Health & Age Restrictions

1 hour ago, Roz said:

I just checked TN's stats, and people 61 and over acct. for 13% of the diagnosed cases, but 80% of the deaths. 😨  Those are sobering statistics. 

56 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

This is a very dangerous disease for older people with underlying conditions.  My relatives who fall into this category have basically sheltered at home since this began.  They can't afford to let their guards down.  Thankfully, treatments seem to be much better than they were in April.  Still, until there is a vaccine the high risk people really need to use extreme caution and social distancing.

Unfortunately, there are those who wish to deny those statistics.  

Those who fall into those categories should follow the example set by TNcruising02's relatives.  

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Does your state require a minimum age to get a driver's license?  Is that age discrimination or is justifiable?

ridiculous analogy, or the drinking age, no it's not discrimination. Can you join the military at 12? It's called a minimum age requirement, not discrimination 

43 minutes ago, coevan said:

ridiculous analogy, or the drinking age, no it's not discrimination. Can you join the military at 12? It's called a minimum age requirement, not discrimination 

The military also has a maximum age limit to join.  Is that discrimination or a rational factor to consider?

24 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The military also has a maximum age limit to join.  Is that discrimination or a rational factor to consider?

another ridiculous analogy, is the Armies average age 46.7, that's Carnivals medium age

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I meant the death rate for each group, as you posted that was much higher for those over 65.

The only one I can find compiled already is from NY.

This is on a deaths per 100k scale......

0-17    0.75

18-44  21.6

45-64   205.4

65-74   667.8

75+   1685.4

5 minutes ago, coevan said:

another ridiculous analogy, is the Armies average age 46.7, that's Carnivals medium age

I notice you avoided answering the question:  "Is (the militaries maximum age limit for new recruits) discrimination or a rational factor to consider?

BTW, because you claim something is ridiculous doesn't make it so.

1 minute ago, ray98 said:

The only one I can find compiled already is from NY.

This is on a deaths per 100k scale......

0-17    0.75

18-44  21.6

45-64   205.4

65-74   667.8

75+   1685.4

Again, you are avoiding what I asked for. What is the death rate for non-whites as compared to whites.