Ncl gives a clearer picture of start in august.

seaman11

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

he did say that, it is part of the reason i didnt feel good about ncl this summer,  however isnt sept the 3rd quarter? 

Yes but he said LATE 3Q. So those thinking early September aren't beinging realistic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Do you have some inside knowledge of the CDC?  My expectation if they extend the no sail order that it will be a short extension so that cruising can resume before the election.

Do you have some inside knowledge?  Silly question to ask and then follow up with your own opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, beerman2 said:

Yep and Jacksonville one of the first beaches to open has now closed beaches/bars.

It will probably happen again statewide. I see going back to phase 1 in places that are in 2 now.

I have my beach rental in July and I have just received an odd notification.  "In the event restrictions are placed again my rental will be prorated" meaning I will have to leave as all services will be shut down.

Actually Miami is still in phase 1

No cruising this year, I bet 1st half of 2021 is gone as well.

Steve

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Yep and Jacksonville one of the first beaches to open has now closed beaches/bars.

i dont think jacksonville was one of the ports mentioned to start up , however florida opening things up in may was a bad idea.  they could be a little more patient , and im very upset they they may have ruined a aug/sept start. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

Is that on the leaked schedule of crew to return? If so then yes.

well i have said barring a covid setback, and what we are seeing out of texas/florida is a setback.  dumb  #$$#$# they have to be all over each other. couldnt open up slowly in june?   you give ppl an inch they take a mile. 

im so upset about this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It will probably happen again statewide. I see going back to phase 1 in places that are in 2 now.

I have my beach rental in July and I have just received an odd notification.  "In the event restrictions are placed again my rental will be prorated" meaning I will have to leave as all services will be shut down.

Actually Miami is still in phase 1

No cruising this year, I bet 1st half of 2021 is gone as well.

Steve

Watching for sure , I had a land based vacation planned in Late April on the Gulf side of Fla. cancelled.  Now rebooked for early October. 

I guess we will see how that works.

Announcement is coming from NCL tomorrow or Thursday.  Someone posted on FB that they tried to book an NCL cruise and was told they could not book pending the announcement.

We should have the definitive answer soon! 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i dont think jacksonville was one of the ports mentioned to start up , however florida opening things up in may was a bad idea.  they could be a little more patient , and im very upset they they may have ruined a aug/sept start. 

Its just starting.

Our Moose lodge is now having dances every Sunday night with almost a 100 people.

Elks lodge about 80 people.

We now have Bingo open. We have 50 tables. only 1 person/group/family per table. 

Our bars are packed on the weekend. Beaches are open now and its party city.

Our local park had a church picnic this past Sunday. 200+ people, but there were signs posted saying no groups larger than 10.

No one cares!!!!

Steve

Edited by mscdivina2016

Get out? Really? We have a place that closed a second time? I'm a little behind overall. This is scary.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcakes122 said:

Announcement is coming from NCL tomorrow or Thursday.  Someone posted on FB that they tried to book an NCL cruise and was told they could not book pending the announcement.

We should have the definitive answer soon! 🙂

the cdc meeting didnt go well im guessing, and texas and florida are having some covid set backs.  im very upset . but its not good news im afraid.  they could have opened slowly in june but no they had to make a statement and the local yokels were all over each other.  smh.  

well i have said barring a covid setback, and what we are seeing out of texas/florida is a setback.  dumb  #$$#$# they have to be all over each other. couldnt open up slowly in june?   you give ppl an inch they take a mile. 

im so upset about this. 

Agree that's why quarantine was in place , you can't trust people to police themselves. It's the age old saying "It won't happen to me". 

• Like 3

im so upset about this. 
And that could mess the rest of that did things right. Man they let politics open up too early instead of listening to science. I'm sure Florida will just blame NY again like they did a few months ago.

• Like 1

This is why I don't even want to cruise too early with the new "guidelines."  People are not going to follow them.  I actually anticipate fighting on the ships.  (Check YouTube - there have been fist fights on ships for lesser reasons.)  Even now there are situations where folks are getting seriously upset if someone enters a store or restaurant without a mask - people are calling police and getting all up in arms.

Can you imagine a few drunk folks not following guidelines, and some others making comments and confronting them -- and then the crew trying to mediate?  I see drinks and fists being thrown.

I'm more hesitant to cruise because of the mayhem I foresee than Covid.  LOL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

Agree that's why quarantine was in place , you can't trust people to police themselves. It's the age old saying "It won't happen to me". 

i was distancing myself at  an nc beach and mask in public hotel and such but i witnessed people misbehaving, maybe not as bad as i saw from pics and videos in texas and florida. but i agree with you , they need these closing for their own good, 

22 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Not cruising from Florida.  We hit our all time high on infections today. South FL another 500

Just wait till the kids go back to school in August, Colleges start. By late August early September we will be hitting new highs.

Lets not forget 4th of July!!!  So July 18th should be a big day.

Lets not Forget the 20,000 person rally coming up in Tulsa on Saturday, So 14 days later.........

No cruising in 2020 at all.

Just found out 2 of my cruises in February 2021 are now cancelled.

Steve

Oh no, they cancelled your Feb sailings.

That can't be good.  What ship?

9 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Actually it was May, June and July, so its inevitable next up is August. We all wish those wanting to sail NOW good luck.  There are just many uncertainties yet.

Cruiselines are only going to cancel a month at a time. 

Del Rio is on record as saying Late 3Q (September) or early 4Q ( October). You would think he had a much better idea of the timeframe.

Until the cruiselines come out with a definite date , all those articles are speculation just like everyone else is doing.

Other sources tell me that the announcement will come out tomorrow and that they had to tweak the itinerary on NCL website so some may be showing as open when indeed they will not.  Final discussion with the CDC has an effect on their "green" light since ships have to pass their requirements for passenger safety due to Covid- 19.

Now Travel Path both on their site and on FB have this to report.

Important Update June 16th:

Since publishing this article 48 hours ago, Norwegian Cruise Lines has pulled down ALL cruises until October 5th. We have reached out to NCL and are awaiting response to confirm if the August and September sailings are no longer availble. 

We have adjusted all information below to the new reopening dates listed on the NCL website.

Edited by ISLABONITA

2 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

This is why I don't even want to cruise too early with the new "guidelines."  People are not going to follow them.  I actually anticipate fighting on the ships.  (Check YouTube - there have been fist fights on ships for lesser reasons.)  Even now there are situations where folks are getting seriously upset if someone enters a store or restaurant without a mask - people are calling police and getting all up in arms.

Can you imagine a few drunk folks not following guidelines, and some others making comments and confronting them -- and then the crew trying to mediate?  I see drinks and fists being thrown.

I'm more hesitant to cruise because of the mayhem I foresee than Covid.  LOL

i would go assuming ppl will not behave.  like that lady at the beach that thought everyone would wear masks , (even though gov didnt enforce it ) she should stay home.  anyone that is going anywhere, just assume most ppl will do their own thing.  as many will.   

i dont blame you one bit, my dad is doing the same. 

5 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Jewel.  I was b2b2b but 2 are gone now.

Steve

i blame your gov if us sailing dont happen in aug. .  look at the numbers in northern va , where our gov is slow to reopen things.   much better than florida. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+covid+numbers&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS877US877&oq=florida+covid+numbers&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.5613j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.insidenova.com/news/special/coronavirus/no-new-covid-19-deaths-reported-in-northern-virginia/article_f77cfbb8-ae3c-11ea-be58-730a884d82c4.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Your state is good. Wish ours would have stayed shut down like South Korea.

I am disgusted with it all. I now have lost 8 cruises.  The only thing keeping me going is I feel confident my b2b2b2b in January of 2023 will happen. 

Steve

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Not cruising from Florida.  We hit our all time high on infections today. South FL another 500

Just wait till the kids go back to school in August, Colleges start. By late August early September we will be hitting new highs.

Lets not forget 4th of July!!!  So July 18th should be a big day.

Lets not Forget the 20,000 person rally coming up in Tulsa on Saturday, So 14 days later.........

No cruising in 2020 at all.

Just found out 2 of my cruises in February 2021 are now cancelled.

Steve

What? To much speculation...….

38 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

And that could mess the rest of that did things right. Man they let politics open up too early instead of listening to science. I'm sure Florida will just blame NY again like they did a few months ago.

No, the Florida government is incompetent.  Look at the cruise ships left floating with people that are USA citizens that needed help.  The Florida government made it a totally business and a non-humanitarian situation. Very sad and quite reprehensible.

It is still ongoing as proven by the currently reported data on the COVID19 cases.

I am sad for you.

Please be safe.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Your state is good. Wish ours would have stayed shut down like South Korea.

I am disgusted with it all. I now have lost 8 cruises.  The only thing keeping me going is I feel confident my b2b2b2b in January of 2023 will happen. 

Steve

Dont worry i lost 2 and soon to be 3 more at this pace.   Im in the same boat. And as a bonus i may have covid and no passport. 🤕