Things you will Never see on a cruise again

Laszlo

6 hours ago, Laszlo said:

To be fair that wasn't really entertainment per say. It was done on the second to last or last night after all the big shows. It was members of the crew who put the skit on

Exactly and it was hilarious, I have been on 8 NCL cruises and thought their shows were top notch, especially the South American cruise.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jotjot said:

not to mention the undersized pools or hot tubs,  never understood  how they can keep them clean.

Having been in the swimming pool business, I can say that GENERALLY SPEAKING, it is done two ways, simultaneously:

1. constantly filtering  the water

2. adding chemicals to "purify" the water

Use common sense  in a "public" pool/spa.  Avoid getting water on your face - eyes, nose, mouth.  Without going into detail, women need to be especially careful to avoid bacterial infections (consult with an appropriate M.D. if you have concerns).  Always take a thorough shower with lots of soap after getting out of any pool/spa.  I only use the pool/spa on a cruise ship on port days when the pool/spas are virtually empty, generally that is when the water is cleanest.

Edited by El Crucero

12 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Changed, not gone.😷

Exactly. And everyone thinking they can just click through quickly, don't count on it. There's a required "training" in something at school every year and nothing ever changes in the powerpoint (ok, I'm sure it will THIS year...) so we've all gotten in the habit of just clicking through to the quiz. They got smart this past year and you had to watch the whole slide be read - no clicking through - and no just letting it play while you're doing something else (another option) because there's a quiz at the end. Quizzes all the way through. Given that some form of Muster/Safety is required, I'm pretty sure they had to put some kind of "cannot skip through/let play" protocols in there to get approval for it.

Edit to add: And if it's NOT built in, I doubt it will take them long to figure out people found a loophole and make changes. Disney did that with the "you can have your mask off while eating or drinking" rule - people who didn't want to bother with wearing a mask were carrying open bottles of water and if questioned would say "But I'm drinking." New addendum to the rule: "Masks may be removed while eating or drinking, but you must remain stationary and replace the mask when finished." Loophole closed.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1