Official Update on Mardi Gras and Radiance from Carnival

21 hours ago, airdale said:

As I said before, I still have not received any notifications nor emails about our November Radiance cruise.  I figure the first thing that Carnival has to do is transfer everyone from the Breeze to the Magic.  Once the Breeze is empty of cruisers, Carnival can then start putting the Radiance bookings on the Breeze.  The Mardi Gras would be worked last as there sure isn't any reason to hurry to work those cancelations because the Mardi Gras is still a work in process.  Just my thoughts.  Don 

Hi Don, I didn't think I had received my email either.  I use gmail and it was located in my Promotions folder.  Some others have found it in the Spam folders so be sure to check there.

Pat

My Breeze cruise was cancelled. On Friday I called Carnival and rebooked a sailing on the Magic with the exact same itinerary. If this magic cruise ends up cancelled, I'm taking the refund. But will also keep the flights and fly to florida and we'll do something else for a week.

parandernie, I rechecked all my folders within gmail, nothing.  I am wondering if because a PPV cannot book an handicap accessible cabin and was forwarded to that department originally, if I need to get ahold of that department?  Hum?  A week from Monday...maybe something?

I was pondering the switch from Radiance to Breeze a bit over the weekend.

Carnival has said they want to limit capacity for some unspecified period to help with social distancing.

Maybe putting all of the Radiance bookings on Breeze automatically achieves that, because Breeze is a higher capacity ship?  All pax moved to Breeze would fill her at about 80% capacity.  Especially if some people just take the cancellation?

Just a thought.  Probably wrong.

Good thought.  I just asked Cruise Critic Admin if they are going to purge the Carnival Breeze roll calls once the Radiance to Breeze reassignments are completed.  I think any old roll calls from the original Breeze cruisers for our sailing dates would be confusing.  Don

So I haven't received any email yet from Carnival, but I did log into My Bookings and saw that my Radiance cabin has been fully transferred to a sort-of-equivalent on Breeze.  We had an aft balcony, and we still do, but our Radiance cabin was at least one deck away from the active decks (Lido, Promenade) above and below, whereas now we are on deck 6, above the Limelight theater.

Probably not an issue, for us - we stay up late, so the noise from below will not bother us.  So we will likely keep the assignment.

Final payment in in early Sept, so if there is going to be an outright cancellation for our Dec cruise, hopefully it happens before then, to avoid hassles with refunds or transferring to another booking.  (Yikes, who could have thought to think such a thing a year ago?)

On 7/20/2020 at 11:37 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

So I haven't received any email yet from Carnival, but I did log into My Bookings and saw that my Radiance cabin has been fully transferred to a sort-of-equivalent on Breeze.  We had an aft balcony, and we still do, but our Radiance cabin was at least one deck away from the active decks (Lido, Promenade) above and below, whereas now we are on deck 6, above the Limelight theater.

Probably not an issue, for us - we stay up late, so the noise from below will not bother us.  So we will likely keep the assignment.

Final payment in in early Sept, so if there is going to be an outright cancellation for our Dec cruise, hopefully it happens before then, to avoid hassles with refunds or transferring to another booking.  (Yikes, who could have thought to think such a thing a year ago?)

I think you are better off on Breeze vs Radiance.  

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think you are better off on Breeze vs Radiance.  

Perhaps, but we've been on Breeze before, Radiance was going to be a "new" ship for us.  Plus the aft balcony didn't overlook the open deck walkway on Promenade.

I guess we'll monitor the COVID situation until just before final payment, and then make a go/no-go decision.

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Perhaps, but we've been on Breeze before, Radiance was going to be a "new" ship for us.  Plus the aft balcony didn't overlook the open deck walkway on Promenade.

I guess we'll monitor the COVID situation until just before final payment, and then make a go/no-go decision.

Understand the “new” thought process, just wanted to give you some feedback.  My review of the Sunrise (which should be almost exactly the same) is posted it helps.

14 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Understand the “new” thought process, just wanted to give you some feedback.  My review of the Sunrise (which should be almost exactly the same) is posted it helps.

Oh yeah, read that when you first posted it.

I got myself a bit excited yesterday looking into possible excursions for our ports in Dec.

Hard reality set in later in the day when I acknowledged to myself that I had no idea whether it was really going to happen.

7 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Oh yeah, read that when you first posted it.

I got myself a bit excited yesterday looking into possible excursions for our ports in Dec.

Hard reality set in later in the day when I acknowledged to myself that I had no idea whether it was really going to happen.

We live in a very uncertain world.  I frequently do much the same.  Time not wasted, nor misspent.