Everyone Should have money back

Trimone

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

For me, the straw that broke the camel's back was when the same public health experts who lambasted anti-lockdown protesters as being reckless and dangerous turned around and condoned the George Floyd protests as not posing any health risk whatsoever.

Who said this?  Please show me a link.  I have see exactly the opposite where most credible health experts were equally concerned about virus transmission from the BLM protests.  Although one thing that could make a minor difference, the BLM protesters, at least the peaceful ones, were much more willing to wear masks and maintain social distance.

Edited by Lou33

3 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

Who said this?  Please show me a link.  I have see exactly the opposite where most credible health experts were equally concerned about virus transmission from the BLM protests.

Hi, there. There's no link, per se. I'm talking about the public health experts who weighed in on protests lodged by people who were out of work and were tired of being locked down, but who then took a very different approach to the possible risks of infection posed by people demonstrating for a very different reason. It's as if they were implying that the Coronavirus knows to spread itself among those who are angry about the lockdown but turns itself off when the protest is about systemic racism. Which we all know is ridiculous. I did see a graphic on TV the other day from California Governor Gavin Newsom that had bullet points, among which were "large gatherings prohibited" followed shortly by "protests still OK."

Let me end by saying I don't enjoy engaging in back-and-forths on Cruise Critic about COVID-19. I"m not going to debate people because it's a waste of time. I hope you have a good day but I hope you also understand that it's not really the purpose of this site and it's not a good use of my time. Also, please be aware that the moderators expect us to be courteous to one another. I have a list of ignored users who've broken this rule and I don't hesitate to use it whenever people are rude, which I am sure you won't be. 😊

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Hi, there. 😊

We totally agree.  It's not a good time to have "any" large gathering whether it's a lockdown protest, BLM protest, or political rally. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Hi, there. There's no link, per se. I'm talking about the public health experts who weighed in on protests lodged by people who were out of work and were tired of being locked down, but who then took a very different approach to the possible risks of infection posed by people demonstrating for a very different reason. It's as if they were implying that the Coronavirus knows to spread itself among those who are angry about the lockdown but turns itself off when the protest is about systemic racism. Which we all know is ridiculous. I did see a graphic on TV the other day from California Governor Gavin Newsom that had bullet points, among which were "large gatherings prohibited" followed shortly by "protests still OK."

Let me end by saying I don't enjoy engaging in back-and-forths on Cruise Critic about COVID-19. I"m not going to debate people because it's a waste of time. I hope you have a good day but I hope you also understand that it's not really the purpose of this site and it's not a good use of my time. Also, please be aware that the moderators expect us to be courteous to one another. I have a list of ignored users who've broken this rule and I don't hesitate to use it whenever people are rude, which I am sure you won't be. 😊

Protests are protected by the constitution, government can’t legally stop them. They have to be allowed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Protests are protected by the constitution, government can’t legally stop them. They have to be allowed.

Time, manner and place restrictions are valid under the First Amendment.  "Protesters" are not permitted to do whatever they want, and must still comply with the laws.