How are you all?

AndyMichelle

57 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter came home from hospital last night,  and it"s as the doctor suspected, costochondritis. Painful but not serious. Prescribed strong pain meds and rest, and she's had her first good night's sleep in days. I'm so relieved, as she's had a few issues during lockdown. She was diagnosed bi-polar  30 years ago and the lockdown has been stressful for her, but she is coping ok. She has recently been diagnosed type 2 diabetes as well and she's handling the diagnosis better than I am😆. I'm such a wimp😂. You always worry about your children though, whatever their age, and mine babies are 55, 52 and 50.😉

Avril 

I'm glad she's got a diagnosis and it wasn't anything more serious. I know there's probably degrees of costochondritis but it really can be very painful at it's worst, my daughter couldn't have lifted a quarter full kettle, couldn't wear a cross body hand bag,  had to use a cushion in between the car seat belt and her chest, even underwear was an issue.  Make sure she takes it easy as that will help speed up her recovery.

• Thanks 1

Hi, what a great idea for a thread. It has felt like a big family being part of CC and chatting to you all throughout this crisis. We are doing ok - work in education so it had been rather manic and stressful and all of the negative press from the tabloids about the profession has got me down at times. Hey ho, not in it to be popular and are now preparing for the whole school to return in September. As a result of the job we kept working throughout the lockdown and are grateful that we have our health, our elderly parents are saldy no longer with us, but in many ways we were thankful that they were saved the upset as they would have been in a care home. Thought about them often and felt for those families affected.

As you probably know we cancelled our cruise on Oceana before she went elsewhere and also had to cancel 2 other short breaks. Somehow we ended up purchasing a beautiful static caravan in Llanddulas and it is just perfect. Very quiet with lovely sea views and we can enjoy pretending out balcony is a aft one on a ship ! We go on loads of walks 'for excercise' and are tending to keep away from crowded areas. Would rather have a picnic and stay away from cafes and pubs. In some ways we are behaving like we did in lockdown and can't understand why others seem to think it is all over ! We will raise a glass or 2 to Oceana next week as we should have sailed on the 13th 😞

Haven't seen family for a while as they don't liv locally but keep in touch via the phone loads and whatsapp.

Stay safe everyone and thanks again for helping to brighten our lockdown journey 🙂

• Like 9

Good Morning all, Day 3 at the office, so crowded, not a mooring left.  Yachts rafted up right left and centre.  Cars doing 20mph this morning on a 60 mile an hour road.  otherwise life is good.  Just planning a trip up to Anglesey in the car in September with the doggie.

rolo.jpg

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, what a great idea for a thread. It has felt like a big family being part of CC and chatting to you all throughout this crisis. We are doing ok - work in education so it had been rather manic and stressful and all of the negative press from the tabloids about the profession has got me down at times. Hey ho, not in it to be popular and are now preparing for the whole school to return in September. As a result of the job we kept working throughout the lockdown and are grateful that we have our health, our elderly parents are saldy no longer with us, but in many ways we were thankful that they were saved the upset as they would have been in a care home. Thought about them often and felt for those families affected.

As you probably know we cancelled our cruise on Oceana before she went elsewhere and also had to cancel 2 other short breaks. Somehow we ended up purchasing a beautiful static caravan in Llanddulas and it is just perfect. Very quiet with lovely sea views and we can enjoy pretending out balcony is a aft one on a ship ! We go on loads of walks 'for excercise' and are tending to keep away from crowded areas. Would rather have a picnic and stay away from cafes and pubs. In some ways we are behaving like we did in lockdown and can't understand why others seem to think it is all over ! We will raise a glass or 2 to Oceana next week as we should have sailed on the 13th 😞

Haven't seen family for a while as they don't liv locally but keep in touch via the phone loads and whatsapp.

Stay safe everyone and thanks again for helping to brighten our lockdown journey 🙂

Have really enjoyed 'tales from the caravan', sounds idyllic. 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Good Morning all, Day 3 at the office, so crowded, not a mooring left.  Yachts rafted up right left and centre.  Cars doing 20mph this morning on a 60 mile an hour road.  otherwise life is good.  Just planning a trip up to Anglesey in the car in September with the doggie.

rolo.jpg

Oh bless, what a sweetheart... 

The dogs OK too Jean😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

So pleased that you now can rest a little knowing what is up with your Daughter, as I said in another post

"it's the not knowing" that can be the worst.

Try not to worry about her with the diabetes Avril(easier said than done:classic_smile:)

Now the NHS have her on their radar ,she will have her eyes checked by the Barnsley screening service.

She will be offered a course "Desmonds" more about living with the condition.

The main thing is she being looked after as opposed to the 1,000?s unaware they have the condition.

Glad to hear she is getting sorted Avril :classic_smile:

Down our way the course is called “Xpert” sure it’s the same sort of thing. It’s well controlled nowadays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Playing cricket on that beach was the scene of one of my most embarrassing moments as a kid of about 12 wearing just swimming trunks... 

As was the norm, other families of all ages tended to join in, so rather a large crowd had gathered. 

I was running between the stumps after a particularly fantastic outside edge when I realised everyone was laughing.. 

I didn't understand why until my mum shouted out at the top of her voice 'his willy is hanging out'.... I could have died of embarrassment.. 

So not all great memories of Walton beach... 

Andy 

Never understood cricket.Is that called a silly middle stump.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I can empathise how you are feeling about your job.(I was a teacher for a few years)I have really enjoyed seeing your photos of views from your caravan and it has made me determined to visit Llanddulas one day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or perhaps a fancy slip

Or a deep square leg?

I love cricket but long ago decided I just couldn’t be whatsited to learn all the strange fielding positions.  I know some (slips etc) and I think I’ve absorbed some through my pores but certainly don’t know all

Jean - I love your office dog.  Does s/he work with you every day?

• Like 1

Eddie, no he's at home with the other half.  he was a rescue from Spain at 18 months and after a year was found to have Leishmaniasis and Heartworm😞  Nightmare.  However, now well and is a super dog.  I could bring him in with me if I wanted to though.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

rolo.jpg

What a lovely dog.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

As you may remember my sister is a Deputy Head and I get very cross when I hear people moan about them ‘doing nothing’ and having  long holidays. She, and I’m sure the majority, work long hours and much of the holidays too. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

The game stopped then, so they didn't get to see my googlies... 😊

Andy 

From what I have read Andy ,that was a long time ago on a beach you were 12-ish :classic_blush::classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

rolo.jpg

What a gorgeous dog 🐕🐕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

That really doesn’t sound too bad Avril, albeit it sounds painful.

I wonder if she can turn her thoughts to reversing the diabetes?  More and more people are managing to do so - a hard slog at the start but what a goal to aim for ... Anyway, that’s up to her.  Wishing her recovery from the chondritis and being totally pain free soon

They've put her straight on to tablets for the diabetes, so it must be high, 12 she said, whatever that means, given her a do and don't sheet for foods and told her to make an appointment with her GP for a month for more bloods done. Another tablet  to add to her collection of daily meds. She now has a total of 15 a day to take and is quite blasé about it. Me, not so much. Just as long as she's ok though, that's all I'm bothered about.

Avril 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

rolo.jpg

Jean, what a gorgeous dog. Looks young and very alert. Unless your holding a treat in your hand while taking the photo😉. We stayed overnight in Anglesey many years ago while doing a tour around Wales. Stayed in a lovely hotel facing the water in Beau Maris.  Lovely little place. There's seal colony there and a lovey old castle too if memory serves.

Avril 

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

rolo.jpg

Lovely dog Jean. Very pretty markings and kind eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

They've put her straight on to tablets for the diabetes, so it must be high, 12 she said, whatever that means, given her a do and don't sheet for foods and told her to make an appointment with her GP for a month for more bloods done. Another tablet  to add to her collection of daily meds. She now has a total of 15 a day to take and is quite blasé about it. Me, not so much. Just as long as she's ok though, that's all I'm bothered about.

Avril 

My late mam was type 2 diabetic.

6 was the perfect glucose level so 12 is a little high.

She started on Metformin tablets then was put on insulin as well.

She had a machine and had to ***** her finger twice a day and put the blood sample on a test paper into the machine to get her glucose count.

She always kept a boiled sweet in her bag because if her glucose level got to low she would have a hypo and the sweet got her glucose level back up.

If the glucose levels got to high this is where diabetes side affects can happen.

The insulin levels she had to take were constantly monitored.

It has been reported that losing weight and a very low calorie diet can reverse Type 2 but always best to check with your doctor.

Graham.