No bookings for rest of 2020

Eli_6

I have been looking at rebooking over the last few days.  I noticed yesterday that there were no more bookings for the rest of 2020...to/from anywhere...on the Carnival website.  Earliest I can book is January.  I can't remember when the last time I looked was, but I think it was within the last week.  Any idea if this means no more cruises for the rest of 2020? Or are they just sailing half full? This is a little worrisome for me. 

Sorry if this is old news to me.  It was news to me.  

11 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

As of now there are still November and December departures listed for the Vista.  I didn't check any other ships.

Vista and freedom are both sold out for oct according to a travel site I called. Out of Galveston. 

My booking for freedom oct 4th is still a go he tells me. ... though I doubt it. Just sold out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Vista and freedom are both sold out for oct according to a travel site I called. Out of Galveston. 

My booking for freedom oct 4th is still a go he tells me. ... though I doubt it. Just sold out.

The "sold out" category....historically on Carnival...since Covid....means the cruise will be canceled.

Very early this morning there was a notice on the Carnival website that said something like "Cruises that are shown as available are actually not available".  That notice is now gone so I cannot post it.

Disclaimer before I get flamed and insulted:  Like everyone here, I really want (and need) to get back onboard a ship.  When I post "negatively" it's based on an educated opinion and educated opinions of others that I know, not what I want.  Based on something I heard this morning from a reliable source....I doubt ships will sail in 2020.  Again....this is being rational and objective.

I really wish "others" had taken covid as seriously as I did from Day 1.....and we'd all be in a better place.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well, now the Dream, Vista, Pan, etc. are all showing up for me for October, November, December, etc. so it seems it was just all a website issue.  Sorry for jumping to conclusions about cancellations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

Well, now the Dream, Vista, Pan, etc. are all showing up for me for October, November, December, etc. so it seems it was just all a website issue.  Sorry for jumping to conclusions about cancellations.

Vista is only showing for November 21 & 28th.   7th & 14th not showing...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The "sold out" category....historically on Carnival...since Covid....means the cruise will be canceled.

Very early this morning there was a notice on the Carnival website that said something like "Cruises that are shown as available are actually not available".  That notice is now gone so I cannot post it.

Disclaimer before I get flamed and insulted:  Like everyone here, I really want (and need) to get back onboard a ship.  When I post "negatively" it's based on an educated opinion and educated opinions of others that I know, not what I want.  Based on something I heard this morning from a reliable source....I doubt ships will sail in 2020.  Again....this is being rational and objective.

I really wish "others" had taken covid as seriously as I did from Day 1.....and we'd all be in a better place.

I think it was just a website error because now they are showing up for me.

I, too, wish people would have taken this seriously initially.  Heck, in Texas, there is a large cohort of people who still aren't.  I have friends on my Facebook posting pics of going to large parties where people are packed in and no one is wearing a face mask.  It looks like the Lido deck on a sea day. 

4 minutes ago, picomullet said:

I think it may just be booked. I am getting Dream showing up for October dates. 

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

I think it was just a website error because now they are showing up for me.

I, too, wish people would have taken this seriously initially.  Heck, in Texas, there is a large cohort of people who still aren't.  I have friends on my Facebook posting pics of going to large parties where people are packed in and no one is wearing a face mask.  It looks like the Lido deck on a sea day. 

The governor of NJ canceled indoor dining indefinitely thanks to  (and I quote) "the knuckleheads" who couldn't follow the rules for outdoor dining.  And I'm concerned that our governor will postpone the NYC indoor dining thanks to the same "knuckleheads".

But...back to the website.  According to what I read in the wee hours of the dawn....there are sailings there that they know won't be sailing.  This, in conjunction with what an "entertainer reporter" said leaves me to believe no more 2020 sailings.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, picomullet said:

And I know the 7th was removed last week. A lot of people (myself Included) booked that one after having cruises canceled. The word from a carnival pvp was they cut it off at 75% capacity. The 14th is likely in the same boat.

1 hour ago, sunonfire said:

Tampa is only showing 7 day cruises starting in January 2021. I have the Legend booked for November 29, 2020. I bet it will be canceled. I’ll wait and see.

I was just on the site.  There are 4,5,6,7 night cruises out of Tampa for Jan.

baf

I have wondered how the sail with reduced capacity would work. I am booked in October on the Breeze for Halloween. Booked Feb. 2019. It was about sold out before CoVid hit so don't really see how they would reduce capacity. I would imagine a bunch would be this way especially the cruises on holidays i.e. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Side note I really wish the admins would modify thread titles like this after they’ve been proven to be false.

I tried to do it myself, but can't modify after 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

You just repeated more or less what I said. Posting here on cruise critic you wish others had taken it as seriously.... doesnt make people wear masks, maybe start a blog. You cant influence real life as you seem to want to posting here.

I posted I dont expect my cruise to go. I have said I even booked a cruise to get to rebook with the $600 obc. What dont you understand that you quote me? As if I'm wrong saying i dont expect the cruise to go, and dont know when they cant be booked probably cancelled. I tried to book oct 11th, so i could get a b2b with $600 obc twice. My choice. Only have the one on ccl

Have 5 on rcl. They allow cancel within 48 hours and lift and shift. Lifted two to March 2022. I have one booked jan 2021 I plan on lifting, just havent decided what date. Dec 12 2021 earliest date allowed.

As I remember you said you are booked next summer yet quote me on what I said as if you dont think I get it?  Why did you book if you believe what you say?

Yes, I tried to book another 7 day on carnival, but decided to let it go. Rcl has much better prices and more flexible terms. Maybe you would be happier with rcl with it's more flexible terms. You act like people here on carnival dont get it. Some of us just more positive than others about life. That we will survive this. Your glass always sounds half empty.

If you dont want me to reply dont quote me. 

Edited by firefly333

We need to face reality that most likely they will be canceling more cruises in October and beyond in 2020 til we have a handle on COVID-19.  I'm not buying "sold out"/ limited guest capacity excuses..  We have heard 50%, 60%, 75% or other numbers capacity..   Carnival HAS NOT ANNOUNCED ANY OFFICIAL guest limited capacity because they haven't made that decision...  Sorry.........  Most of Carnival employees are working from home or not working in the offices.  They just want our money and hoping for the best..    Within 30 days some of the crew will be contacted for new contracts for ships if they are planning to sail in October..

Edited by Cruiseboy06
  • Like 1

I am booked on the October 10th cruise, Carnival Breeze final payment is due July 12th. They are emailing me everyday reminding me to pay it off.  So annoying especially considering how long a refund is taking if they cancel. 

8 minutes ago, SANJOSEGAL said:

I am booked on the October 10th cruise, Carnival Breeze final payment is due July 12th. They are emailing me everyday reminding me to pay it off.  So annoying especially considering how long a refund is taking if they cancel. 

Have they did this before?   They want your money and hoping for the best