Come sail with me on a virtual cruise on Majestic Princess to Fiji!

ellie1145

9 minutes ago, winifred said:

We might meet up with you as we go to all the trivia too, infact on  our last cruise there were lots of Americans on board and they had an "American trivia " we won it, well my husband did,  much to everyone's amusement! 

Love a sea day!!  some relaxing on deck with a cocktail or two reading my book looking at the ocean then heading to a zumba or dance class! Great pictures of the evening show another thing I love, my husband enjoys them too as  he always has a nap no matter how loud the show is! 

We will look out for you Winifred. Pretty smart to win an American trivia- well done to your husband!

Glad you have your day all planned out. That’s the beauty of cruising. You can be lazy, be active or anything in between. 

The show was pretty loud Winifred, but I did notice your DH snoozing in the corner! How does he do that? 🤣

Today’s Trivia Questions.

Of course, there can be no using phones or iPads or internet.... no cheating.. but here are a couple of questions for you to think over.

1.  What taste are cats unable to detect?

2.   What is methyphobia?

3.   Who lives at 4 Privet Drive?

4.   What is the oldest recorded recipe?  (Now there are several answers for this but as quizmaster I will have the ultimate decision on which one is right...🤣)

There will, of course, be a prize for the person who is first with the answers.

25 minutes ago, winifred said:

Harry Potter lives at 4 Privet drive Husband the trivia fiend is at golf otherwise "my team"   would know the rest without google! 🤣

Well done, Winifred! 

Winifred, he’s only on Deck 19 playing crazy golf so think you should go and get him ASAP! I’ll save your sun lounger...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

ellie1145;  how far from southampton cruise port do you live?

We are 27 miles away, just 48 minutes by car on the M27 motorway. I guess you’ve visited Southampton on your travels?

Strangely enough we never normally pick up a ship from Southampton, don’t like the Bay of Biscay and the English Channel, both of which can be rough.  Although they can also be smooth as a millpond. However, the weather can also be poor for a couple of days before you hit the Med. and we like to step straight into the sun.

We once did a British cruise to the Mediterranean and as we rounded the Isle of Wight, soon after we left Southampton, we hit a Force 11 gale. We limped across the Bay of Biscay, it took several days to reach Gibraltar, which we then had to miss.

So up till now we have always flown to America or wherever. 

But now? Who knows? Maybe Southampton is looking more appealing! Can’t imagine visiting Florida for some time to come, sadly.

Edited by ellie1145

I know about the rough seas. Did a trip out of there a few years ago and like you mentioned; once we cleared the Bay of Biscay and were in Atlantic Ocean;  it was rough for one day.  Once we got to Portugal the seas calmed down; and for the rest of the trip it was smooth.

• Like 1

Explore New Adventures Onboard

So what do we have in store today for all you Cruising Adventurers?

Well, if you like to keep fit there is Zumba, Line Dancing and ballroom dancing in the Piazza.

If you want to learn something there is a Destination Presentation: The Fijian Islands, one on The Power of Picasso, an Advanced Digital Photography Seminar, and a South Pacific Enrichment Presentation: The Headhunters.

There’s lots to make and do from a Hoop-La Challenge to an Egg Drop Challenge, Arts and Crafts with Gareth: Animal Magazine Art, Princess POP Choir Rehearsal, Dicey Wooden Horse Racing, Ukulele for Beginners, Water Colours @Sea: Open Painting,  Fun in the Sun Pool Games, and of course, BINGO!

Of course, there are movies under the stars, today it’s ‘Missing Link,‘ followed by ‘Poms,’ and this evening there is Rugby World Cup Quarter Finals Live, Japan vs South Africa.

But don’t forget that most amazing of sales, the $15 event in the Symphony Dining Room, where you can buy souvenirs of all the places you have never been to, and are never likely to visit, clothes that, as Julie Andrews said in the Sound of Music, even the poor didn’t want, or an evening bag which doesn’t match any of your formal outfits, but might do one day if you ever buy a shocking pink evening gown covered in sequins!

And if all that isn’t enough for you, there is plenty of live music all over the ship.

Now I have to admit that, sadly, I missed Acupuncture for Pain, Advanced Facial Rejuvenation, 5 Steps to a Younger You, Burn Fat Faster, Relieving Back Pain and Walking in Comfort complimentary seminars.

So regrettably my DH will have to put up with me moaning about back pain, looking ever more ancient, getting increasingly fat, and experiencing discomfort when I walk. Oh dear..... I really must do better! 

44 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I know about the rough seas. Did a trip out of there a few years ago and like you mentioned; once we cleared the Bay of Biscay and were in Atlantic Ocean;  it was rough for one day.  Once we got to Portugal the seas calmed down; and for the rest of the trip it was smooth.

It certainly can be a rough one, although we have crossed both the Bay of Biscay and the Atlantic with no problems. But up till now we haven’t felt it worth the risk.

Very interesting no one has commented on your dream. Sounds spot on with cruise ships currently having skeleton crews onboard. I know some cruise ship personnel have opted to stay onboard without pay during the pandemic. Fortunately the cruise line has enabled that policy - for the time being.

• Like 1

Crooners Bar

5ADD0F37-D6D4-46B5-A506-BDDF06B95585.thumb.jpeg.a2aaf6a5c2b0e8211b1d9c651d6de8f7.jpeg

19C44232-EEA9-4EBB-8A92-F149630360B7.thumb.jpeg.58ba2260b4d5a5abd3bc85f1c6cd1351.jpeg

So let’s start in the very beautiful Crooners Bar which is midships on deck 6 and accessed from the atrium, or from the Theatre.

This seating area is outside Crooners, and is really sparkly.

1730298F-168E-4942-8E62-EF39AE59AE28.thumb.jpeg.7bd48e7c98b13eccf9882e408e7b642b.jpeg

D4F9F162-4EEA-4902-9ADF-95993FCF8570.thumb.jpeg.b1e273937d0f5e5723601ef446759a2f.jpeg

When in Chinese waters, this lounge is the VIP Gaming Lounge. Because the Chinese like to shop and gamble, the ship is slightly different when catering for the Asian market.

This beautiful lounge is a bit of an enigma as, for us, it doesn’t work as well as most Crooners Lounges onboard other ships. For a start it seems to be chopped up into areas which are screened off from each other, presumably as this fits the needs of a gaming room more.

Our favourite seats

789814F8-7E26-4DC5-8224-0570A1A747CD.thumb.jpeg.8ce98a6fedd25c93670fc66ba31989ae.jpeg

59A244C5-0D2B-4446-8E9E-6164875DA37E.thumb.jpeg.3c60ec3eae49456d7a6d5da67cc3eaaf.jpeg

If you look up into the ceiling you will see the numerous CCT cameras which are obviously needed when it is a gambling centre.

9F003D04-E62C-4673-853C-1F831A9FC1F6.thumb.jpeg.364d5be500f03ffffcc5e09bda5a4621.jpeg

A07B2765-6A0F-4F49-9EEE-40664005F459.thumb.jpeg.0cd3d7bbb3d845c2ee51fdf0d72fcb5e.jpeg

Its décor is beautiful and it has some lovely comfortable chairs, but it is a bit of a ‘walk through’ from the theatre, and when there is a pianist playing it is really distracting when crowds of people walk past talking loudly.

CE7A20BA-6F30-46F4-BE1F-FA699FCBAB88.thumb.jpeg.c3637c62a62d3016c36f2d163e6e7737.jpeg

07B4EF57-536A-484D-BB40-714277F60663.thumb.jpeg.be27ddeb06451d00d3831c861b90934d.jpeg

0802E754-901B-4795-8B29-2FC9202DE93B.thumb.jpeg.6609e34d000ec1474ad72483f1c60806.jpeg

539DE22C-0D39-4CCB-A66B-CD30DDAB7E07.thumb.jpeg.39f62e51ad0e9faf0b86980e6575f3b1.jpeg

We often spend time in here in the late evening when the wonderful Rudi Douglas is singing and playing at the grand piano next to the bar. It is disappointing to see so few people sitting enjoying his repertoire, as he is an excellent pianist and singer.

511C2E90-110D-47AF-8894-555A36D5606D.thumb.jpeg.20dd8e1fb373784ed721171f8acdf3a2.jpeg

5FE6555B-207D-4AE3-8670-29A7EF0DB11B.thumb.jpeg.8b2b21c3036d25e302c83d092bb6156d.jpeg

‘This is Me’ from one of my favourite movies, The Greatest Showman.

ellie1145 We have to have a cocktail tonight in the lovely crooners bar or somewhere on board we are teachers, love cruising,holidays in the USA and  love the greatest showman too!,

I agree he was very good, at this is me! We could recreate the scene in the film after a few cocktails ? 

• Like 1

Progressive Trivia

A5DAC255-AEC7-47FE-90C7-AEFED191CA61.thumb.jpeg.271ffd5f39fcbb84e4d99d55e3d34007.jpeg

It’s a sea day, and approaching 12.30, so that means Day 2 of our Cruise Long Progressive Trivia with Gareth in Princess Live.

We get there a bit early and manage to acquire our favourite seats on the left hand side, which can be moved around. Our team mates arrive, and we wait impatiently to hear the answers to yesterday’s quiz. 

He returns our papers, and we see that we have 18/20, a pretty good score. 

Here are the two questions that stumped us:

1.  Chelonia Midas is the scientific name of what marine animal?

2.   What is in the middle of Venezuela? (Don’t overthink this one, we did!) 🥴

We sit and chat for a while after the trivia is over, and then go for a walk round the deck. We need to get some exercise before afternoon tea!

Then it’s back to the cabin for a chance to read and watch a movie, and before we know it, it’s time for guess what, Afternoon Trivia in the Vista Gaming Lounge!

Where does the time go?

Our Trivia mates are ready and waiting, over by the window in a lovely circular area of seating. We have time to chat before our quizmaster arrives.  

WOW! That definitely was a nightmare and the worst part is we are all living through it with you. With the new and improved Princess mattresses, we should all be having absolutely  wonderful visions of all the destinations on our bucket lists ... maybe tonight!

What a wonderful day I had yesterday, floating around in the Conservatory pool, attending the enrichment lecture  and the destination talk. Of course I needed down time with a good book, listening to the lulling sound of the ocean on the balcony.  Listening to Rudi on the piano in Crooners was a relaxing was to end the evening.

After looking over the Patter for today, I see a couple of things I should do -- The Advanced Facial Rejuvenation ( but I think it might be too late) and Burn the Fat Faster ( but what if they tell me I have to avoid the delicious rolls and butter or the decadent desserts!) no way!  Maybe I will pop into trivia,... have you room on your team for one more...

Gail

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

In the middle of Venezuela ...

is it   Z

Hooray! You got it! 

We overthought it and were trying to think of something geographical when really it was quite simple! 🤣

21 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

WOW! That definitely was a nightmare and the worst part is we are all living through it with you. With the new and improved Princess mattresses, we should all be having absolutely  wonderful visions of all the destinations on our bucket lists ... maybe tonight!

What a wonderful day I had yesterday, floating around in the Conservatory pool, attending the enrichment lecture  and the destination talk. Of course I needed down time with a good book, listening to the lulling sound of the ocean on the balcony.  Listening to Rudi on the piano in Crooners was a relaxing was to end the evening.

After looking over the Patter for today, I see a couple of things I should do -- The Advanced Facial Rejuvenation ( but I think it might be too late) and Burn the Fat Faster ( but what if they tell me I have to avoid the delicious rolls and butter or the decadent desserts!) no way!  Maybe I will pop into trivia,... have you room on your team for one more...

Gail

Yes, for now the nightmare never ends. But we can forget about all that, we have the islands to look forward too. (I’m afraid I couldn’t sleep last night and my brain ran away with me, so as soon as I woke I had to write it down.) 

Glad you had a great day yesterday, the pool was lovely wasn’t it? Nothing like the sound of the ocean to float all your cares away. And Rudi was in top form as usual. 

I think I am a lost cause as far as facial rejuvenation is concerned, and as you say, I’m definitely not forgoing the wonderful freshly baked rolls, or the scones, jam and cream, or the soufflés, or the soups, or the desserts to burn fat faster..... oh dear, I definitely am a lost cause! 😉

Yes, come and join us, always room for another trivia member.

1 hour ago, winifred said:

ellie1145 We have to have a cocktail tonight in the lovely crooners bar or somewhere on board we are teachers, love cruising,holidays in the USA and  love the greatest showman too!,

I agree he was very good, at this is me! We could recreate the scene in the film after a few cocktails ? 

That’s a great idea, Winifred! As I rarely drink it will only take one cocktail to have me up on the table singing and dancing.... you have been warned!

Crooners it is! See you there. 😉

• Haha 1

I am so enjoying your review.  I'm only on page 7, but thought I would let you know you have another reader!! The last time we were in Singapore was just this last February.  We were on a B2B cruise on the Sapphire and our 2nd leg was cancelled.  Princess put us up in the Fairmont Hotel for 3 nights until we could get a flight back to the US.  This was our third time in Singapore and it is one of our favorite cities.  Is the hotel you stayed in the Holiday Inn?  Lovely hotel.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

Yes, for now the nightmare never ends. But we can forget about all that, we have the islands to look forward too. (I’m afraid I couldn’t sleep last night and my brain ran away with me, so as soon as I woke I had to write it down.) 

Ellie, you have dreams that are so relevant to the times, you should keep on with them.  Who knows, you might come up with a way to produce a vaccine and then we'd all be coming to Hampshire!

I got the Z in Venezuala too, as you helped a great deal by your advice to not overthink.  Cats can't taste sweets.  wish dogs couldn't either....................Our beagle can smell chocolate a mile away.  We're always thinking of getting her a job at the airport, so she could use her grand nose for contraband!  Then we could cruise more often, you see.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 1

Did anyone respond to the rest of the questions? I did see a reply on Harry Potter's address.

Cats ( I am told by our vet) do not taste sweet flavored food. Sugar and other sweets are barely tasted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I am so enjoying your review.  I'm only on page 7, but thought I would let you know you have another reader!! The last time we were in Singapore was just this last February.  We were on a B2B cruise on the Sapphire and our 2nd leg was cancelled.  Princess put us up in the Fairmont Hotel for 3 nights until we could get a flight back to the US.  This was our third time in Singapore and it is one of our favorite cities.  Is the hotel you stayed in the Holiday Inn?  Lovely hotel.

H there, CruzinNoony! Lovely to have you onboard.

Our hotel was the Holiday Inn Atrium, and we have stayed there 3 times now, and we really like it. 

Sorry to hear that the second leg of your Sapphire cruise was cancelled. Must have been pretty scary for you. We haven’t been on Sapphire, but they are all lovely ships, especially because the balconies are so much bigger.

Hope you enjoy the rest of our adventure. 

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Ellie, you have dreams that are so relevant to the times, you should keep on with them.  Who knows, you might come up with a way to produce a vaccine and then we'd all be coming to Hampshire!

I got the Z in Venezuala too, as you helped a great deal by your advice to not overthink.  Cats can't taste sweets.  wish dogs couldn't either....................Our beagle can smell chocolate a mile away.  We're always thinking of getting her a job at the airport, so she could use her grand nose for contraband!  Then we could cruise more often, you see.

If only, TeaBag. We really could do with a bit of luck soon, and a vaccine is so desperately needed. 

I’m afraid the dream was pure fiction, but if I do have a dream that leads to the production of a vaccine then you will be the first to know! 😉

Well done with Venezuela! We totally missed the point and got tied up in all sorts of things that were wrong. You are correct about the cats, too!

Dogs are so clever, aren’t they? I saw a programme that said they could identify people with Covid so they would be very useful at airports. What a good idea about getting your dog a job at the airport. 🤣

37 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Did anyone respond to the rest of the questions? I did see a reply on Harry Potter's address.

Cats ( I am told by our vet) do not taste sweet flavored food. Sugar and other sweets are barely tasted.

Nobody has managed all four answers Loucat.

But you are correct about Harry Potter and the cats.  I didn’t know that unfortunately, hence we failed that question. At least it means cats won’t steal our chocolate!