Good Bye Denmark Sailing

pixiedust777

The Celebrity website reflects the same information:

Thursday, June 11th, 2020 

Due to cruise terminal closures in Copenhagen, local government mandates and consultation with CLIA & the CAC, we have extended our global suspension for select sailings. 

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

The Celebrity website reflects the same information:

Thursday, June 11th, 2020 

Due to cruise terminal closures in Copenhagen, local government mandates and consultation with CLIA & the CAC, we have extended our global suspension for select sailings. 

It surely more ports than Copenhagen.

i have often had notification of a change of port before we have sailed,  yet the cruise hasn't been cancelled.

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

It surely more ports than Copenhagen.

i have often had notification of a change of port before we have sailed,  yet the cruise hasn't been cancelled.

That was my thought too. I wondered if this was simply a convenient opportunity for them to cancel the cruise for other reasons they aren't revealing. When you think of the number of ports cancelled for the New England/Canada cruises that they continued selling, but diverted to the Bahamas, missing Copenhagen is a pretty weak excuse for cancelling an entire cruise. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Fouremco said:

That was my thought too. I wondered if this was simply a convenient opportunity for them to cancel the cruise for other reasons they aren't revealing. When you think of the number of ports cancelled for the New England/Canada cruises that they continued selling, but diverted to the Bahamas, missing Copenhagen is a pretty weak excuse for cancelling an entire cruise. 

I'm not familiar with the schedules but it would make sense if CPH was either the origin or destination of the cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I'm not familiar with the schedules but it would make sense if CPH was either the origin or destination of the cruise.

Celebrity has no cruises that start or finish in Copenhagen.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, Fouremco said:

They either start in Amsterdam ( Reflection) or Southampton ( Silhouette).

Still not cancelled Silhouette August 1st to the Mediterranean, yet they have cancelled the August 15th to the Canaries .

Come on Celebrity, I want to claim my deposit from my credit card, as I had to cancel due to the requirement  of a Drs letter for the over 70’s.

9 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Still not cancelled Silhouette August 1st to the Mediterranean, yet they have cancelled the August 15th to the Canaries .

Come on Celebrity, I want to claim my deposit from my credit card, as I had to cancel due to the requirement  of a Drs letter for the over 70’s.

I still see the 15th as available - Confused

On 6/13/2020 at 11:28 PM, Fouremco said:

Then it makes absolutely no sense at all. Cruise lines cancel ports all the time and not scrap the entire cruise just because one stop isn't available. Excuses!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Then it makes absolutely no sense at all. Cruise lines cancel ports all the time and not scrap the entire cruise just because one stop isn't available. Excuses!

I agree no logic at all. I now expect all Silhouette cruises out of Southampton prior to this to be cancelled. It strengthens my argument the Apex will replace Silhouette for the late summer

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

As I said back in post #4, this appears to be a convenient - if not very plausible - excuse to cancel without revealing the real motivation. @gerelmx might well have the answer: it's cheaper to cancel than to do the cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, upwarduk said:

@upwarduk where did you see 15th Aug cancellled or is that just your assumption. I din't think any of the 4 cruises prior to the 19th Sept are suspended yet