Aug & Sept

English-Greg

Just tried doing a booking for August and September.....nothing is available. Let’s you start the process but at the page “where are you, vifp#”, comes back saying no availability. Tried October and all is good. Thinking there is bad news to come!

3 minutes ago, English-Greg said:

Just tried doing a booking for August and September.....nothing is available. Let’s you start the process but at the page “where are you, vifp#”, comes back saying no availability. Tried October and all is good. Thinking there is bad news to come!

I tried it too and makes me think that they are about to cancel through September like NCL

Just spoke to one of my closest friends who is a Carnival CC (30 years), I am also a past Carnival crew member; she said they were directed late yesterday no more bookings for August or September due to over capacity.  She said the last two weeks have been the highest number of bookings she has ever seen.  She says that’s all she knows, but anything can happen.  They can book October forward only.  She and I have a 60th birthday booking for October 2nd... but who knows 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruisin from vegas said:

Just spoke to one of my closest friends who is a Carnival CC (30 years), I am also a past Carnival crew member; she said they were directed late yesterday no more bookings for August or September due to over capacity.  She said the last two weeks have been the highest number of bookings she has ever seen.  She says that’s all she knows, but anything can happen.  They can book October forward only.  She and I have a 60th birthday booking for October 2nd... but who knows 

I was able to book the first leg of my B2B 2 hours ago for Sept. 3rd, already had the second leg booked and decided to add on to it.  So, your friend is saying that the cruises are not cancelled, just full?  

3 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

I sure hope you are correct. I only just booked last night after being cancelled next month. 

1 minute ago, English-Greg said:

I sure hope you are correct. I only just booked last night after being cancelled next month. 

I just booked the first leg of our B2B 2 hours ago.  Had the second leg booked a couple of weeks ago,  The first cruise was supposed to be on NCL and when they canceled, added a Carnival cruise to complete the B2B.  So I think we should know something by the end of the week????

Yes, my friend (this a close friend over 35 years, college roommate) said that is what they were told yesterday. “Bookings were pulled” (her words) for August and September (maybe a few exceptions) due to “capacity restrictions “.  That’s what they are saying so far

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

Yes, my friend (this a close friend over 35 years, college roommate) said that is what they were told yesterday. “Bookings were pulled” (her words) for August and September (maybe a few exceptions) due to “capacity restrictions “.  That’s what they are saying so far

Did your friend give any indication of future cancellations?  Or are they just "full"?

4 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

^^^^^ This! This is what we have speculated about for the past 2 weeks. Now there is at least some 'not confirmed' report that this is the case. Sorry c.f.v., no insult intended. And I agree with what you say, for the record. 

• Like 1

She has not been informed of any cancellations as of now.  Only they have to stop most bookings before October 1 due to capacity.  She said of course they could get a whole different directive tomorrow, or anytime.  But this is what they have directed as of today.  She said the last two weeks she could have worked 24/7, lots of re-bookings of course but just as many completely new bookings.  People are ready to cruise.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

We need to make final payment in Mid July for our October cruise, I so don't want to lend my money.

Our final payment for our September cruise is due by Sunday.  Been waiting until the last minute to see what happens.  Like you, we don't want to send them another $1,600 for a cruise that will probably be cancelled.  Will probably wait until Friday and if they have not cancelled by then, just call and have our deposit amount transferred to one of our cruises for next year.

4 hours ago, cruisin from vegas said:

Hah, Oct 2 is my 60th birthday, I'm booked on the Panorama for the 9/26 sailing for the week......I have a bad feeling it will be cancelled but there's a glimmer of hope?  The other day someone booked on the same cruise called Carnival and was told our cruise was closed for new bookings once it got to 60% capacity.  But NCL's announcement puts a new spin on things 😞

Edited by LibratPDX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisin from vegas said:

She has not been informed of any cancellations as of now.  Only they have to stop most bookings before October 1 due to capacity.  She said of course they could get a whole different directive tomorrow, or anytime.  But this is what they have directed as of today.  She said the last two weeks she could have worked 24/7, lots of re-bookings of course but just as many completely new bookings.  People are ready to cruise.  

All cruises out of every port, just seems off.  I think our end of October cruises will be one of the first or cancelled entirely.

1 minute ago, wesorbeth said:

All cruises out of every port, just seems off.  I think our end of October cruises will be one of the first or cancelled entirely.

You have to keep in mind that their plan is to start with very limited sailings. Only 8 ships with limited capacity on each one, and demand for these early cruises is high. They could very easily sell out. So it's not necessarily "all cruises out of every port." I think they're only starting with two or three ports, something like that.

• Like 1