Any luck sharing FCCs?

Hi all. 

We have FCCs for myself, hubby and our four (minor) kids that we would like to apply towards a cruise in 2021. 

I have asked our agent to see if Royal will agree to allow us to pool and apply our FCCs as a family rather than following the "stated" FCC amount per person. It has been almost two weeks and I haven't heard back yet. 

Because of the way they evenly split the FCCs among each of our cabins, both my husband and 10 year old have a credit in the same amount (they were in a cabin for 2) while myself and my other kids have a credit in the same amount (in a connecting cabin for 4). However, when we booked, our invoices clearly showed that both hubby and I as PAX 1 in each cabin paid more in fare than our kids (ie. cabin 1: Pax 1: $1000, Pax 2: $500 / cabin 2: Pax 1: $1000, Pax 2 - 4: $500).

Royal's pricing means that I would have to pay out of pocket to cover the difference between theFCC and the fare while my kids come in less than the FCC and would be issued another FCC they would never be able to use to the tune of about $250 each. As this cruise is close to the deadline to use them up, there would be no way for us to be able to use a re-issued FCC.

Given that all the same passengers are travelling, we are all in one family and there are four minors who cannot travel on their own, I feel that our request is reasonable. 

Just curious if anyone else has tried to get their FCCs pooled in a similar manner and whether or not they've had any success. 

24 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, they are nontransferable.

Idk seems like he also started a thread so people over 70 could transfer them, but now maybe no longer. I do remember the thread but if there is a way to search formthat thread forgetaboutit. It was very early when fccs came out and there was talk of over 70 needing a doctors letter.

They keep changing the rules. People were saying wonder if we can sell them on Ebay. It was months ago. They probably changed rules 3 times since then. Might have only been if you were over age 70.

I just booked a cruise using FCC and while the payments weren’t initially applied correctly, meaning I had $942 FCC leftover and a $750 balance on my cruise, I was able to call in today and have it corrected so they applied the remaining $942 to the balance. This was for a room with me, my husband and my 12 year old son where they gave us all different FCC amounts. I was on the phone for about 2 hours today but they did work with me so I can’t complain too much. Though, this was just for 1 stateroom, at least I can confirm they’re still working with customers on this issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JillK said:

Hi all. 

We have FCCs for myself, hubby and our four (minor) kids that we would like to apply towards a cruise in 2021. 

I have asked our agent to see if Royal will agree to allow us to pool and apply our FCCs as a family rather than following the "stated" FCC amount per person. It has been almost two weeks and I haven't heard back yet. 

Because of the way they evenly split the FCCs among each of our cabins, both my husband and 10 year old have a credit in the same amount (they were in a cabin for 2) while myself and my other kids have a credit in the same amount (in a connecting cabin for 4). However, when we booked, our invoices clearly showed that both hubby and I as PAX 1 in each cabin paid more in fare than our kids (ie. cabin 1: Pax 1: $1000, Pax 2: $500 / cabin 2: Pax 1: $1000, Pax 2 - 4: $500).

Royal's pricing means that I would have to pay out of pocket to cover the difference between theFCC and the fare while my kids come in less than the FCC and would be issued another FCC they would never be able to use to the tune of about $250 each. As this cruise is close to the deadline to use them up, there would be no way for us to be able to use a re-issued FCC.

Given that all the same passengers are travelling, we are all in one family and there are four minors who cannot travel on their own, I feel that our request is reasonable. 

Just curious if anyone else has tried to get their FCCs pooled in a similar manner and whether or not they've had any success. 

Yes they will balance out the FCC’s because of those inequities as long as everyone with an FCC is on the reservation.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes they will balance out the FCC’s because of those inequities as long as everyone with an FCC is on the reservation.  

That puts my mind at ease! Thanks so much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are over 70 or under 12 then you can transfer it to someone else. 

Ken, is that in writing any place?  And can you transfer it to ANYONE else?  

Like Firefly, I remember the over 70 part, but I thought that was tied to the required letter.  If the letter is not required, can the FCC still be transferred?

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Ken, is that in writing any place?  And can you transfer it to ANYONE else?  

Like Firefly, I remember the over 70 part, but I thought that was tied to the required letter.  If the letter is not required, can the FCC still be transferred?

I haven’t seen it in writing but it was Vicki Freed SVP who stated it on a webinar with over 5000 travel agents listening. 

From my interpretation it could be transferred to anyone. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are over 70 or under 12 then you can transfer it to someone else. 

Well two of my kids were 13 and 15 at time of cancelled sailing and will be 15 and 17 for the one we are looking at booking. Even though they are over 12, I'm hopeful that Royal will allow some further flexibility as they are still minors and they cannot cross the border or cruise alone prior to the FCCs expiring. Will post back once I've had a determination to advise. 

1 minute ago, JillK said:

Well two of my kids were 13 and 15 at time of cancelled sailing and will be 15 and 17 for the one we are looking at booking. Even though they are over 12, I'm hopeful that Royal will allow some further flexibility as they are still minors and they cannot cross the border or cruise alone prior to the FCCs expiring. Will post back once I've had a determination to advise. 

They will be able to move FCC amounts around on the reservation as long as the kids sail. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

RCI seems to be consistently inconsistent.

Our TA told us that we couldn't apply our FCC to the room. Four of us are currently booked in two GS. We inquired about moving into a 2BR GS. Our FCCs are about 1350 each. That would cover the 4 of us. But due to the breakdown of the pricing for the first 2 pax compared 3 and 4th  Two of us would have to pay extra and 2 of us would have FCC that we wouldn't be able to use.

1 minute ago, constable145 said:

RCI seems to be consistently inconsistent.

Our TA told us that we couldn't apply our FCC to the room. Four of us are currently booked in two GS. We inquired about moving into a 2BR GS. Our FCCs are about 1350 each. That would cover the 4 of us. But due to the breakdown of the pricing for the first 2 pax compared 3 and 4th  Two of us would have to pay extra and 2 of us would have FCC that we wouldn't be able to use.

Were the 4 of you on the same reservation that the FCC's originated from?  That is the key, It has to be like to like, meaning if there was a family of 4 in one cabin on the original reservation and they book a cabin for four on a new reservation they will adjust amounts

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Were the 4 of you on the same reservation that the FCC's originated from?  That is the key, It has to be like to like, meaning if there was a family of 4 in one cabin on the original reservation and they book a cabin for four on a new reservation they will adjust amounts

They were linked so not technically.