New cruise duration; but at what price?

little britain

I’ve just received an email confirming my cruise has swapped from Divina to Grandiosa ( which I knew).

But it says...

In addition please note that as the new cruise has increased duration, upon acceptance of the new itinerary, the cabin price will be amended to match the new duration.

How can I accept if I don’t know what it’s going to cost me 🤷‍♀️ !

Has anyone else had this issue?

thanks

• Like 1

From 19.-23Dec Divina to 20.-27Dec Grandiosa?

I have the same problem - I suspect to the current difference ... 

A new trick from MSC to generate a few more euros? By the way, MSC didn't say a word about FCC for the cancelled cruise ... I suspect evil ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, monsterl said:

From 19.-23Dec Divina to 20.-27Dec Grandiosa?

I have the same problem - I suspect to the current difference ... 

A new trick from MSC to generate a few more euros? By the way, MSC didn't say a word about FCC for the cancelled cruise ... I suspect evil ...

I was going to suggest a pro-rated increase (without any taxes or port fees) but I’m thinking that adding in the Christmas cruise may skew that considerably.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I was going to suggest a pro-rated increase (without any taxes or port fees) but I’m thinking that adding in the Christmas cruise may skew that considerably.

Yes, MSC is unlikely to miss the "Christmas surcharge" on the 20.-27Dec-Cruise. 

I know MSC extremely stubbornly in this relationship. In my case, the surcharge for the 7-night Grandiosa tour for 3 people is over € 2,000 (!) - for just 3 nights more...

I have already objected to the rebooking without my authorization and requested a rebooking to another short MSC cruise using the FCC.

I'm excited to see what happens next. I also booked through MSC Spain. @little britain: you in UK?

Edited by monsterl
  • Like 2

Strange. My cruise went from 6 nights to 7 nights and they did not request further compensation. Perhaps because the difference from 6 to 7 is smaller, or because the cruise is not over Christmas. Regardless - it's icky on their end to request more money when it is their own change. Boo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's a bit of a poor show! Our Anthem of the Seas, on 15th August 2021 from Southampton, was changed from 1 week to 2 weeks.  Royal Caribbean have very generously said the extra week is on them. Just hope it goes ahead!

• Like 2

We sailed with Costa some years ago over Xmas, prior to the cruise the itinerary changed four times and an extra day was added free of charge.

Had this change of the 3 extra days happened to us I think it would have been Au revoir MSC.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

We sailed with Costa some years ago over Xmas, prior to the cruise the itinerary changed four times and an extra day was added free of charge.

Had this change of the 3 extra days happened to us I think it would have been Au revoir MSC.

However, I went from 1n on Divina to 7n on Grandiosa on a cruise which now overlaps Christmas.

It would have been lovely to think they would honour my 1n YC costing for that week.... but I had to be realistic.

I wasn’t allowed to do 1n sailing on the new ship/itinerary either.  So it was 7 or nothing!   The price they came up with was fair I thought, and they didn’t want to budge. Deal or no Deal🤷‍♀️

However 4n to 7n should be a wash; I also know many who have lucked out on the recent RCI 7n to 14n cruise. 

Edited by little britain

I’ve just received an email confirming my cruise has swapped from Divina to Grandiosa ( which I knew).

But it says...
In addition please note that as the new cruise has increased duration, upon acceptance of the new itinerary, the cabin price will be amended to match the new duration.

How can I accept if I don’t know what it’s going to cost me [emoji2368] !

Has anyone else had this issue?
thanks
It's simple. since the cancellation is free up to 90 days prior to sailing, you should cancel it and then book another Cruise of your choice.
  • Like 1

It's simple. since the cancellation is free up to 90 days prior to sailing, you should cancel it and then book another Cruise of your choice.

It's certainly not worth 2000 euros extra for 3 nights.

if the cost per night is the same, then you can consider it

My surcharge from 4n-Divina 19.-23Dec (booked in I2/Inside Fantastica, 3 Pax) to 7n-Grandiosa (with complimentary upgrade to B2/Balcony Fantastica): 488€ or 162,66€ per person - 200€ OBC included 🙂

I think this is a fair deal for a christmas cruise...

Edited by monsterl

4 minutes ago, monsterl said:

My surcharge from 4n-Divina 19.-23Dec (booked in I2/Inside Fantastica, 3 Pax) to 7n-Grandiosa (with complimentary upgrade to B2/Balcony Fantastica): 488€ or 162,66€ per person - 200€ OBC included 🙂

I’d definitely agree with you; a pretty good deal.

2 hours ago, monsterl said:

Confused, in post #5 you quote the surcharge as €2000?

Did I miss something in the detail?

2 minutes ago, the wandering two said:

Confused, in post #5 you quote the surcharge as €2000?

Did I miss something in the detail?

2000 € was my estimate for the surcharge on the longer cruise ...

I paid now 677€ (for the cancelled 4n-Cruise MSC Divina 19.-23Dec / Inside Fantastica for 3 Pax) plus the surcharge in the amount of 488€ for the longer 7c-cruise on MSC Grandiosa 20.-27Dec in Balcony Fantastica, in total 1.165€ incl. 200€ OBC. 

So much cheaper than I originally thought.

In case the trip takes place on December 20th 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, monsterl said:

2000 € was my estimate for the surcharge on the longer cruise ...

I paid now 677€ (for the cancelled 4n-Cruise MSC Divina 19.-23Dec / Inside Fantastica for 3 Pax) plus the surcharge in the amount of 488€ for the longer 7c-cruise on MSC Grandiosa 20.-27Dec in Balcony Fantastica, in total 1.165€ incl. 200€ OBC. 

So much cheaper than I originally thought.

In case the trip takes place on December 20th 😉

What was your pppd price on the 4n cruise?  I wonder if they just extrapolated that out x7 to get this final figure.

That is what they did for us. But we are now paying a lot more,
 for YC; but it’s still about 50% of a new booking fare. 
As we were originally 1n we only got €50pp obc. 

• Like 1