Royal Suite Perks ?

Noreen411

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes, while you can actually take advantage of the wifi as you get 1 device with the RS,  1 device with the 4 PERKS, and 1 device with your loyalty status.  I've always wanted to try to see if the concierge would let me gift one of the surplus bev packages to someone else.   After all I have paid (or earned) each of them.

The Wifi if you didn't want to use all the devices yourself you actually could create separate accounts (logins) for surplus devices and pass that login info to someone else.   Probably against the rules but they would never know.

The thing about the Laundry amenity was that it was unlimited until too many people thought it a good idea to share around family and friends . Now it is only listed as twice per cruise.

Edited by groryjm

4 hours ago, groryjm said:

The thing about the Laundry amenity was that it was unlimited until too many people thought it a good idea to share around family and friends . Now it is only listed as twice per cruise.

Yes sharing of the 1 perk is unacceptable.  The point I was making was about having to PAY for multiple packages per person with the standard fare and not being able to derive any value from the extra packages, even gifting them to another passenger.

Here is my example.  My Jan 4 Connie cruise is in a S1 sky suite.  I booked the day  they opened bookings after moving the ship to Tampa.  The only fares available (and now) include 4 perks, there is no way to purchase the suite without them included.  As a Zenith Captains Club member I get a Premium Beverage Package and a 1 device Unlimited Wifi package as well.  So I have paid/earned for 2 of each of these packages per person.  Now if I had booked a Royal Suite I would have 3 pp. 

Third world problems I know.

28 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

As a Zenith Captains Club member I get a Premium Beverage Package and a 1 device Unlimited Wifi package as well.  So I have paid/earned for 2 of each of these packages per person.  

As a Zenith, you also get complimentary laundry.  😊

15 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I've been a lurker on this thread as I haven't had anything to really add to the comments already made and we haven't sailed in a RS so I can't speak from experience.  I can say that I recently looked into a booking we currently have for a PH as it appeared the price had dropped by about a $100 PP.  When I inquired to my TA she told me the fare online was a "discounted" fare and did not include the $300 OBC or tips.  I made a comment about had Celebrity shifted their marketing to say suites now included all 4 perks as standard (or something like that) and she agreed, it did seem like they were taking a step back, but since this was considered a discounted fare that 4 perk standard didn't apply.  Just another example of having to read the fine print all the time.  Almost getting as bad as the fast food restaurant's, order the meal deal vs everything al-a-carte and one week it's cheaper one way, the next week its cheaper the other way.  SMH

Yes. 😊  That was the point I tried to make earlier. The asterisk denoting the fine print was way at the bottom of the page on the website.
“Below is what is listed under Royal Suites. This is in addition to the Retreat Perks of OBC, prepaid gratuities, premium beverage package, and WiFi if you pay a regular cruise rate (not discounted). “

Wishing you a wonderful cruise in the PH! 🥂

19 hours ago, groryjm said:

In my experience, if you don't abuse it, you will get all the laundry you need in a RS and a PH.  Your butler controls access to that.

• Like 1