Cancellation Update

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately, this has impacted our 2020 Alaska season in its entirety, as well as notable fall itineraries like Canada/New England and Hawaii.

Assume this impacts the Ovation TP departing from Honolulu to Sydney?  Certainly would have been helpful for RC to list the impacted sailings!  Seems as their website isn't accessible at the moment and I've tried using 3 different browsers and cleared my cookies

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

I wonder what will happen with the Brilliance Boston to Tampa repositioning since presumably the New England cruises are also cancelled. With the ship currently sitting off CocoCay surely they won't sail it empty all the way to Boston to go all the way back down again for the Tampa season.

We are also on this cruise.  If anyone has an answer please share.

34 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Assume this impacts the Ovation TP departing from Honolulu to Sydney?  Certainly would have been helpful for RC to list the impacted sailings!  Seems as their website isn't accessible at the moment and I've tried using 3 different browsers and cleared my cookies

That sailing is still listed for sale on Cruising Power (TA website)

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That sailing is still listed for sale on Cruising Power (TA website)

OK, thanks!  Maybe RC is just waiting til after final payment (Jun 27th).  It doesn't seem rationale that they'd bring a ship here from wherever it is now (Manila?) with all Alaska & Hawaii sailings cancelled, just to sail to back Sydney and NZ is supposedly closed to cruises thru the end of this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frito58 said:

That will give you give you full CC refund , I do not want FCC . 

We debated on this, but in the end decided to L&S and take the OBC for the Cruise Personalizer purchases.  We didn't want to contribute to financially sinking them.

Edited by WAMarathoner

Still listed for sale.  There was no reason to think that an update on this cruise would have happened today as it does not stop in Canada

Guess time will tell.  We'll keep watching. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I thought you could lift and shift until August 1, no?

That's not what post #1 says in this thread.

We hope your impacted clients will stick with us and simply move their 2020 reservation to a similar adventure in 2021. In Alaska, increased capacity next season will open additional cruise options as we welcome a fourth ship — the award-winning Quantum of the Seas. It’s easy — just Lift & Shift your clients into 2021 and their current price and promotion is protected! Act quickly as this option is only available through June 17, 2020.

If your clients aren’t quite ready to select their next adventure, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is the ideal option — offering an elevated value of 125% of the total amount paid. FCCs will be automatically administered on or before July 17, 2020, if no alternative compensation form is selected. Funds attributed to the purchase of taxes/fees or pre-purchased amenities/onboard packages will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date.

Should a refund be the preferred option for your client, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. Opt-in for a refund on-or-before December 31, 2020 by accessing the “Cruise with Confidence” tab (previously “Cancellation Form”) 

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sailings cancelled June 2nd have until June 17 to Lift and Shift per the RCL website.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

The announcement made it sound like if you didn't L&S, they will process the 125% FCC and then you no longer have recourse.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The announcement made it sound like if you didn't L&S, they will process the 125% FCC and then you no longer have recourse.

strange wording though but it says you still can get a full refund up to December 31, 2020......so won't the FCC be issued before that date?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

strange wording though but it says you still can get a full refund up to December 31, 2020......so won't the FCC be issued before that date?

You can convert the FCC (from a cancelled cruise) into a refund at any time till end of '20.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can convert the FCC (from a cancelled cruise) into a refund at any time till end of '20.

Oh, never had any FCC, Didn't know that............I guess that would be another 3 months waiting for that ontop of the 3 months for the FCC.........Cool 6 months you have your $$$ , What a country.........

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

I wonder what will happen with the Brilliance Boston to Tampa repositioning since presumably the New England cruises are also cancelled. With the ship currently sitting off CocoCay surely they won't sail it empty all the way to Boston to go all the way back down again for the Tampa season.

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Still listed for sale.  There was no reason to think that an update on this cruise would have happened today as it does not stop in Canada

But as I said earlier  - quoted above - surely there will be a knock on effect as all preceding cruises are cancelled and ship currently in Caribbean 

My belief is they wont cancel the repositioning until after final payment 

Edited by Bobal

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hands off! She’s in Southampton now and we aren’t letting her leave!!!

Do you think that the Jewel on September 5 will be a go out of Tarragona, Spain?

6 minutes ago, Bobal said:

But as I said earlier  - quoted above - surely there will be a knock on effect as all preceding cruises are cance6and ship currently in Caribbean 

My thoughts exactly!  

7 minutes ago, Bobal said:

But as I said earlier  - quoted above - surely there will be a knock on effect as all preceding cruises are cancelled and ship currently in Caribbean 

Getting to Boston from tje Caribbean is a relatively short run.  If they are sailing it wouldn’t surprise me to see them make that trip as opposed to cancelling the cruise. 

Getting to Boston from tje Caribbean is a relatively short run.  If they are sailing it wouldn’t surprise me to see them make that trip as opposed to cancelling the cruise. 

Hope your right🤞