cruise was cancelled.  I have an actual email letter from Carnival stating that they "Issued a refund on 3/20/20" for both cabins" but still no refund of basically $2,000 due me for two cabins.  As with others, have called and reluctantly "accepted" the "it may take 90 days to actual receive the refund".  My concern is that during this time, the card I used to pay for the cruise was lost and had to be reissued with a different number of course.  I called my bank and they said that shouldn't cause a problem with refunds (it still gets posted), but when I called Carnival today to speak to them about that concern, I was told it may now be "more than 90 days as originally stated and be prepared to have to wait INDEFINITELY for the refund".   I had him repeat it twice because while waiting "up to 90 days" sucked, this is ridiculous. Has anyone else heard this???

Was the delay in expected time for the refund related to your inquiry about the change in credit card numbers? If so then they can't give any kind of clarity on timeframes because there might be an issue with the refund even if your bank has stated there shouldn't be a problem.

There shouldn't be a problem with card numbers changing as long as the issuing bank didn't change. It might add a minimal delay. I have no idea what indefinite delay means, but Carnival did lay off a number of employees which isn't going to speed things up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRQMom said:

74 days since my 3/13 cruise was cancelled.  I have an actual email letter from Carnival stating that they "Issued a refund on 3/20/20" for both cabins" but still no refund of basically $2,000 due me for two cabins.  As with others, have called and reluctantly "accepted" the "it may take 90 days to actual receive the refund".  My concern is that during this time, the card I used to pay for the cruise was lost and had to be reissued with a different number of course.  I called my bank and they said that shouldn't cause a problem with refunds (it still gets posted), but when I called Carnival today to speak to them about that concern, I was told it may now be "more than 90 days as originally stated and be prepared to have to wait INDEFINITELY for the refund".   I had him repeat it twice because while waiting "up to 90 days" sucked, this is ridiculous. Has anyone else heard this???

Sounds like what Princess agents were instructed to advise:
"We don't know how long it will be until you see a refund."

Personally, I'd recommend a chargeback at this point if you already waited the quoted 90 days.

Edited by xDisconnections

37 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Sounds like what Princess agents were instructed to advise:
"We don't know how long it will be until you see a refund."

Personally, I'd recommend a chargeback at this point if you already waited the quoted 90 days.

Had I not called, I'd have not known their policy had "changed".   (I hadn't called in over a month or so because of the whole "it may take UP TO 90 days" thing).  Even waiting up to 90 days was bad, but I sucked it up and expected to wait that long, but anything over 90 days in unacceptable.  They need to get an influx of cash to resolve these refunds they owe customers but saying "indefinitely" is not an acceptable answer.  If your company can't pay you today, but at least gave you a specific timeline in which you would get paid, some people will accept that especially given the current situation.  BUT, to say "I have no idea when or if you'll get your money"..... that's not acceptable.   I'm contacting my bank and hopefully the fact I paid with my debit card (it was a last minute purchase for Spring Break with my grandson so just paid in full and didn't charge it), that won't be a factor in filing a claim. Thanks.

My CC number was changed 2x since I booked my cruise.  Once when I lost my card and another when the upgraded my card.  I still received my refund last week. I noticed my balance changed but I didn't see the transaction.  I had to go back to the date of the cancellation and sure enough the transaction was dated on my April online statement.

22 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

My cruise was part of the initial cancellation and I've been refunded for everything as of last week. The excess cruise money after rebooking, wifi, excursions all came on different days.

That's comforting to hear.  Gives us hope!  LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

Unacceptable.  I  cant believe people are waiting for so long without disputing the charge. Once that window of opportunity passes you will totally be at their mercy.

Just saying...all my charges have been covered and I was happy with the turn around