Ships' Art Works

bobpatj

I grabbed copies of all of the art tours in both audio book (m4b) and regular audio (mp3) format before they disappeared forever. The tours run up to an include the Nieuw Amsterdam. Despite the fact that the tours are in audio book format, there is no catalog or images of the art, aside from the cover photo.

I pulled these about 7 or 8 years ago and some art has been moved or replaced. And, of course, some of the ships have left the fleet.  The tours run around a half hour to 45 minutes. If you find yourself scheduled for a cruise and want to wander the ship with headphones, looking at the walls and display cases, let me know  There are tours for:

• Amsterdam
  • Eurodam
  • Maasdam
  • Nieuw Amsterdam
  • Noordam
  • Oosterdam
  • Prinsendam
  • Rotterdam
  • Ryndam
  • Statendam
  • Veendam
  • Zaandam
  • Zuiderdam

Yes, I know some of these ships are no longer in the fleet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2020 at 1:33 PM, catl331 said:

I know I've seen pieces from the S-class Statendam and Ryndam that were moved to other ships.  I would think that the Card paintings of other HAL ships would not be desirable on the sold ships and would be removed, but ones of the same ship might stay.  (That is, a painting of the Amsterdam might stay on that ship under its new name, but a painting of Rotterdam would be removed.)  I recall on the Prinsendam there was a ship model outside the Crow's Nest with the former owner's name and colors. Can't remember what that was though!

The Viking Sun? Before Holland America lengthened it? 

3 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

The Viking Sun? Before Holland America lengthened it? 

Royal Viking was the name of the cruiseline. It might have been the Sun that became the Prinsendam, so could have been the Royal Viking Sun. I think it was, but never could keep the Royal Viking ships straight after they got new names. 

14 hours ago, RuthC said:

I think it was, but never could keep the Royal Viking ships straight after they got new names. 

1. Royal Viking Sun (w/ Royal Viking Line) 
  2. Royal Viking Sun (w/ Cunard) 
  3. Seabourn Sun
  4. Prinsendam
  5. Amera 

Scott. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, POA1 said:

I grabbed copies of all of the art tours in both audio book (m4b) and regular audio (mp3) format before they disappeared forever. The tours run up to an include the Nieuw Amsterdam. Despite the fact that the tours are in audio book format, there is no catalog or images of the art, aside from the cover photo.

I pulled these about 7 or 8 years ago and some art has been moved or replaced. And, of course, some of the ships have left the fleet.  The tours run around a half hour to 45 minutes. If you find yourself scheduled for a cruise and want to wander the ship with headphones, looking at the walls and display cases, let me know  There are tours for:

• Amsterdam
  • Eurodam
  • Maasdam
  • Nieuw Amsterdam
  • Noordam
  • Oosterdam
  • Prinsendam
  • Rotterdam
  • Ryndam
  • Statendam
  • Veendam
  • Zaandam
  • Zuiderdam

Yes, I know some of these ships are no longer in the fleet.

I am looking for the Zuiderdam tour.   appreciate if you could send me copy

connect@theinsidecabin.com

Thanks