2023 World Cruise

mrlevin

The 2023 World Cruise sounds wonderful:

An epic journey that traverses 42 countries and 6 continents. We can't wait share more with you this September about our new, 143-night World Cruise, setting sail in 2023.

Too bad my last onboard booking was wasted and I don't have a chance to get a new one for a very long time.  ☹️

Long cruise. We are pushing it moving to 2022 from 2021In terms of family issues. Will be interested to see the itinerary. Regent seems to be delaying the announcement, they  announced 2021 and 2022 the end of July I believe.

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

The 2023 World Cruise sounds wonderful:

Too bad my last onboard booking was wasted and I don't have a chance to get a new one for a very long time.  ☹️

Just curious, is there a particular advantage to booking a world cruise onboard?  Or is it “just” the reduced deposit?

18 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Where did you hear about this, Marc?  

It's too long--114 or so nights was perfect, but 143 is ridiculous.

I was just thinking that was a near perfect timing especially with visiting 6 continents. We did the 2018 WC cruise on the Navigator and loved the trip. It was 137 days and we spent An additional 4 days pre and post cruise in the LA area as we had not been there before. DH is ready for a long trip again, I am eager to see the itinerary!

Edited by cwn

29 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

It was at the end of today's Regent Connects email.

The onboard booking will give a bit of a discount but I don't think it lowers deposit on World Cruise (although it did lower deposit on next year's Grand Voyage).

Edited by mrlevin

Just now, Ladys Mom said:

Marc how did you happen to get the Regent Connects?

Norma

I would think all SSS members get it.  I also get the Crystal equivalent even though I have never sailed them; have a river cruise next year.

8 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I would think all SSS members get it.  I also get the Crystal equivalent even though I have never sailed them; have a river cruise next year.

We have our first river cruise with Crystal next summer -- Budapest to Prague on July 28.

24 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

The onboard booking will give a bit of a discount but I don't think it lowers deposit on World Cruise (although it did lower deposit on next year's Grand Voyage).

The $500 discount is not much of a blip considering the cost of the world cruise. We booked the 2022 world cruise on board and the deposit was reduced from 20% to 10%. Even our TA was surprised Regent did that.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:40 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

My DW, who hasn't been in a store or restaurant for almost 143 days, commented: "sounds TOO SHORT"!

Looking forward to hearing the boat, the itinerary and the benies.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

My DW, who hasn't been in a store or restaurant for almost 143 days, commented: "sounds TOO SHORT"!

Yeah, well, right now living on a cruise ship doesn't sound too bad, does it?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Our feelings exactly. Being waited on, good food and fun activities make the days fly by. Wish we could just transport ourselves to 2023. Eager to see the route and dream!

Wendy, you are right that Regent are late in announcing this cruise. Last year the 2022 Pacific based trip was revealed on 10 July.

The only major cruise line to reveal their 2023 WC so far are Crystal (fairly standard Miami to Barcelona over a whopping 140 nights). I am not sure if this is standard, but one aspect of the booking process with Crystal is quite substantial discounts for full up front payment, with a best price guarantee whereby you keep your discount percentage if prices fall. Maybe this is a way of getting cash flow now, but perhaps this is normal practice (I don’t know).

Assuming 2023 is Mariner, and given the length of the WC, what cabin category would you suggest as a minimum? Penthouse?

Edited by Belfast Taxman

1 hour ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Wendy, you are right that Regent are late in announcing this cruise. Last year the 2022 Pacific based trip was revealed on 10 July.

The only major cruise line to reveal their 2023 WC so far are Crystal (fairly standard Miami to Barcelona over a whopping 140 nights). I am not sure if this is standard, but one aspect of the booking process with Crystal is quite substantial discounts for full up front payment, with a best price guarantee whereby you keep your discount percentage if prices fall. Maybe this is a way of getting cash flow now, but perhaps this is normal practice (I don’t know).

Assuming 2023 is Mariner, and given the length of the WC, what cabin category would you suggest as a minimum? Penthouse?

My choice would be the Penthouse suite on Mariner with shower only. 
They are a spacious size cabin .   Jean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liptastic said:

My choice would be the Penthouse suite on Mariner with shower only. 
They are a spacious size cabin .   Jean.

Perfect choice.

The Horizon suites are also an excellent size & layout, but obviously pricier. Again shower only on either deck 8 or 9 (avoiding potential noise from above or below)

Edited by flossie009

3 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Since the World Cruise is usually announced prior to the schedule for the rest of the ships, would this imply that the Summer 2022 through Spring 2023 schedule might likewise be delayed until September or even later?

Yeah, I presume the announcement will be quite late.  Just hankering after something to dream about...

As for cabin choice, I've heard the Penthouse on Mariner is great, really great.  We could never afford it, frankly.  We had chosen a G standard cabin, walk-in shower, no tub, for the 2021 WC that we cancelled.  Dreamt about upgrading, but it never came up.  One disadvantage with a PH or above is that the cancellation penalties are much higher (I'm talking North America).   Standard cabin penalty was $500pp, but even for a PH it's a hefty percentage of the fare--something to think about.

Having been on Mariner in a standard balcony, we decided we could cope with it just fine, especially since the public spaces on Mariner are so great.

FYI, when we booked, in 2018 for 2021, there was no discount offered for upfront payment.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1

Well, let’s see ...

I booked the 2022 World Cruise while on the (truncated) 2020 World Cruise.  If all goes according to plan, I could book the 2023 World Cruise while on next summer’s Grand Arctic Adventure (94 days, R/T from NYC starting May 31, 2021).  I’m assuming that this fall’s 68-day South America cruise will be canceled (Oct 29-Jan 2).  Nothing official yet, but things don’t look good for it.  So my next booked cruise will be the Arctic trip.

And I just booked three additional cruises on the Mariner: the 3 cruises immediately preceding the 2022 World.  Starting November 14, I’ll be on the 24-day Amazon trip, the 10-day Caribbean (both of those R/T out of Miami), and the 18-day Miami-to-San Francisco.  Added up, that makes for 172 days on the Mariner November 14, 2021 to May 5, 2022.  And to me, that sounds like heaven.  

I’ll have to assess the health situation before committing to the 2023 World, but it sounds amazing.  My goal always is to maximize travel opportunities wherever I can, and RSSC is a great fit.  

Lana in Bellingham, WA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WesW said:

yes, Mariner from highest Regent source.

Would love to see the Mariner go to Esperance W Australia. This is from the 2018 WC. Most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Sitting in the Horizon Lounge outside deck with drink in hand...Heaven!!!

jsw_dscn9872.jpg

jsw_rnn_4904.jpg

Edited by cwn
  • Like 4