The over 90 day club

What gets to me and I'm sure many others is the inconsistent way in which refunds and FCCs are being processed. We have 3 now cancelled cruises. A few on the Roll Calls have rec'd refunds or FCCs. Other....including us....have not. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to how refunds/FCCs are being processed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

What gets to me and I'm sure many others is the inconsistent way in which refunds and FCCs are being processed. We have 3 now cancelled cruises. A few on the Roll Calls have rec'd refunds or FCCs. Other....including us....have not. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to how refunds/FCCs are being processed. 

Agree, it's a mess.  I disputed a canceled June cruise with Amex back in March and had my refund 2 weeks later.  I don't understand why so many refuse to do this.  Cruise lines are a business and  it isn't my responsibility to ensure they survive by keeping money for a service they are not providing - especially when they continue to accept bookings and take money for deposits on cruises that are almost certain to not sail.

Edited by mek
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Right, but you get to hear a new assortment of excuses with each call.

I think they have  lists with "excuses" which the tel rep will pull each time you or your TA calls.

I mean, we are only a very small fraction of cruisers here on CC, I'd like to know how many thousands more are sick and tired of RCI's criminal behavior to avoid refunds.

How many customers worldwide are turning away from RCI in disgust.

Happy 4th of July , I am @ day 110

• Like 1

Did not want to post...but...

We cancelled our family Allure B3B on March 8, 2020......yes, March 8th!...under the CWC.

Waiting on FCC's.

We were originally told 30 days, then 40 days, then 60 days, then 90 days.

We called and inquired yesterday....and were informed: "You are in the queue...3 to 4 more weeks."

118 days and counting...

Note: Yesterday, we made final payment for a cruise in October...that will most likely be cancelled...it took but a few minutes and the money was immediately debited from our credit card.

14 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Note: Yesterday, we made final payment for a cruise in October...that will most likely be cancelled...it took but a few minutes and the money was immediately debited from our credit card.

RCI is magic.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, mek said:

Agree, it's a mess.  I disputed a canceled June cruise with Amex back in March and had my refund 2 weeks later.  I don't understand why so many refuse to do this.  Cruise lines are a business and  it isn't my responsibility to ensure they survive by keeping money for a service they are not providing - especially when they continue to accept bookings and take money for deposits on cruises that are almost certain to not sail.

Agree it is shameless how they're handling refunds.  But no sympathy for anyone who is booking a cruise or sending them any money for anything scheduled to sail before January.  Or even later.  Other than re-booked cancelled cruises and FCC's etc, one has to wonder if they're really doing many true new bookings with paid deposits for the next few months

17 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Did not want to post...but...

We cancelled our family Allure B3B on March 8, 2020......yes, March 8th!...under the CWC.

Waiting on FCC's.

We were originally told 30 days, then 40 days, then 60 days, then 90 days.

We called and inquired yesterday....and were informed: "You are in the queue...3 to 4 more weeks."

118 days and counting...

Why?

5 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Why?

After only a day of reflection...we are now feeling buyer's remorse...not a good decision...perhaps it's a side effect of the pandemic...the inability to make good decisions.

• Like 1

Going on 106 days here. Was supposed to cruise May 11th, Royal cancelled March 24th. Received our refund the week we were due to be cruising and thought that was the end of it but it was $100 short.

We had paid $148.52 for the soda package and only got the $48.52 back. I have not, after 5 phone calls and 2 sets of Twitter messages since May 13th, received that $100.

I was told just over a month ago that my case was closed, sent to accounting and I’d have it in 30 days. Obviously that hasn’t happened. The latest update I’ve received is that they basically lost my refund and are attempting to create a manual refund request and have it escalated. Not holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums