Official Update on Mardi Gras and Radiance from Carnival

Wow. Once again, 10/3 magic sailing dodges another bullet. We are just waiting for official cancellation so we can get our refund. Im really surprised carnival is moving passengers but it does happen. 

I was reading that people thought maybe Port Everglades and Miami might not be open to sail by then and that’s why the Breeze is going to Port Canaveral. I’m right next to that port and our numbers are much lower here 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Surprised that Radiance is delayed? No..not at all. Am I surprised that my Feb-Mar Breeze cruise is canceled before my November and December Vista cruises because Radiance was delayed? Yeah....pretty surprised by that one.

I'm in the same boat...never saw the Breeze cruises as being in danger...at least not due to the Radiance's delay.  Unfortunately, this latest 'decision' cancelled 3 more of our cruises in one fell swoop.  We've now have had NINE cruises cancelled.

Starting to get frustrated.  May look to more land vacations in the Fall.

Garnett

• Like 1

Will another ship be taking Breeze's place from FLL?  Booked on 1/10/21 cruise on her - though there was a good chance that I was going to cancel!!  Now that may be taken care of for me.

We are finding it very hard to be optimistic that our Feb 20th Mardi Gras cruise will even happen.  Even if the ship is completed by then, will there be any ports open to ships?  Will they have the same stipulations that Puerto Rico has put into effect?  If that's the case, it won't be worth getting off of the ship.  

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/puerto-rico-require-visitors-covid-19-results/index.html

It's hard to even think about making reservations for flights and hotels at this point.  Will the CDC even allow cruising by then?  I hate playing the "Wait and See" game.

We are - that is WERE booked on Breeze out of FLL in January 2021.  Not switching to Breeze out of Port Canaveral.  Will have to see whether they will replace Breeze with something else out of Port Everglades.  

3 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Ugh - just checked - my booking "disappeared."  Only 4 or 5 day sailings out of FLL, and nothing matches my airfare.  No notification from Carnival yet.

I can't imagine how many people are in the same predicament that you are in.  So many flights and hotels booked that now don't match up with their cruises or time frames.  That and vacations where people have to put in a year in advance for the time off.  What a mess!  Hopefully things will work out for you.

4 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

I can't imagine how many people are in the same predicament that you are in.  So many flights and hotels booked that now don't match up with their cruises or time frames.  That and vacations where people have to put in a year in advance for the time off.  What a mess!  Hopefully things will work out for you.

Thanks so much for the thoughtfull words.   I am "lucky" as I am retired and hold to no real schedule - unlike thousands of others who will be effected by this change.  

26 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Will another ship be taking Breeze's place from FLL?  Booked on 1/10/21 cruise on her - though there was a good chance that I was going to cancel!!  Now that may be taken care of for me.

The Magic but out of Miami instead of FLL.

image.png.d54643d32a605296ed1eb0256cd566fa.png

No surprise here since Carnival had already screwed up the delivery of Mardi Gras before the recent issues related to COVID-19. Obviously you can’t blame Carnival for the latest delays associated with Mardi Gras and Radiance. Some people might be upset with cruises being changed or cancelled as Carnival moves ships around due to this situation, but the way things are going who knows if any of these cruises will even take place. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, some_body said:

I get that shipyards are delayed.  But what is the point of moving the Breeze to Canaveral?   It seem that this just irritates two groups-those booked on the Breeze that got cancelled and those booked on the Radiance that got replaced.   

We were booked on the Radiance for Feb. This was our 3rd rescheduled cruise. We are a little disappointed that we won't be sailing on the Radiance,  but happy our cruise isn't canceled.  We love the Breeze.  All that being said, I'm still not packing until the day before the cruise. After 3 canceled and  rescheduled cruises, we're not getting excited. 

• Like 2

I get that shipyards are delayed.  But what is the point of moving the Breeze to Canaveral?   It seem that this just irritates two groups-those booked on the Breeze that got cancelled and those booked on the Radiance that got replaced.   

I don’t think Carnival has handled anything well lately due to COVID-19, so screwing over a lot more people than necessary does not surprise me at all. But as others have touched on, Carnival is all about money first (not that uncommon) so I doubt they care about anyone who might be upset by these changes. 

I'm guessing it just made more financial sense. The Breeze was already going out of PC and with the Radiance being "new" it probably had more costly bookings. 

7 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think Carnival has handled anything well lately due to COVID-19, so screwing over a lot more people than necessary does not surprise me at all. But as others have touched on, Carnival is all about money first (not that uncommon) so I doubt they care about anyone who might be upset by these changes. 

They are scrambling.....aaaarrrgggghhhhh. Just lost our aft excel suite on the MG 1/23 sailing

40 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

We are finding it very hard to be optimistic that our Feb 20th Mardi Gras cruise will even happen.  Even if the ship is completed by then, will there be any ports open to ships?  Will they have the same stipulations that Puerto Rico has put into effect?  If that's the case, it won't be worth getting off of the ship.  

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/puerto-rico-require-visitors-covid-19-results/index.html

It's hard to even think about making reservations for flights and hotels at this point.  Will the CDC even allow cruising by then?  I hate playing the "Wait and See" game.

We are on same cruise with friends. Been staying optimistic but with the inaugural cruise now just 2 weeks ahead of us.....😟.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

They are scrambling.....aaaarrrgggghhhhh. Just lost our aft excel suite on the MG 1/23 sailing

It seems like things keep getting crazier and crazier. A little off topic, but then again not really, I am really curious to see how things play out with the various pro leagues the next few months. I think what happens with these leagues could directly have a positive (or negative) impact on when the CDC allows cruising to resume from US ports. 

I just watched JHs live video.  I feel like I'm riding a wave. Cruise canceled, cruise rebooked. Repeat.  Going from the Radiance to the Breeze, could be worse.  As far as it looks now, we don't have to do anything.  Carnival will do comparable cabin assignments with an additional 200 OBC.  If we get to cruise in Feb., we'll have 1,000 OBC compliments of Carnival. 

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We are booked on one of Radiance cruises next April that is being switched over to the Breeze. We don't have a problem with this since we like the Breeze, BUT I disagree with Carnival's decision to displace 5 months worth of Breeze cruisers to accommodate those who had booked the Radiance. Makes no sense. They are going to have to offer some pretty good compensation to the Breeze cruisers to rebook to save face.

I understand about the  Magic's dry dock and European cruises being cancelled, so I don't understand why Carnival didn't use the Magic during that time period to replace some of the Radiance cruises. Can't figure out Carnival some times. 🤨

We are being transferred to the Breeze which is ok with us.  We would have been just as satisfied with the Magic.  Both are beautiful ships. I'm sure there was a marathon conference room decision that made the Breeze a more viable replacement and I guess we will never know that reason. 

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

42 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

The Magic but out of Miami instead of FLL.

image.png.d54643d32a605296ed1eb0256cd566fa.png

The Magic looks like it will only be replacing SOME of the Breeze's trips.  Pe4all's trip on 1/10/21 doesn't look like it will be replaced by any ship at this time.  I'm sure they will get their cancellation notice soon.