Royal Suite Perks ?

Noreen411

7 hours ago, groryjm said:

Don't forget that TAs and celebrity agents are used to  dealing with the other 1400 odd state rooms and these amenities only apply to 10 cabins. They often forget too that the unlimited WiFi and Premium drinks etc apply to all in the suite so not just the first two.

Also at some ports you have Exclusive Luggage Drop Off and as far as by 20 year old DD is concerned the most importaint thing....unlimiited free gelato

I've never had unlimited free gelato in a royal suite or a penthouse.  How did you find out about that?

1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

Thank you everyone for your feedback - I know I haven’t responded to everyone individually but I appreciate all the responses.

Here’s where we are now...

My TA is great.  She spent hours on the phone yesterday on hold and finally spoke to resolutions.  The first person she spoke to agreed and was trying to make the change; then something happened and he couldn’t do it and got someone else on the phone.  That person basically said No - it’s part of a current promotion and I would lose all the perks.  My TA went back and forth with them a few times but they disagreed that the Royal Suite includes Beverage package, internet etc.  She gave up and said she’ll try calling again today to see if she gets someone else.  And she’s going to ask what is included with the Royal Suite aside from any promotion going on.

Will keep everyone posted as I hear more

Thank you again

Noreen

You could very well lose your perks if you change your booking.  Perks come and go.  If you change your booking and the perks are not offered at the current price, then you don't get the perks.  Period.  End of story.  No need to fight with Celebrity about this.  It's just how it is.

The amenities are a different story.  They attach to the suite.  They don't need to be referenced in the booking, they just are.  Your TA needs to understand the difference.  Most do not.  No need to have a conversation with Celebrity about this.

15 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You could very well lose your perks if you change your booking.  Perks come and go.  If you change your booking and the perks are not offered at the current price, then you don't get the perks.  Period.  End of story.  No need to fight with Celebrity about this.  It's just how it is.

The amenities are a different story.  They attach to the suite.  They don't need to be referenced in the booking, they just are.  Your TA needs to understand the difference.  Most do not.  No need to have a conversation with Celebrity about this.

I just went through this with my TA who had a lengthy conversation about this with her sales rep.  IF you don't have the 4 perks associated with your RS/PH booking then you do not get the premium beverage package.  

If you look at the Celebrity website it states that the amenities that come with the RS booking are:  Complimentary bottled water, soda, beer, unlimited lunch/dinner in specialties, 2 bottles of alcohol in suite, VIP canapes, complimentary laundry (twice per cruise) and priority luggage delivery.  

The website further states that in addition to the amenities, they have added the 4 perk package for guests of The Retreat.   So.....if you somehow are able to get a better price by deleting this 4 perk package just be aware that, according to my TA's sales rep, you do not get the premium beverage package.  It is not "automatically" given as an amenity in a RS.

So while I agree with Happy Cruiser 6143 that the premium beverage package was always an amenity for guests in RS and PH, it appears that this is no longer the case.

Edited by jcpc

Yesterday,  booked a 2022 S. Caribbean on the Equinox in the RS.  To get a better price, we were able to delete the $300.00 OBC and the prepaid gratuities for a savings of over $800.00.  All other "perks" and "amenities" are the same and could not be deleted from the booking.  In our viewpoint, we don't eat in the MDR and we always tip much more than the prepaid gratuities during the course of the cruise (usually beginning on day 1) so those "perks" weren't important to us.  This will be the 4th time in a RS and we really feel that it's so worth the money--like a cruise within a cruise. 

• Like 1

Just looked at a cruise in November 2020 on Equinox. There is a resident rate that does not come with perks but the description for the penthouse suite still lists the premium beverage package and unlimited internet. I think that since Celebrity has been offering the 4 perks for suites the amenities of the upper level suites are getting lost in the discussion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've never had unlimited free gelato in a royal suite or a penthouse.  How did you find out about that?

I can confirm based on my last several cruises in a RS that the gelato was unlimited.  I believe I initially found out on CC and then I confirmed it on board at the Gelato station.  I do not recall it being listed anywhere.  I suppose it could be covered under the general Specialty Dining definition?
Are  you saying that you were charged for Gelato while staying in a RS or PH?

Edited by jagoffee

I'm going to ask my TA to discuss with her sales rep again.  I think the answer on this is different each time we ask!  I know what it "used to be" because I have cruised RS/PH in the past........but now it seems like this "4 perk offer" for suites is confusing the issue (for everyone including Celebrity sales reps!)

Regarding the gelato - any time I've stayed in either RS or PH I have gotten unlimited gelato. While I've never seen it written anywhere the young lady at the Gelato station told me I could come every day as much as I want!

Edited by jcpc

The new Retreat section on the web site is a mess.  It basically touts that everything is included for all suites.   I was surprised to see that the individual room description for RS that I looked at didn't specifically identify Premium Drink pkg or Unlimited Wifi.  I suspect the person that wrote that whole section didn't understand the product.

16 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The new Retreat section on the web site is a mess.  It basically touts that everything is included for all suites.   I was surprised to see that the individual room description for RS that I looked at didn't specifically identify Premium Drink pkg or Unlimited Wifi.  I suspect the person that wrote that whole section didn't understand the product.

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary under the Retreat section, which has been up on X's website for quite awhile.

Below is what is listed under Royal Suites. This is in addition to the Retreat Perks of OBC, prepaid gratuities, premium beverage package, and WiFi if you pay a regular cruise rate (not discounted). Didn’t see anything about free Gelato.

Exclusive services and amenities

• Complimentary bottled water, soda, and beer stocked daily
  • Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants
  • Two complimentary bottles of premium spirits
  • VIP canapés
  • Complimentary laundry service (twice per cruise)
  • Priority luggage delivery
Edited by C-Dragons

17 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Didn’t see anything about free Gelato.

• Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants

I believe it comes under Unlimited Speciality dinnig. 

Discovered it one time when we were in an RS and went to get our free Captains club scoops and the lady told us we could come back as often as we liked.😎

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

On the UK site they still list as stateroom amenities which I believe they still are.   I think they omitted it on the US site as they make a big deal in the rest of the Retreat section about it being all included, but failing to mention not all fare classes.

image.png.89d84b43f3b0051a4ecb9a9ee16e9ebc.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I can confirm based on my last several cruises in a RS that the gelato was unlimited.  I believe I initially found out on CC and then I confirmed it on board at the Gelato station.  I do not recall it being listed anywhere.  I suppose it could be covered under the general Specialty Dining definition?
Are  you saying that you were charged for Gelato while staying in a RS or PH?

No, half the time I forget to go get the "free" one that comes with becoming a member of the captains' club.  But if regular helpings of gelato were free, I would probably have frequented the place much more often.  Will give that a try on my next trip.

• Like 1

I did a quick search of the site, but couldn't find what used to be there for penthouse and royal suites.  I think I printed it out once upon a time, prior to my first PH stay.

I agree, the Retreat section is a mess.  I suspect this is due to Celebrity's super competent IT staff.  They love pretty pictures.  Facts, not so much.  All I know is, whenever I sailed in a PH or a RS, those amenities were always there, and I generally booked without adding the 4 perks or at a resident rate.  And the amenities applied to all in the stateroom.  So, if they've changed that, they really should let people (including their own people) know.  I was booked in the PH for August, but that cruise was cancelled, so no way to verify in the near future.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I did a quick search of the site, but couldn't find what used to be there for penthouse and royal suites.  I think I printed it out once upon a time, prior to my first PH stay.

I agree, the Retreat section is a mess.  I suspect this is due to Celebrity's super competent IT staff.  They love pretty pictures.  Facts, not so much.  All I know is, whenever I sailed in a PH or a RS, those amenities were always there, and I generally booked without adding the 4 perks or at a resident rate.  And the amenities applied to all in the stateroom.  So, if they've changed that, they really should let people (including their own people) know.  I was booked in the PH for August, but that cruise was cancelled, so no way to verify in the near future.  

I did the same thing yesterday after reading this thread.  When I did a dummy booking, I saw the Premium Beverage Package listed on the Retreat cabin selection area as standard.  ( with the other cabin category options) It contained an asterisk.  The footnote stated that the Premium Drink package was not applicable to The Celebrity and Sky Suites.  

19 hours ago, groryjm said:

I believe it comes under Unlimited Speciality dinnig. 

Discovered it one time when we were in an RS and went to get our free Captains club scoops and the lady told us we could come back as often as we liked.😎

Could also just be a ship thing, Celebrity’s been known to do that.

10 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Could also just be a ship thing, Celebrity’s been known to do that.

I've had the free gelato on both Connie and Silly. I have every intention of trying again on Infinity next July...fingers crossed.

Of course they don't count as calories if its free 😁 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 7:42 AM, chemmo said:

The times we have had a similar conversation!  Using the term amenity rather than perk definitely helps.

We frequently find when booking the perks come automatically so we do get gratuity for two guests and the OBC.

On boarding we have on several occasions had to have further discussions when our adult son cruises with us as his card is frequently without his drink package sticker....Usually the concierge will simply apply the sticker and apologise but on a couple of occasions they have initially said “The drinks package is only for two guests...” and we have had to reiterate he has a package from the room, not from the perks....

Always sorted but it doesn’t help that some TAs and Celebrity staff don’t understand. Over the years we have spoken to many suite guests who have been wrongly advised including a CS guest who was told by her TA she had the same perks as a RS/PH, a RS guest on M class who even had an email from her TA  confirming she had a second bathroom in her suite (S class only), SS guests still being told they get a free speciality meal (stopped a few years ago)....Well worth new cruisers or cruisers who have not cruised in a suite before checking on CC for the real answer to what comes with each room!!!

What is still confusing is the laundry service which is listed as twice per cruise but in reality seems to be unlimited. 

Hi.We have a Sky suite booked for next October. I'm sharing with my parents. On the invoice it says premium drinks package for guests 1 and 2. Will I get the drinks package when we board? Thankyou.

27 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

Hi.We have a Sky suite booked for next October. I'm sharing with my parents. On the invoice it says premium drinks package for guests 1 and 2. Will I get the drinks package when we board? Thankyou.

The first two passengers named will get the drinks package if they have booked with full perks.  They will also get WiFi,  OBC and gratuities. The third named passenger will not, no drinks package come with the room. If one of your parents is likely to drink less than you or do most of their drinking in Michael’s/Retreat (where drinks are free for suite guests) then it maybe worth switching name order. 

If you upgraded to a RS or a PH all of you would get premium drinks, unlimited speciality dining, WiFi, in suite bar set up etc...If booked with perks the first two guests would also have some OBC and gratuities in addition to the extra space etc..

So for three adults in suite class, once you add on the costs of a premium beverage for one guest and unlimited speciality dining it can be worth while upgrading to a RS, especially considering the extra space/privacy it offers....

Hope this makes sense, ask me to clarify if not!

Edited by chemmo

2 minutes ago, chemmo said:

The first two passengers named will get the drinks package if they have booked with full perks.  They will also get WiFi,  OBC and gratuities. The third named passenger will not, no drinks package come with the room. If one of your parents is likely to drink less than you or do most of their drinking in Michael’s/Retreat (where drinks are free for suite guests) then it maybe worth switching name order. 

If you upgraded to a RS or a PH all of you would get premium drinks, unlimited speciality dining, WiFi, in suite bar set up etc...If booked with perks the first two guests would also have some OBC and gratuities in addition to the extra space etc..

So for three adults in suite class, once you add on the costs of a premium beverage for one guest and unlimited speciality dining it can be worth while upgrading to a RS, especially considering the extra space/privacy it offers....

Thank you for your reply 

3 hours ago, groryjm said:

I've had the free gelato on both Connie and Silly. I have every intention of trying again on Infinity next July...fingers crossed.

Of course they don't count as calories if its free 😁 

I like your thinking!  If I ever get back on board, I'll give it a try.

I would like to correct my previous posting.  I apologize that I posted the incorrect information.

My TA's sales rep has confirmed that the Royal Suite DOES still come with all suite amenities (premium beverage package, unlimited internet, unlimited specialty dining, laundry twice per week) for ALL occupants of the Royal Suite.  

In order to determine if it's beneficial to you to also add the "4 Perk Package" to your RS booking you need to do the math.  In the instance of my booking if I do not elect to take the 4 Perk Package Celebrity will reduce my fare by $770.  The dollar value of the two remaining beneficial perks (i.e., $300 OBC and prepaid grats for passenger 1 and 2) is $718.  So I save a whopping total of $52 if I choose not to take the 4 Perk Package with my booking.  

So now in my particular case the "amenities" of the RS are further diluted for me personally because I am entitled to a complimentary premium beverage package, unlimited internet and laundry due to my Captain's Club status!  However, Celebrity deducts nothing from your RS pricing if you tell them you don't need or want the amenities that come with the suite!

So I'll save my $52 and call it a day. 

Again, apologies that I previously posted incorrect info.

I've been a lurker on this thread as I haven't had anything to really add to the comments already made and we haven't sailed in a RS so I can't speak from experience.  I can say that I recently looked into a booking we currently have for a PH as it appeared the price had dropped by about a $100 PP.  When I inquired to my TA she told me the fare online was a "discounted" fare and did not include the $300 OBC or tips.  I made a comment about had Celebrity shifted their marketing to say suites now included all 4 perks as standard (or something like that) and she agreed, it did seem like they were taking a step back, but since this was considered a discounted fare that 4 perk standard didn't apply.  Just another example of having to read the fine print all the time.  Almost getting as bad as the fast food restaurant's, order the meal deal vs everything al-a-carte and one week it's cheaper one way, the next week its cheaper the other way.  SMH

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

However, Celebrity deducts nothing from your RS pricing if you tell them you don't need or want the amenities that come with the suite!

Yes, while you can actually take advantage of the wifi as you get 1 device with the RS,  1 device with the 4 PERKS, and 1 device with your loyalty status.  I've always wanted to try to see if the concierge would let me gift one of the surplus bev packages to someone else.   After all I have paid (or earned) each of them.

The Wifi if you didn't want to use all the devices yourself you actually could create separate accounts (logins) for surplus devices and pass that login info to someone else.   Probably against the rules but they would never know.

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes, while you can actually take advantage of the wifi as you get 1 device with the RS,  1 device with the 4 PERKS, and 1 device with your loyalty status.  I've always wanted to try to see if the concierge would let me gift one of the surplus bev packages to someone else.   After all I have paid (or earned) each of them.

The Wifi if you didn't want to use all the devices yourself you actually could create separate accounts (logins) for surplus devices and pass that login info to someone else.   Probably against the rules but they would never know.

I believe the RS internet package is for more than one device per person.  Four devices for two people if I recall correctly.