EZ Air Cancellation - Still Shows Active

Tedferg

Princess cancelled our Sep 2029 cruise, it still shows as active and I am told that Princess will eventually get to it via their refund process. I decided to cancel EZ Air flights, even though Princess will cancel them when cruise is cancelled. Made sense to me to cancel myself. However the flights still show as active in my profile for that cruise ??

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Princess cancelled our Sep 2029 cruise, it still shows as active and I am told that Princess will eventually get to it via their refund process. I decided to cancel EZ Air flights, even though Princess will cancel them when cruise is cancelled. Made sense to me to cancel myself. However the flights still show as active in my profile for that cruise ??

I'm going to assume you meant 2020, and I also had a September 2020, cruise that Princess cancelled.  

I went through this for a Princess cancelled cruised in March for May 4, cruise.  I was told to leave the EZ flights alone with Princess saying they would eventually cancel it.   It gave me all kinds of stress watching it sit there way past the 45 days where they say the flight is then ticketed.

Eventually it was taken off, but during that time my seats were booked and no one could take them that may have 

wanted to book this flight.

This time I decided to cancel it on my Personalizer.  I kept hitting the Cancel Air Booking for All Guests and then I would cancel.  BUT it was still there and did not actually cancel.  I eventually tried the other "Cancel Air Booking Only for Selected Guests".  Chose both of us and cancelled.  This time it cancelled and I no longer was able to pull it up on the airlines site under the reservation number and it disappeared off my Personalizer.  Just felt better doing it this way.  333885325_ScreenShot2020-05-28at4_58_37PM.thumb.png.7c8f340a32ae0a76421bd011d1a4a029.pngI don't know if this could be the problem you are having or not, but just thought if it was that might help.  

Good luck!  

I had EZ Air booked for our northbound Alaska cruise in August.  After getting off the ship in Whittier, our group of 12 were staying in Anchorage for a family reunion in September.  Since the cruise was cancelled, we needed to rebook the air to get to Anchorage and back to wherever everyone was coming from.  

Unfortunately, although the cruise was cancelled, nothing was done, and when I tried to cancel the EZ Air, nothing happened and it wasn't cancelled (it's as though when they cancelled it, they turned off making changes, but didn't actually do anything else since the cruise is still showing in my personalizer).  Normally this wouldn't be an issue, except when we tried to book flights to and from Alaska, the airline shows we already have a reservation for the return; this occurred for our entire group. 

We all had to get our travel agents to contact Princess to cancel our airline reservation as we were trying to book other flights and couldn't do that.  In some cases, the Princess agent didn't understand what the hurry was, and also said they would get to it when they processed the refund/cancellation.  It took a while and a lot of effort on the part of our TA, but eventually everyone finally got Princess to cancel their flights.  Then we had everyone verify there were no flights booked with the airlines, before we could all book our flights for the same return date.  

If we hadn't planned to be at the family reunion, having the flights "out there" wouldn't have been a big deal, but since we were trying to make other/alternate plans when the cruise cancelled, we needed the flights cancelled right away.   If you don't need to rebook flights for the same day, then I wouldn't worry about it, and they will eventually cancel, but if you are trying to make other plans, then call or have your TA call Princess to cancel the flights (and be prepared to have to explain why you needed them to do it now).

We had flights booked on United via EZAir for a cruise this fall cancelled by Princess.  I haven't paid for the flights but it bugged me that it was still showing as active so I tried to cancel it but it seemed to be locked.  In a few days the reservation disappeared from the United website so they have been made aware but it's still showing on the Princess website.  I decided not to worry about it and will just let the reservation work its way through the Princess cancellation process.

Thanks for responses, yes 2020 Rowse I did proofread :-(. Suppose there is nothing to worry about and it will just go away when Princess gets around to dealing with refunds for this date. I just thought it was an item I could take care of - will try cancelling individual guests out of curiosity, since I can't do my usual morning check air fare / cruise fare / hotel !

9 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks for responses, yes 2020 Rowse I did proofread :-(. Suppose there is nothing to worry about and it will just go away when Princess gets around to dealing with refunds for this date. I just thought it was an item I could take care of - will try cancelling individual guests out of curiosity, since I can't do my usual morning check air fare / cruise fare / hotel !

My EZ-Air info has still been sitting there, but cannot be changed.  If you check with the airline(s) using the booking numbers, I bet you will find those flights are gone.  I did that in my case and they are no longer in airline systems.

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

My EZ-Air info has still been sitting there, but cannot be changed.  If you check with the airline(s) using the booking numbers, I bet you will find those flights are gone.  I did that in my case and they are no longer in airline systems.

Yes, I looked on United site and nothing in My Trips.

13 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Yes, I looked on United site and nothing in My Trips.

Same as for my reservation.

I do not care if it is still showing on the Princess site. If it is no longer on the United site I know there will not be any airline penalty no matter how long it takes Princess to process the cancelled cruise.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:49 PM, azbirdmom said:In a few days the reservation disappeared from the United website so they have been made aware but it's still showing on the Princess website.  I decided not to worry about it and will just let the reservation work its way through the Princess cancellation process.

The same thing happened to us with Delta for a canceled September Vancouver to Hawaii voyage. Gone from the Delta site but still on the Cruise Personalizer.  OuR TA called Princess and had them removed.