Refund of Future Cruise Credit

denmarks

Last year I purchased a $100 FCC during my cruise. Since then with the virus and personal reasons I have decided I will not go on any new cruises. On 6/11/20 I requested a refund. As of today it still shows up on my account and I have not received anything. Is anyone else having the same problem and what can be done about it? I have phoned twice with no definite answer. I have emailed twice with no response.

I'm guessing that refund of an existing FCD is low on their list of priorities. I have several cruises booked using FCD and will be hoping to at least get them restored. I think I'd rather have the FCD than some future FCC even if they are willing to double the amount. Who would ever have guessed that these purchases were something we might not actually be able to use?

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm guessing that refund of an existing FCD is low on their list of priorities. I have several cruises booked using FCD and will be hoping to at least get them restored. I think I'd rather have the FCD than some future FCC even if they are willing to double the amount. Who would ever have guessed that these purchases were something we might not actually be able to use?

My FCD was restored from a cancelled Alaska cruise and is already applied to a different future booking. However, if my December cruise is cancelled that one had an expiration date of March 2020, so that will likely be refunded who knows when.  Plus there was no doubling anything on that FCD. I did get double on the September cruise that was cancelled, but that had a $$ deposit. 

2 hours ago, denmarks said:

Last year I purchased a $100 FCC during my cruise. Since then with the virus and personal reasons I have decided I will not go on any new cruises. On 6/11/20 I requested a refund. As of today it still shows up on my account and I have not received anything. Is anyone else having the same problem and what can be done about it? I have phoned twice with no definite answer. I have emailed twice with no response.

We canceled our FCD on Mar 30.  Got the refund Jun 8.  At that time the delay was 60 days.  Don't know what it is now.

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

My FCD was restored from a cancelled Alaska cruise and is already applied to a different future booking. However, if my December cruise is cancelled that one had an expiration date of March 2020, so that will likely be refunded who knows when.  Plus there was no doubling anything on that FCD. I did get double on the September cruise that was cancelled, but that had a $$ deposit. 

One of my cruises that had an FCD applied, which was expired, was returned back to the credit card on which I purchased it.  I was happy either way ... back to my account with or back to my credit card.  

Now, I had another sailing canceled that had an FCD, another couple hundred dollars and a bonus FCC that was canceled.  I was told all would be doubled if I chose the double your deposit on all these payment sources.  

??? ... it was recently canceled so, I don't have verification of that but, that's what I was told.  We'll see!! 

• Like 1