Check your August bookings

3 hours ago, Homestyle said:

I have just spoken to NCL. They were happy to take payment of final balance over the phone.  They said they are working on their website today...changes to itineraries etc and that's why there is an issued online.  They said that cruises in August are still on sale.

"Changes to itineraries"

Maybe they now have a better idea of what ports they can't sail to.   I'm up for a cruise to Harvest Caye, then a stop at GSC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

"Changes to itineraries"

Maybe they now have a better idea of what ports they can't sail to.   I'm up for a cruise to Harvest Caye, then a stop at GSC.

I just looked, I only saw one cruise for August....NY to Bermuda.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I hope it's not because of a failed CDC meeting...but the timing of it is suspect.  Especially if other lines are also showing as "sold out".  I just checked Celebrity and only one August 1 ship (Infinity) is showing as completely sold out.

That could just be how their IT handles web page changes.

29 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

Yes but that was to be expected...at least the Alaska cancellations. NCL should just go ahead and call the Alaska season....if they haven’t already. Hard to keep up. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

That is Canada and Europe cruises we already heard about days ago. 

Urm, I have a Canada cruise booking with NCL for Sept and haven't heard a thing - except the website now says it's on hold.

7 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

Urm, I have a Canada cruise booking with NCL for Sept and haven't heard a thing - except the website now says it's on hold.

This was no surprise i mean.  All sailings yes would be new news. 

9 hours ago, TSUmom said:

My August Alaska cruise now shows my cruise is on hold and payment is due.  I have read here on cc that has happened to people just before the cruise is canceled.  

Alaska is done for the season. Your cruise is not going even if NCL hasn't admitted it yet, because Canada is closed until 1-November.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sammee said:

This was supposed to be my first cruise, but after all the lying and smoke blown up my butt on the phone since March. There will not be a first or a last cruise with them after I finally can get my money that they held hostage.

No smoke. Have you looked outside since March?  Can you say for certain what will happen next week, let alone 2 months from now?  Neither can the cruise line. Everyone from your local dime store to Las Vegas wants to get back open and making money. Just because someone says they are closed doesn’t mean that they can really afford to be closed. Including Canada or all of the ports of call that rely on tourism. Yeah, you can take your business elsewhere, but every cruise line is in the same boat. They will all open the minute they are allowed to. And they will keep reservations active until they are 100% sure that they are being forced to cancel. It is all smart business. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Homestyle said:

They said they are working on their website today...changes to itineraries etc and that's why there is an issued online.  They said that cruises in August are still on sale.

Sure they are still on sale, does not mean they will sail.  Some get sale and sail confused.

32 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No smoke. Have you looked outside since March?  Can you say for certain what will happen next week, let alone 2 months from now?  Neither can the cruise line. Everyone from your local dime store to Las Vegas wants to get back open and making money. Just because someone says they are closed doesn’t mean that they can really afford to be closed. Including Canada or all of the ports of call that rely on tourism. Yeah, you can take your business elsewhere, but every cruise line is in the same boat. They will all open the minute they are allowed to. And they will keep reservations active until they are 100% sure that they are being forced to cancel. It is all smart business. 

Excuse me, but when they lie to you on the phone,  I put it nicely instead of calling them a bunch on thieves. This money they are holding isn't even the base cruise fare. It's taxes, grats and all the extras. My "free cruise" with $1700 extra out of my pocket is what they are holding. I know the situation. I'm not a new cruiser, but their customer service sucks. I really don't give a crap about losing my free cruise, but why do they have to hold my extra money and force a FCC. So because of their crap, I'm on the hook until August 9 is an official cancellation, than I can  just maybe get my out of pocket back.

• Like 2

A travel agent on another site shared this statement from NCL:

“With the current situation continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we are working to determine our next course of action. While we evaluate the opportunity to resume with sailings, we have temporarily frozen voyages that might be impacted should we need to delay sailing further. Please bear with us. We will make a decision shortly and will provide information as it becomes available.”

• Thanks 1