How are you all?

AndyMichelle

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Glad you are getting out and about Graham, have enjoyed seeing the pics. 

Thank God for nice gardens and good weather. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy.

I think if we didn't get out we would end up being depressed.

All the great posting on here is keeping me sane.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I wish I could remember where my Aunt's caravan was situated.  All I can remember is that there was a swimming pool on site. We used to go up to visit her when she was staying there, in the mid 60's to early 70's 

It would have probably been Martello camp, it was the only one with an onsite pool. Housing estate now.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happy v said:

We are tickety-boo, Andy. Thanks for asking.

No job or money worries for the family. We are all off on a family holiday next week. Just been out buying drinks and nibbles. Honestly at this present moment I'm very happy and excited.

I'm glad things are good with you and Michelle. You are such an upbeat caring person you deserve happiness. 

Love V.

Who had them tissues... 

Thank you V, have a fantastic holiday. 

Andy 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have had a lovely day here, there was just a short sharp shower this morning but very warm and sunny since.  David has just had a phone call from his brother in Tennessee to wish him happy birthday do that was nice.

My niece is feeling very positive at the moment, I just feel so sorry for her because she spent the first 14 weeks of lockdown working nights on the Covid ward because she is a nurse and her husband can only work days and no one could look after her children because of the rules and now she thought the things were getting back to normal this happened to her.

Keep well.

More amazing stories, that's what you get when you dig a little deeper, real life heroes like your niece... 

Where's them tissues again.. 

Andy 

• Like 3

Life here is pretty normal.  I am working as you know.  Other half works at his desk every day just like normal.  Only thing missing is a holiday really.  Thought we would go to Scotland, but then thought it wasn't worth it.  We will see what things are like in September.

• Like 3

This is such a lovely thread to read while drinking my G & T, it feels like you get to know people and their lives. 
We are fortunate enough to live in Lytham St Annes in Lancashire though I was born in Yorkshire, we moved to the coast about 18 months ago.Until recently it has been very quiet here but now as expected there are lots of tourists and all the hotels and facilities are open.

We went for a meal for the first time last weekend, very safe with staff wearing masks and contact details taken.

I hate the mask wearing but do it as we all need to keep safe. I have my mum who is 86 living close by so I have been looking after her the best I can, shopping etc. It has been a challenging time as I have MS myself but I can still get out and about using my scooter. There is always someone worse off than your self so it’s chin up and get on with it.

Cannot wait to cruise again, got a short break with daughter & grandchildren to Tattershall Lakes in September just before school starts again so looking forward to that.

Keep safe everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

This is such a lovely thread to read while drinking my G & T, it feels like you get to know people and their lives. 
We are fortunate enough to live in Lytham St Annes in Lancashire though I was born in Yorkshire, we moved to the coast about 18 months ago.Until recently it has been very quiet here but now as expected there are lots of tourists and all the hotels and facilities are open.

We went for a meal for the first time last weekend, very safe with staff wearing masks and contact details taken.

I hate the mask wearing but do it as we all need to keep safe. I have my mum who is 86 living close by so I have been looking after her the best I can, shopping etc. It has been a challenging time as I have MS myself but I can still get out and about using my scooter. There is always someone worse off than your self so it’s chin up and get on with it.

Cannot wait to cruise again, got a short break with daughter & grandchildren to Tattershall Lakes in September just before school starts again so looking forward to that.

Keep safe everyone 

Michelle

Another amazing person.. 

'Chin up and get on with it'... 

Fantastic attitude. 

Andy 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Life here is pretty normal.  I am working as you know.  Other half works at his desk every day just like normal.  Only thing missing is a holiday really.  Thought we would go to Scotland, but then thought it wasn't worth it.  We will see what things are like in September.

Glad the Grockles are not getting you down Jean.. 

Andy 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is our 40th wedding anniversary August 22nd 2021.

I will be 65 in October 2021 so what a coincidence with the dates etc.

We also are very wary of cruising again and even spending nights away etc.

Booking at short notice will be our theme for next year too.

We got married on the 15th August 1981, the week before you. 

I can’t believe how quickly time has flown, it doesn’t seem like 39 years ago next week. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Glad the Grockles are not getting you down Jean.. 

Andy 

Andy, I have to say, if it was just grockles then all would be fine.  The problem is the milleniums who normally go to Magaluf, Ibiza and Benidorm.  They are causing so many problems you wouldn't believe it.  However, this normally happens at night, so well after I have gone home.  worst thing I have heard is a really nice customer whose outboard engine had been filled with sea water.  What a nasty low down trick for someone to do.

• Like 5

Stop it now!
Sarah, we’re gonna need that box of Kleenex back...

Sorry, I used them all up after reading all these lovely posts. [emoji4]

I don’t have anything to contribute cruise wise on this forum because I’m still waiting to go on my first, but just reading about people’s stories and positive attitudes does me good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Andy, I have to say, if it was just grockles then all would be fine.  The problem is the milleniums who normally go to Magaluf, Ibiza and Benidorm.  They are causing so many problems you wouldn't believe it.  However, this normally happens at night, so well after I have gone home.  worst thing I have heard is a really nice customer whose outboard engine had been filled with sea water.  What a nasty low down trick for someone to do.

Oh I see, not the normal crowd.. 

I think a bit of jealousy and warped attempt at humour must count for a lot of it. 

What a lovely part of the country to live in though. 

Andy 

Yes it is and I love it.  Our virus numbers are pretty low, so that's a good thing.  Driving to Salcombe in the early morning is lovely.  I saw an owl this morning.  Made my day.  Normal customers are fine, but those whose only desire is to cause problems and behave badly are not welcome.

• Like 4

Just now, SarahHben said:

Sorry, I used them all up after reading all these lovely posts. emoji4.png

I don’t have anything to contribute cruise wise on this forum because I’m still waiting to go on my first, but just reading about people’s stories and positive attitudes does me good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's why I started the thread Sarah, there are so many lovely people on here who support us through tricky times, I just wanted to check you are all OK and, if not, let's see if we can do anything to cheer you up. 

Good people attract good people. 

Andy 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well said Andy.  You're a good person yourself xx

Your not so bad yourself Jean :classic_smile:

Who else would park our ships up for us ?  You are a star ✴️

Any probs just phone Jean   📱:classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just watching Mighty Ships, Queen Mary 2, watching cruising is better than no cruising!!! Got to wait until July 21 before we go on Iona with the grandchildren then Feb 22 to Caribbean on Celebrity Edge. Hopefully they will both go ahead as last three have been cancelled for one reason or another. 
Michelle 

• Like 3

I must admit I am a bit doubtful about our cruises going ahead, I have been checking out villas for next summer as I feel it may be a safer option. I am not sure if cruising will feel the same with lots of restrictions in place although I accept they will be needed. I think I will just sit tight for a few months and see how the new style cruising seems when they start from reviews. My balance isn’t due until April so plenty of time 

Michelle

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I am afraid I don't think we are cruising until 2022.  Just don't see it happening until there is a proven vaccine.

Your not on your own Jean ,there is a few of us on here but at least we are in good company on these boards :classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Jean.

Salcombe was on GMB this morning.

Looks a lovely place.

Your mayor and the harbour was shown as well as the crowded streets.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

This is a good thread started by Andy :classic_smile:

Is everybody else doing OK ? We would love to hear how you are coping ?

As Andy says cruising can wait until another day /thread.  This is about you and your loved ones.:classic_wink:

• Like 4