Check your August bookings

8 minutes ago, roger001 said:

That's total bull from either NCL or the reporting source.  August and Sept not happening.  Bermuda in August? 

A good way to try to temp some more folks into booking and loaning some interest free cash though right? A little leak here and little leak there...

35 minutes ago, roger001 said:

That's total bull from either NCL or the reporting source.  August and Sept not happening.  Bermuda in August? 

The website is assuming they've cancelled August because the sailings don't show, but they only quotes they have are from May statements from NCL. It's a misleading and badly written article to get some clicks.  

Edited by Nicky Mouse
grammar

On 6/14/2020 at 5:17 AM, Homestyle said:

I have a cruise booked on the Spirit out of Athens on the 23rd August. Payment is due today and keep getting email reminders.  I agree with all the above, I think there is zero chance of this now going ahead, although as an airline employee, I see from my Interline website that they have just released dates for staff to book numerous NCL cruses from 1st September.    Although I am not happy to give them any more money, question is, if I don't make final payment, as the cruise has not as yet been cancelled, am I in breach of contact and they can rightfully keep my deposit?

Yes they certainly do.   Being interline your fare is low-  but you may be ineligible for any bonus?    In my opinion-  being a nonrev also I’d just cancel today-  IF you booked under Interline?    Frankly-  these fared  haven’t been any deal compared to late booking and the ability to use Cruise Next.     

12 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Yes they certainly do.   Being interline your fare is low-  but you may be ineligible for any bonus?    In my opinion-  being a nonrev also I’d just cancel today-  IF you booked under Interline?    Frankly-  these fared  haven’t been any deal compared to late booking and the ability to use Cruise Next.     

No, I didn't book an Interline rate, I rarely do, as you still have to buy your drinks package ect. I just wait till I see a good deal direct, your can't generally beat it!  If I only get 

125% of the £200 deposit, I won't rebook for September as the price is 150% more than what I paid. If I got 125% if the total cost, I might consider it. I should have paid the final balance yesterday, but I am not prepared to give them my money and wait three months to get it back.

On 6/14/2020 at 5:17 AM, Homestyle said:

I have a cruise booked on the Spirit out of Athens on the 23rd August. Payment is due today and keep getting email reminders.  I agree with all the above, I think there is zero chance of this now going ahead, although as an airline employee, I see from my Interline website that they have just released dates for staff to book numerous NCL cruses from 1st September.    Although I am not happy to give them any more money, question is, if I don't make final payment, as the cruise has not as yet been cancelled, am I in breach of contact and they can rightfully keep my deposit?

If I'm using the word correctly- this is a conundrum.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 4:17 AM, Homestyle said:

According to my TA, if you cancel before they cancel the cruise then it's the FCC credit. If you go ahead and pay, and they cancel, then you get choice of cash or FCC.  I'm booked on Aug 2 and he's telling me to sit tight and wait on NCL to say something so that I can get cash refund.

3 minutes ago, Nicky Mouse said:

According to my TA, if you cancel before they cancel the cruise then it's the FCC credit. If you go ahead and pay, and they cancel, then you get choice of cash or FCC.  I'm booked on Aug 2 and he's telling me to sit tight and wait on NCL to say something so that I can get cash refund.

Actually, if you cancel prior to final payment, you get your deposit back, posted to your form of payment. Generally it's been a fairly quick transaction.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Actually, if you cancel prior to final payment, you get your deposit back, posted to your form of payment. Generally it's been a fairly quick transaction.  

Nope, not in the UK, deposits are non-refundable in our case!

48 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Nope, not in the UK, deposits are non-refundable in our case!

Yeah, sorry about that,  but the person I quoted is from Kansas, so it's accurate info for them.  I guess there's a reason why UK customers don't get deposits back.  Too bad really, especially in this case.  

Cheers

• Like 1