Are ships just sitting at sea?

bingomamma19

I was curious what all the carnival ships are doing during the shut down and if they are at sea, how many crew stay on it for minimal operations?   I did read that only 400 crew are still waiting to get back to their countries.

I was thinking it would be cool to just sit out at sea and the peace of the water, but probably not for months and with not much interaction with others. 

Does the captain get bored?     

The crew get fed , and paid and can socialize with other crew, they even have their own bar below the decks.  many stay at sea for 4-5months at a time, granted they get off once a week at a port.  but other than that its not so bad for them. 

• Like 1

Several Youtubers (crew) are posting while at sea.  One is an officer on Princess.  The general consensus of the ones I have watched is they are bored, but otherwise okay.  All are staying in regular guest cabins with one person to cabin and meals are being served in the main guest buffet so they have space for social distancing.  That is from seeing videos on RCCL, Princess, and Carnival.