Does ez air have more flights if you call?

riffatsea

Wondering if ez air might offer flights hot listed on the web site if you call them?  Anyone have experience doing this??

There's  a wonderful non stop flight from here in San Diego to Heathrow but ez air doesn't  show it. Really would love to use that flight

53 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Wondering if ez air might offer flights hot listed on the web site if you call them?  Anyone have experience doing this??

There's  a wonderful non stop flight from here in San Diego to Heathrow but ez air doesn't  show it. Really would love to use that flight

If you are looking for the British Airways flight, it comes and goes.    Lately the price has been ridiculously expensive for Business class in May 2021. 

36 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

If you are looking for the British Airways flight, it comes and goes.    Lately the price has been ridiculously expensive for Business class in May 2021. 

Yes. That's  the one. Thanks for letting me know that it is on the site at times. I  really don't want to bother calling while they are in the middle of dealing with cancellations and re ebooking!

I know the flight is expensive. Oh well we'll  see what happens

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Yes. That's  the one. Thanks for letting me know that it is on the site at times. I  really don't want to bother calling while they are in the middle of dealing with cancellations and re ebooking!

I know the flight is expensive. Oh well we'll  see what happens

Keep checking and change flights as necessary for price drops.   Our flight from Paris/LHR/SAN dropped to under $600 for  Business May of this year.   Last week the flight was $700 higher then Virgin Atlantic coming thru Seattle.  Usually pay around $1k for the flight.  It is nice to fly into San Diego direct.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, riffatsea said:

On 7/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, riffatsea said:

From my experience there are no people just for ez air. It’s the same people you call for a reservation or to ask questions. 

Tom😀

On 7/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, kiwimum said:

Keep checking and change flights as necessary for price drops.   Our flight from Paris/LHR/SAN dropped to under $600 for  Business May of this year.   Last week the flight was $700 higher then Virgin Atlantic coming thru Seattle.  Usually pay around $1k for the flight.  It is nice to fly into San Diego direct.

Curious about the procedure to check for price drops?  For a cruise I just do a dummy booking. Not sure you can do that with flights if you already have something booked

Edited by riffatsea

22 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Curious about the procedure to check for price drops?  For a cruise I just do a dummy booking. Not sure you can do that with flights if you already have something booked

With EZair you go into your booking & do a search to see the price for the same schedule. If you want to change you can replace what you have with the new booking. I have done this just to check on the price. One note...I was booked on Australian Airlines out of San Francisco & to get the seats that I wanted I had to prepay for my seats. If I were to change my booking I would of had to pay again plus I might have not been able to get the same seats. 

Any other questions please ask. 

Tom😀

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Go into your booking in the Princess website.   Click on travel, select change flights and search from there.    This will not cancel or change your existing flights.  If you find something more convenient or lower price it will display your existing fare and the new fare.   You can either confirm the new flights or keep the existing.    We fly Business Class for international flights and have usually had the ability to select seats at booking.   The only issues arise when it is a code share.    Once you have the airlines confirmation number you can go to their website and select seats.   

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

With EZair you go into your booking & do a search to see the price for the same schedule. If you want to change you can replace what you have with the new booking.

If you want to change, it will ask you that to verify it will cancel your existing booking and then make the new one.

I am not sure at what point in the process it actually cancels the existing booking. One time I said yes, I agree. It then told me that the new booking had gone up $90/person since I started the procedure and asked if I wanted to proceed.

At this point I did not know if the original booking had been cancelled or not yet, so I felt I had to accept the higher price in order to be sure I still had a booking.

Thanks for all help. I have become an expert now at looking for flights and seeing what prices I can find. 

Kiwimum,,Wondering about those BA business class seat configurations?  Some look like they go backwards and have little storage space. What has been your experience?. Sadly we are dealing with booking with an AA code share so cannot pick seats until check in. Not happy about that  so may well change. It costs about$800 less to book the codeshare but not sure the savings is worth the seat hassle

On 7/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, trbarton said:

From my experience there are no people just for ez air. It’s the same people you call for a reservation or to ask questions. 

Tom😀

Not exactly true.  So here is how it works.  The EZAIR folks are actually a contractor who are truly air experts.  They not only handle Princess but also are responsible for HAL, Seabourn and at least one other cruise line.  But when you call Princess and have an EZAIR issue the Princess staff are trained to handle your issues (to the best of their ability) and resist any attempt to let you speak directly to the real EZAIR experts.  However, you can try to be politely insistent and if you have some tough air questions they will eventually relent and transfer you (and also give you a direct phone number).  We have previously found the REAL Ezair folks to be very knowledgeable and helpful.  That being said we have been told that the good prices are controlled via direct contractual deals with the various airlines.  The best fares are capacity controlled which creates interesting opportunities.  For example, we can sometimes find a much better International Business Class fare from Harrisburg PA then from Philadelphia or even Newark.  So when we are looking for business class to a place like Tokyo or Sydney we will price out offers from MDT, BWI, IAD, EWR, PHL , and even JFK.  The differences in prices and flights can be staggering.  The more flexible you can be the better chance you have to snag a really good price.

We seldom have to talk to the EZAIR folks since we simply use the online software to model all kinds of options.  When I have talked to the EZAIR folks (directly) they have not had better deals then I see online.  But they can be helpful when you run up against an issue with their online software such as wanting to change your departure flight without changing a previously booked return flight.  Although they are generally using the same "Polar" Online system that we access through EZAIR, they apparently have many more options at their fingertips.

Hank

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Not exactly true.  So here is how it works.  The EZAIR folks are actually a contractor who are truly air experts.  They not only handle Princess but also are responsible for HAL, Seabourn and at least one other cruise line.  But when you call Princess and have an EZAIR issue the Princess staff are trained to handle your issues (to the best of their ability) and resist any attempt to let you speak directly to the real EZAIR experts.  However, you can try to be politely insistent and if you have some tough air questions they will eventually relent and transfer you (and also give you a direct phone number).  We have previously found the REAL Ezair folks to be very knowledgeable and helpful.  That being said we have been told that the good prices are controlled via direct contractual deals with the various airlines.  The best fares are capacity controlled which creates interesting opportunities.  For example, we can sometimes find a much better International Business Class fare from Harrisburg PA then from Philadelphia or even Newark.  So when we are looking for business class to a place like Tokyo or Sydney we will price out offers from MDT, BWI, IAD, EWR, PHL , and even JFK.  The differences in prices and flights can be staggering.  The more flexible you can be the better chance you have to snag a really good price.

We seldom have to talk to the EZAIR folks since we simply use the online software to model all kinds of options.  When I have talked to the EZAIR folks (directly) they have not had better deals then I see online.  But they can be helpful when you run up against an issue with their online software such as wanting to change your departure flight without changing a previously booked return flight.  Although they are generally using the same "Polar" Online system that we access through EZAIR, they apparently have many more options at their fingertips.

Hank

Good point. When I’ve needed to talk to Princess about air the first agent has been able to help me.  Usually I’m able to do everything with the EZ Air on the Princess site for my cruise. 

Tom😀

9 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Good point. When I’ve needed to talk to Princess about air the first agent has been able to help me.  Usually I’m able to do everything with the EZ Air on the Princess site for my cruise. 

Tom😀

Last year we had an issue with an EZAIR booking and called Princess.  The Princess clerk was very polite and spent over 15 minutes clicking away to find a solution to our problem with no success.  Finally I did convince her to transfer me to the real EZAIR folks and after some time on hold I got another very nice lady.  She was amazing and as we chatted I learned she had worked with airline reservation systems for many years.  She quickly resolved my problem.  When dealing with Seabourn (who uses the same office as EZAIR) the attitude is somewhat different and their folks will quickly transfer callers to the real air pros.  We have also found that although several cruise lines use the same air office, the prices for the same flights can vary between the different cruise lines.  The explanation we received is that each line negotiates their own deals although I have my doubts.  For example, several cruise lines will use the "P" Fares for Business Class.  These are among the lowest price for International Business Class.  But if two lines quote two different fares using the same flights and a "P" fare one would assume that one cruise line is marking up the fare.  This actually makes some sense if you consider that certain lines might include transfers in their price.

Hank

48 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

We had a flight booked directly with British Air using our Alaska miles. If we wanted to select our seats any earlier than 24 hours before the flight we had to pay. Don't think it matters if it's a codeshare.

It might matter what class of service you had. Did they want you to pay for a first class or business class seat selection?

8 hours ago, caribill said:

It might matter what class of service you had. Did they want you to pay for a first class or business class seat selection?

Agree.  Have not seen a fee for selection of seat in those classes.  WRT BA, when I had a flight segment on AA code-share, I could not select seats until ticketed, but when I re-booked later on the BA flight (same trip), I could select seats.  This was Premium Economy.

My question may be moot at this point. BA just announced it is getting rid of all its 747s which is the plane we were due to fly. Will have to see if they keep the route wiith a different plane or if they drop the non stop flight altogether