Share your pic of snow on your cruise

30 minutes ago, Lindypops said:

Queen mary 2 

new york January 2014

11359C0F-2FC9-4C7A-BBC1-84A945A9DD5C.jpeg

Crikey! That would be my hibernation cruise. I don't even remember the last time I saw snow at all. Ok, I do but that was 24 years ago when we lived in PA.

We flew to NYC on new years eve and stayed until the 4th January 

on the evening of the 3 rd of january it snowed  and snowed and snowed 

when we woke up on the 4th the city was at a standstill And it was still snowing , No traffic except bin lorries with snow ploughs on the front , no taxis ,arranged transport to the ship called  to say no drivers had  turned up for work  So it was cancelled.

eventually we and another couple managed to get a car to take us to the ship.

it was the most scary ride of my life , the roads were completely white .

when we got on the ship they said no flights were landing and we eventually departed NYC at 2 am the next morning.

5 hours ago, dbancroft said:

We like everyone else spend some time looking at old photos. Thought it would be nice to see other pictures of snow on your cruise. This was Quantum February 2nd 2015

You folks are cruising from the wrong cities....

Think airfare!!  As long as the de-icing process works, you're good to go!  If not, wing it....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NouCruzer said:

You folks are cruising from the wrong cities....

Think airfare!!  As long as the de-icing process works, you're good to go!  If not, wing it....

Or perhaps I chose the wrong time of year!  Have only sailed from the northeast twice in cold weather.  Flights to port or warm weather departures make up 99% of my sailings.

20 minutes ago, depplep said:

Thank you SO MUCH for the pictures. Haven't seen snow in 15yrs and I get sad every winter.

Do you get sad because of lack of snow or the state of your football team...Go Ravens

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Do you get sad because of lack of snow or the state of your football team...Go Ravens

I'm happy in Sixburgh. How happy are you with  your two Super Bowl wins and you are basically the Cleveland Browns.

I don't have a picture of it, in August. 2017 we were cruising in Alaska.  As we were sitting in the diamond lounge, it started to snow on the deck.  It lasted about 10 minutes and it was crazy because we were in shorts.  

We embarked Cape Liberty in the snow and just say the bridge as we went under it. next day didn't have any sign of bad weather for the rest of the cruise. The crew were having fun throwing snowballs at each other.

DSC02581.JPG

• Like 1