Majestic Princess & Sapphire Princess

I read elsewhere that Majestic Princess and Sapphire Princess will not be operating in Australia after 2021, but going back to US of A. Anyone else heard that? Or is it fake news?

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I read elsewhere that Majestic Princess and Sapphire Princess will not be operating in Australia after 2021, but going back to US of A. Anyone else heard that? Or is it fake news?

I read the same thing yesterday! ☹️ So, what will Princess leave us with? Hopefully something ‘half decent’!! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😳

5 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

I read the same thing yesterday! ☹️ So, what will Princess leave us with? Hopefully something ‘half decent’!! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😳

The old faithfuls, Sun Princess and Sea Princess, perhaps they will reincarnate ye olde Dawn Princess from P&O Straya.

Giving us the 3 'old maids' again.  I think the parent company Carnival is fearful of the impact of the Diamond and Ruby incidents, i.e. not being able to fill those big ships like Majestic and Sapphire in this region.😬

Edited by NSWP

Princess often moves ships around.

We could get Regal Princess or one of the other Royal Class ships.

There is a rumour that Island Princess is coming here, homeporting in Melbourne.

Pacific Princess might come back again. 

I've heard the 21/22 season itineraries will be released around 15th July.

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The old faithfuls, Sun Princess and Sea Princess, perhaps they will reincarnate ye olde Dawn Princess from P&O Straya.

Giving us the 3 'old maids' again.  I think the parent company Carnival is fearful of the impact of the Diamond and Ruby incidents, i.e. not being able to fill those big ships like Majestic and Sapphire in this region.😬

Sapphire isn't that big, she's the same size as Diamond which was very popular here, and smaller than Ruby or Emerald.

Princess released a month ago the itinerary for Sapphire to do Antarctica 21/22.  We have Coral Princess listed on the Melbourne Ports website to replace her.

Hopefully if the new season itineraries come out in mid July it will calm us down.  (Me anyway)  I would like to think that Princess have some insight into the opening of borders and the bubble.  All the government announcements give us is maybes and possibilities and then change their minds daily.

Saw somewhere that Boris has announced that the UK is opening up to international visitors from some countries.  Didn't say if this included cruise ships starting up again.  Even if the cruise lines could do some cruises anywhere in the world it would give them some income.  CMV had its financing knocked by by Barclays.  Not good.

I suspect the governments are giving the same maybes and possibilities, and then changing their minds, to the cruise lines as well.

But I don't think they'll even consider allowing cruise ships until the Ruby enquiry concludes.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sapphire isn't that big, she's the same size as Diamond which was very popular here, and smaller than Ruby or Emerald.

Love sapphire, did back to back on her in 2018, Baltic’s and Scandinavia. Not been on majestic, but been on royal, much prefer sapphire.

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Love sapphire, did back to back on her in 2018, Baltic’s and Scandinavia. Not been on majestic, but been on royal, much prefer sapphire.

I haven't been on Sapphire but have been on Diamond and much prefer her to Royal or Majestic. I don't like the Royal Class ships. They're just too big. The Wheelhouse Bar has been reduced to a small area in front of the Crown Grill in a high traffic area. Crooners has lost its charm as much of the entertainment occurs in the Piazza area at the bottom of the atrium - on Majestic it's even worse as it's a popup Crooners and just doesn't work. 

We're booked to go on Sapphire in September but I am assuming that cruise won't happen so I guess I won't get to cruise on her.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess often moves ships around.

We could get Regal Princess or one of the other Royal Class ships.

There is a rumour that Island Princess is coming here, homeporting in Melbourne.

Pacific Princess might come back again. 

I've heard the 21/22 season itineraries will be released around 15th July.

Ooohhh....would love both the Island & Pacific, everything is 🤞. Very glad to see a possible release date for 21/22. Want to move an April 21 cruise to later next year, just waiting on some itineraries! Vicki. 😁

4 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Ooohhh....would love both the Island & Pacific, everything is 🤞. Very glad to see a possible release date for 21/22. Want to move an April 21 cruise to later next year, just waiting on some itineraries! Vicki. 😁

I was wrong, it's Coral that could be coming to Melbourne according to Ondine. I get mixed up between those two.

I'm waiting to move a Sept 21 cruise to early 22.

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We also love the Sapphire. Did Singapore to Southampton in 2018. Absolutely amazing cruise & would do that itinerary again in a heart beat! Not a fan of Majestic, just too big for us. 😌

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I was wrong, it's Coral that could be coming to Melbourne according to Ondine. I get mixed up between those two.

I'm waiting to move a Sept 21 cruise to early 22.

Coral, that would be awesome also! 🤞😀

38 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

What next.... rowboats..... not sounding good is Australia going to be abandoned by the Carnival Corp   or just Princess...... Can we have the Golden back ????

Cheers Don

Don't panic, Princess has 17 ships in the current fleet with two more on the way. I'm sure they'll be able to spare a few for us ... unless our governments are playing hardball, trying to kill off the cruise market.

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't panic, Princess has 17 ships in the current fleet with two more on the way. I'm sure they'll be able to spare a few for us ... unless our governments are playing hardball, trying to kill off the cruise market.

It was somewhat tongue in cheek..... Is Don't Panic in friendly letters   LOL

Really as long as Princess bases something which floats in Melbourne I will be happy

Cheers Don

• Like 1

13 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

What next.... rowboats..... not sounding good is Australia going to be abandoned by the Carnival Corp   or just Princess...... Can we have the Golden back ????

Cheers Don

You can have it at P&O.

8 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

You can have it at P&O.

Interestingly after the was moving to P&O was announced .... looked at prices

in fact dearer than when she was a princess ship.......

Also there will by a water slide..... ship do not have water slides  only water parks do.

Cheers Don  

20 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Also there will by a water slide..... ship do not have water slides  only water parks do.

Cheers Don  

A different demographic sails on P&O Australia ships. Very popular with the little tackers. I cannot see them being popular on Princess.

26 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Interestingly after the was moving to P&O was announced .... looked at prices

in fact dearer than when she was a princess ship.......

Cheers Don  

Do you remember the old Pacific Sun (it would just be a rust bucket now) but it had a water slide going back more than 15 years ago.   A rather large guy from our dinner table went on it (plus DH) and it was very funny to watch.

Yes, I am all for a cruise ship from Melbourne.   Don't care where it goes in Australian waters but around Port Philip Bay for 2 weeks is OK also.   Love the Bay - can pull in at Geelong, Portsea, Sorrento, Mornington - anywhere you like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

It was somewhat tongue in cheek..... Is Don't Panic in friendly letters   LOL

Really as long as Princess bases something which floats in Melbourne I will be happy

Cheers Don

Of course Don't Panic was in friendly letters. 😊

I can't see Princess abandoning the Aust/NZ market unless the governments make it impossible for cruise ships to operate down here. This region is too popular, not only with locals but with overseas cruisers as well although the latter might have to wait a while before they can cruise here again. 

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Of course Don't Panic was in friendly letters. 😊

I can't see Princess abandoning the Aust/NZ market unless the governments make it impossible for cruise ships to operate down here. This region is too popular, not only with locals but with overseas cruisers as well although the latter might have to wait a while before they can cruise here again. 

As long as there is some competition in the local market . We don’t want P&O Australia to have it on their own again .

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yep, its not fake news its true 😞.

Sapphire Princess and Majestic Princess are not coming back down under in the 2021/22 cruise season:

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-cruises-pulls-majestic-princess-from-the-australian-2021-22-season/?fbclid=IwAR2_FyprC6R2Ek0Ibb-olKOqd37HOfp86_is1eLJ6epRoh6Gj3ZYnC3oR_U