The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

19 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Larry sometimes I forget that i grew up in the East Coast.  I can't take the cold anymore and your cold I would have to hibernate. LOL.  

I like it hot.  😀

Keith

It's 74 here right now!  Die shopping center snow mounds -- die!!  😁 

Vince

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I don’t think so! The only similarity I have with Elizabeth Taylor is my height - she was 5’2” and I was too at one time, now 5’1”. She had, what, 8 husbands, I’ve had none. And my eyes are a very dull hazel. Thanks for the thought, gave me a real chuckle!!

Patty

Yeah, but I was casting to type, and script notes read "Feisty Texas Woman."  ("Giant" was set in Texas.)

More trivia: "Giant" was James Dean's third and final film.  Can anyone name his other two, without searching on it?  One is completely obvious, the other, not so much.  Hint: think Steinbeck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KenzSailing said:

Yeah, but I was casting to type, and script notes read "Feisty Texas Woman."  ("Giant" was set in Texas.)

More trivia: "Giant" was James Dean's third and final film.  Can anyone name his other two, without searching on it?  One is completely obvious, the other, not so much.  Hint: think Steinbeck.

East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

It's 74 here right now!  Die shopping center snow mounds -- die!!  😁 

Vince

Vince, I have been saying that to all the snow mounds around here for weeks, but it doesn't seem to help!!😁

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Beav: The Independent, obviously The Cooler King "Hilts, just Hilts" Bonus points for being played by Steve McQueen, the GOAT of onscreen icy cool

Bless you. 

I've been called Queen before, but never McQueen. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

even in these days of autocorrect, spelling is not far behind. 

Auto correct has a lot to answer for though - it’s like a magic event that changes things after you proof read and press send! 

It can create some great and amusing howlers! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Recently I reluctantly signed up for FB in order to join some groups to learn the ways of BBQ.  You know what I've learned?  Grammar is dead and, even in these days of autocorrect, spelling is not far behind. 

What is on your BBQ agenda? I spent several summers trying different styles of baby back ribs with varying success. It has to do with time and ingredients mostly. I had a good outcome with a sauce from a scratch recipe I saw in Parade magazine. Those ribs and the Cole Slaw and potatoes came along to the drive-in movie theater as car dinner.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, mskatiemae said:

What is on your BBQ agenda? I spent several summers trying different styles of baby back ribs with varying success. It has to do with time and ingredients mostly. I had a good outcome with a sauce from a scratch recipe I saw in Parade magazine. Those ribs and the Cole Slaw and potatoes came along to the drive-in movie theater as car dinner.

Well, first on the agenda is building the expensive cart I bought to mount my inexpensive grill.

After that, pretty sure I'm going to start with a spatchcocked chicken (experiment on a cheap(er) protein.)  Then a steak, they're relatively easy.  Then I'll probably work my way up to ribs, but I'll do short ribs, more forgiving than baby backs.  Also, I have half a brisket in the freezer, just daring me to do something with it.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Well, first on the agenda is building the expensive cart I bought to mount my inexpensive grill.

After that, pretty sure I'm going to start with a spatchcocked chicken (experiment on a cheap(er) protein.)  Then a steak, they're relatively easy.  Then I'll probably work my way up to ribs, but I'll do short ribs, more forgiving than baby backs.  Also, I have half a brisket in the freezer, just daring me to do something with it.   

Unless you do it "low and slow", and preferably in a smoker, do not try and BBQ the brisket. Unless, of course, you enjoy chewing on meat that has the consistency of an old boot!!😮😄

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from the first leg of a 3-ship series, Crystal Symphony, Crystal Serenity, and MS Amsterdam.  On March 4, 2014 the Crystal Symphony visited Ujung Padang, Indonesia

dawn0305.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is from my 2017 Crystal Serenity World Cruise segment from Buenos Aires to Rio.  On March 5 Serenity visited Montevideo (Photo taken probably not far from Endeavor's current location:

dawn0305.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is the last from my 2016 odyssey that started with round trip transatlantics on QM2 and Queen Victoria, featured an Antarctic Crystal Symphony cruise from Buenos Aires to Miami and ended with Amtrak's Silver Meteor back home. On March 7 Silver Meteor was between Richmond and Washington DC:

dawn0307.jpg

Roy

• Like 4