Deck 12 Oceania Suites on the Marina/Riviera

jagoffee

I have used the search function and researched the Oceania Suites (OC) on Deck 12 (as well as Deck 11).  Thank you to everyone that have previously posted on this thread as I found many of the posts important in my decision process. 
 I have settled on Deck 12 even though I understand that the Deck 11 Aft suites have a very large corner balcony.  It was a difficult decision as we frequently cruise in AFT corner suites on other cruise lines.  My wife and I really like a lot of light and put a high value on the view from inside the cabin, therefore the sliding door in the bedroom won out for us.  

I know the OC’s are in the Forward section of Deck 12.  I have tentatively booked cabin 12008, which was the furthest back choice on the Port side.

I know that the Port, even numbered OC’s, are under the Spa area.  And the Starboard, odd numbered OC’s, are under the Gym/work out area.

Based on my experience on other ships, I would normally avoid cabins under a Gym/work out area.  I also noticed that most of the OC’s available in January 2022 are on the ones under the Gym, which leads me to believe that it is not much different than other ships/cruise lines.  But I have not been able to find any posts where people have found the OC’s under the Gym to be noisy.  (A few comments saying noise was not an issue)

For those that have stayed in OC under the Gym, what has been your experience?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by jagoffee

32 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Absolutely fine. Stayed in 12010  on Riviera and have 12008 booked on Marina for an upcoming cruise. No noise whatsoever.

Those cabins are under the spa treatment rooms. The OP is asking about noise in the odd numbered starboard side cabins that are under the gym: "For those that have stayed in OC under the Gym, what has been your experience?"

Edited by njhorseman

We have only stayed in the aft OCs although we were booked in a Deck 12 OC for a cruise that we had to cancel.  I'm sure we'd have been happy there, but we really do love the aft cabins.  But that is US.

One advantage of the aft OCs is that it's not hard to get to a restaurant.  On the other hand, it might be better to have a long walk!  When we were in Vistas on Marina Howard was able to forgoe his after dinner walk since he figured that the walk to and from the restaurants was about the same as his after-diner walk when we were midships ...

The midship locations have their advantages as well.  But we DO love the huge verandas and the wonderful views on the Deck 11 OCs ...

Mura

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mura said:

We have only stayed in the aft OCs although we were booked in a Deck 12 OC for a cruise that we had to cancel.  I'm sure we'd have been happy there, but we really do love the aft cabins.  But that is US.

One advantage of the aft OCs is that it's not hard to get to a restaurant.  On the other hand, it might be better to have a long walk!  When we were in Vistas on Marina Howard was able to forgoe his after dinner walk since he figured that the walk to and from the restaurants was about the same as his after-diner walk when we were midships ...

The midship locations have their advantages as well.  But we DO love the huge verandas and the wonderful views on the Deck 11 OCs ...

Mura

Thank you to everyone for their input.  I am sure that since there are only a few OC’s under the Gym the universe for input is small.

Mura, I understand what you are saying about Deck 11 Aft OC’s.  I have stayed in several aft corner suites on other cruise lines and it is a great view in two directions.  This is usually our preferred choice.  As I mentioned, in the case of the Deck 12 OC’s we are concerned about the lack of a slider in the bedroom.  The pictures make it look more like an Oceanview cabin when in the bedroom.  (The rest of the cabin looks amazing).  

Mura, do you consider this a trade off worth doing?  (Obviously you do)  Or do I have the wrong impression?  (Always possible) My wife and I have discussed this trade off several times.  She really values day light and views at all times.  Our curtains are almost always open unless in port.   Happy wife, happy life.  

I am having trouble getting input on the OC’s under the Gym.  By using the search function, I did find at least two people that said the noise was not an issue.  I have not found any feedback saying that noise was an issue.  I was just a little surprised, so I was looking for confirmation.  

Thanks, again.

16 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I am having trouble getting input on the OC’s under the Gym.  By using the search function, I did find at least two people that said the noise was not an issue.  I have not found any feedback saying that noise was an issue.  I was just a little surprised, so I was looking for confirmation.  

These gyms are relatively small an the type of equipment they have should not produce loud sounds or bangs IMO, although I am not speaking from experience.

Also, I am not sure if they are even open at night.

I am thinking  when they designed the ships  they put extra sound proofing in the floors of the gym  so not to great an issue for those paying premium prices

I believe  they also did the upgrade  on the R ship  to the gym flooring many years  ago

someone  will correct me if wrong

I have been in both aft Oceania suite and Deck 12 suites.

Deck 12 suite is slightly larger, has a bigger media room , 3pc bath in the entry way and the entry to balcony from bedroom is very nice.

Deck 11 aft is slightly smaller, media room is a bit smaller, 2pc in the entry hall and bdrm has no exit to balcony.

That said, you mentioned lots of light and the aft Oceania suites are flooded with light during the day and the view from wrap around balcony is wonderful. They are my favorite but Deck 12 is lovely too

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Mura, I understand what you are saying about Deck 11 Aft OC’s.  I have stayed in several aft corner suites on other cruise lines and it is a great view in two directions.  This is usually our preferred choice.  As I mentioned, in the case of the Deck 12 OC’s we are concerned about the lack of a slider in the bedroom.  The pictures make it look more like an Oceanview cabin when in the bedroom.  (The rest of the cabin looks amazing).  

Mura, do you consider this a trade off worth doing?  (Obviously you do)  Or do I have the wrong impression?  (Always possible) My wife and I have discussed this trade off several times.  She really values day light and views at all times.  Our curtains are almost always open unless in port.   Happy wife, happy life. 

I apologize for the delay in responding because I've been battling my computer for most of the day and only am coming to CC this evening.  But in reading the posts after yours, I think you have sufficient info!

Yes, the interior of the aft OCs is smaller than the Deck 12 OCs, but we love that huge veranda!  And not having an exit from the bedroom space to the veranda didn't bother us at all.  Also, the second bathroom is a half bath rather than a full bath, which certainly could bother some ... but not us!

We use the media room mostly for storage of purchases, etc., so that it is smaller in the aft cabins doesn't bother us at all.

When we had a few private cocktail parties in our aft OC with tour partners, they were thrilled with the space ... for what that is worth!

I doubt that it will matter in the end what you pick.  These are lovely suites wherever the location.  If in the future we might be able to sail again (not likely, but not impossible) I think we'd opt for the aft OC over a VS ... and price is not the main consideration!  The Vistas do have advantages -- larger space, etc. -- but there is the wind issue on the veranda (which we personally did not experience the few times we were in a Vista) as well as that VERY long walk to the restaurants ...

Mura

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

My wife and I have stayed in 12001 on Marina.  There was no problem with any noise FROM ANYWHERE.  I don't think you will have trouble. In fact, I find the suites on Deck 12 are perfectly located, so long as you don't mind going down on deck to the executive lounge for your morning espresso, that is.  But that is a very small sacrifice. 

39 minutes ago, Ventura FOG said:

I find the suites on Deck 12 are perfectly located, so long as you don't mind going down on deck to the executive lounge for your morning espresso, that is.  But that is a very small sacrifice. 

Would your butler not bring you one?

Or just go to Barristas  up one deck  probably better than what you get in the lounge

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 6/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, cruisingxpert said:

I have been in both aft Oceania suite and Deck 12 suites.

Deck 12 suite is slightly larger, has a bigger media room , 3pc bath in the entry way and the entry to balcony from bedroom is very nice.

Deck 11 aft is slightly smaller, media room is a bit smaller, 2pc in the entry hall and bdrm has no exit to balcony.

That said, you mentioned lots of light and the aft Oceania suites are flooded with light during the day and the view from wrap around balcony is wonderful. They are my favorite but Deck 12 is lovely too

We have previously been in 11080. The next cruise we are on 12 in an "odd number". Is there room for 2 loungers? The photos and schematics only show one. Thanks

38 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

We have previously been in 11080. The next cruise we are on 12 in an "odd number". Is there room for 2 loungers? The photos and schematics only show one. Thanks

They also don't show the hot tub on the deck that used top be there before the refit. Haven't been able to get a definitive answer on if they are still there or not. My guess is that if there is no hot tub, there is room for a 2nd lounger. I plan on sking the butler for one if there isn't one out there.

49 minutes ago, Cruising Maryland said:

They also don't show the hot tub on the deck that used top be there before the refit. Haven't been able to get a definitive answer on if they are still there or not. My guess is that if there is no hot tub, there is room for a 2nd lounger. I plan on sking the butler for one if there isn't one out there.

With the hot tub gone.  It might work.  That balcony isn't that deep which may make it difficult to move around.