Check your booking: Seaside bookings for 2021 changed to Meraviglia

js

18 hours ago, Nymich said:

I had heard from a source that Seaside was leaving Miami and I posted here two weeks ago and got two responses saying not true.

Seaside will start Port Canaveral November 1st and stay through March 21st when the Divina will take her place starting with the March 28th sailing. They did just confirm that Divina is still scheduled for her drydock in November.

Bret

12 minutes ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

Here in Brazil our pre-paid Christmas MSC Grandiosa cruise with Cirque du Soleil has just been replaced with MSC Seaview, which we've already done a couple of times. Cancelling will incur a 10% fee! 😡 They are refusing to refund 100%

Unfortunately most country's Terms and Conditions clearly state vessel changes are not a cause for cancellation or compensation.  If you were booked in a Duplex suite you might have some leverage.  Personally, the Cirque shows are pretty much the acrobatic aspect of the regular shows moved to a new venue and for an extra charge.  I much prefer the Seaside class to Meraviglia class. 

1 hour ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Seaside will start Port Canaveral November 1st and stay through March 21st when the Divina will take her place starting with the March 28th sailing. They did just confirm that Divina is still scheduled for her drydock in November.

Bret

Thx  i guess my source was right

53 minutes ago, Até said:

Unfortunately most country's Terms and Conditions clearly state vessel changes are not a cause for cancellation or compensation.  If you were booked in a Duplex suite you might have some leverage.  Personally, the Cirque shows are pretty much the acrobatic aspect of the regular shows moved to a new venue and for an extra charge.  I much prefer the Seaside class to Meraviglia class. 

thanks Até,

Still sad because we were looking forward to a new ship and Cirque! but, T&C are T&C!!! We'll take the 10% loss.

48 minutes ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

We'll take the 10% loss.

Not that the situation is all that great here in the US, based on the corona virus situation in South America I can't blame you for wanting to cancel.  Perhaps MSC would cancel by your final payment date?

50 minutes ago, Até said:

Not that the situation is all that great here in the US, based on the corona virus situation in South America I can't blame you for wanting to cancel.  Perhaps MSC would cancel by your final payment date?

This should be a full refund.  Poor move by msc

51 minutes ago, Até said:

There's no pay a deposit and then pay by final payment date here in Brazil. When you book, you pass your creditcard and pay! You can pay by creditcard installments or by giving 10 cheques. They insist on taking our cash in advance! 🙂 They will offer 100% for future cruise... but they won't announce 2021 cruises until late fall, that's spring for us! 

• Thanks 1

Got an email this morning with an "upgrade" for our November Seaside cruise to the Meraviglia with an assigned cabin number. We were booked in the YC on Seaside and we are still in the same category on the Meraviglia so I do not see an "upgrade".

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, eli&coco said:

Got an email this morning with an "upgrade" for our November Seaside cruise to the Meraviglia with an assigned cabin number. We were booked in the YC on Seaside and we are still in the same category on the Meraviglia so I do not see an "upgrade".

The MSC US website's cancellation page is a bit unclear about what happens to Seaside bookings.  There is another thread that has better information, I linked below.  YC booking will only get $100 on board credit.  Was your itinerary one of the ones significantly changed?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2753582-seaside-coming-to-port-canaveral/

I have the opposite problem.  We are booked on our FIRST MSC trip on Nov 3 on Meraviglila for a 5 day.  Now I see a 7 day cruise on Nov 7 and can't find my cruise. 
I have heard NOTHING from MSC, I found this out a few minutes ago in a post here on CC. 

If you hear an angry old man screaming and cussing; it's me talking to MSC.  

Unless they talk reallllly nice I'll be telling MSC to stuff it and go back to Celebrity. 

We booked the same cabin for 4 cruises back to back on Seaside in January and February 2021.  Booked them long ago because we need an accessible cabin.  MSC switched us to non-handicap on Meraviglia.  What are they thinking!  Of course, we will cancel.  But I am deeply disappointed in them.

Edited by gadaboutgal

On 6/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, JohnJayJotaJames said:

Here in Brazil our pre-paid Christmas MSC Grandiosa cruise with Cirque du Soleil has just been replaced with MSC Seaview, which we've already done a couple of times. Cancelling will incur a 10% fee! 😡 They are refusing to refund 100%

We are in Brazil too (MT) and booked on Preziosa in December. I checked this morning and all the booking appears to be the same.

I'm wondering if the ships will arrive here at all if the pandemic doesn't peak here soon.

Balance due in October.